• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: Wales vs Ireland (08/08/2015)

The Welsh defence seem to have a complete lack of co-ordination. Maybe an issue with the communication in the team? To be expected with so many new or inexperienced faces I guess.

Guess Howley wasn't lying when he said they hadn't done much rugby.

Let's hope Sexton doesn't get injured though. Jackson having a dodgy one so far. We'll put it down to nerves.

And special thanks to BBC Wales for not putting a scoreboard up.

Thinking Reddan looking unspectacular as well. Some big reaches being made to collect his deliveries.

Wales lacking intensity and shape. I get a feeling a few of them know the pecking order already.

Ireland playing it like a test match, Wales approaching it as a friendly.

This is unfair on people who bought tickets to this match. What was Gatland doing the last 6 weeks?

Scott Williams one of the only Welsh players who looks like they give a crap.

Cave having a good game at 12 for Ireland.

Haven't had time to switch away from the game to comment on it. Not sure how much each coach is learning from this...

Waste of a game for Ireland. Can't judge how players are going against this sort of opposition. What Wales get out of it I don't know either.

Wahey, there's something.

Huge lack of experience in this team. Less to do with training I feel, more to do with selection.

If I were Ireland, I'd be getting a few of the bigger players off before they pick up an injury on what is a nothing, mis match of a game.

I feel for some of the guys who are good enough, but don't get a chance in the first choice side (Dom Day, and to a lesser extent Tipuric) - I know this is just a nothing game, but it'll still be in the coaches heads when they're looking at them come RWC time.

Latest posts