• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Wales vs Ireland (Round 4)

Not really - go to any social media outlet and have a look at the comments on any Wales related post.
Obviously social media isn't the best gauge and is generally the vocal minority, but the Welsh lot on there are very vocal.

Yes i know. But in what way do you think this is not the EXACT same case for English Fans? A winning English team is absolutely insufferable. (By team, i mean fans) The only difference is that there is such a huge deal more of the English posters...

Last edited:
Yes i know. But in what way do you think this is not the EXACT same case for English Fans? A winning English team is absolutely insufferable. (By team, i mean fans)
Welsh fans tend to be pretty insufferable in defeat can't admit to anything that actually went on in a game.

I'm not gonna spend the next 30 minuites trying to find highlights of England breaks vs. Ireland to show they have attacking flair, it's simply not worth my time or effort.

However so far this tournament

Ireland tries = 3
England tries = 8

Both played Italy, both played each other, Ireland played France, we played Wales if your an easier team to score tries against than France....god help you.

Look you can make up deluded excuses whenever like when you though Wales dominated for the first 40mins of Wales V England match as some sort of vendetta against me but please your making yourself look silly at times.

Anyway this is about Wales and Ireland so lets focus on that game and those teams.

The Celtic nations seem to have self-imploded at the prospect of one of them possibly winning the championship in a world cup year.

Ireland & Wales suddenly have 30 World Class players while England have none and everyone has more attacking flair despite England scoring more tries than anyone else 6 of them through the backs, and only one of them over 5 phases.

here is a question, what's the only team in the 6 Nations to score off a primary phase strike move?

Last edited:
Page 2 and we're already on "who's fans are most arrogant"

This is going to be a looooooon week or so

Welsh fans tend to be pretty insufferable in defeat can't admit to anything that actually went on in a game.

Don't agree. Nevermind, i'm knackered and can't be bothered see-sawing right now. Especially with you.

Page 2 and we're already on "who's fans are most arrogant"

This is going to be a looooooon week or so
All teams have their bloody annoying fans quite honestly though it's vocal minority most of the time.

The Celtic nations seem to have self-imploded at the prospect of one of them possibly winning the championship in a world cup year.

Ireland & Wales suddenly have 30 World Class players while England have none and everyone has more attacking flair despite England scoring more tries than anyone else 6 of them through the backs, and only one of them over 5 phases.

here is a question, what's the only team in the 6 Nations to score off a primary phase strike move?

Jeeze man, can you and nturd not please go vent your frustrations somewhere else for a while.

This sounds dodgy, but can we not like, lock out certain posters for a bit whilst they cool off from their 20 page bash in the Ireland thread. Some just need to be banned from the thread completely. Ruining the forum to be honest.

TBF I'd be pretty g'd up if I were and Ireland fan. Fate completely in their own hands, beaten Italy, beaten France, beaten England by suffocating them at the breakdown, know they'll probably beat Wales with the same amount of effort and know something would have to go seriously wrong to loose to Scotland.

Also they've got a good route to the final of the WC if they come top their group (which they should) and first real opposition in a semi-final against a likely battered and bruised England/Wales/Australia. The other side of the draw won't have had a easy game the week before....not saying they'll win the world cup but if I were an Irish fan I'd consider risking a bob or two on it if they complete a grand slam.

All teams have their bloody annoying fans quite honestly though it's vocal minority most of the time.

I know, I just don't want another thread turning into a picky arguement over small things

Jeeze man, can you and nturd not please go vent your frustrations somewhere else for a while.
Sorry saw this yesterday and wasn't able to comment at the time. I would like to congratulate you on your supreme wit I have never heard that in all my life.

I have yet to resort to name calling once yet apparently I'm bring the forum down....

TBF I'd be pretty g'd up if I were and Ireland fan. Fate completely in their own hands, beaten Italy, beaten France, beaten England by suffocating them at the breakdown, know they'll probably beat Wales with the same amount of effort and know something would have to go seriously wrong to loose to Scotland.

Also they've got a good route to the final of the WC if they come top their group (which they should) and first real opposition in a semi-final against a likely battered and bruised England/Wales/Australia. The other side of the draw won't have had a easy game the week before....not saying they'll win the world cup but if I were an Irish fan I'd consider risking a bob or two on it if they complete a grand slam.

No doubt they are a good side, with a good coach.... they should be able to put it away from here.

Sorry saw this yesterday and wasn't able to comment at the time. I would like to congratulate you on your supreme wit I have never heard that in all my life.

I have yet to resort to name calling once yet apparently I'm bring the forum down....

Spot on mate :D

Let's forget it.

Incidentally, i'd also put a couple of bob on Ireland winning the world cup. Great odds.

Find this exceptionally hard to believe considering your incredibly ignorant views on English rugby.

Don't know how I feel about this game. On the one hand I don't want Ireland to win the Slam :)p) but on the other I don't want Wales to win. The fans have been going on about how they're going to win the Six Nations ever since they squeaked home vs Scotland (I don't think they'd win the whole thing if they were to beat Ireland, but I can just how insufferable it'd be if they did beat Ireland).
A draw would be nice.

Typical comment from a soccer fan, I should watch who you call ignorant, you never know who,s stood behind you.
We Welsh fans are not only knowledgeable but both gracious in defeat and humble in victory.

I see there on news Sam Warburton getting something like I've injections that were developed in Antarctica and he expects to be fit for Irish game. Some turn around if he comes through as he was expected to be out for 6 weeks at start.

I just hope it's not too much too young on his body. I've never been a fan of using injections to get players through games, but maybe it's because i don't know the biology of it well enough.

Last edited:
I think Ireland are quite clearly building towards a complete game, they've laid the foundations and are in a good position to win a slam because of these. We saw a few intricate backs moves against England, Robbie Henshaw breaking through and being caught by the ankle comes to mind. Joe Schmidt is the most thorough operator of any coach in rugby and he won't go into a match lacking in an area of the game unless he knew he could and still win comfortably as we've seen this tournament. If he thinks we need accurate 'flairy' backs to beat Wales he'll have them set to do so. Realistically I think we'll see little change and a more creative team come the World Cup.

Came to the thread to look at peoples thoughts on positions, tactics, potential line ups, predictions etc.

Any chance we can have a separate thread for you guys to argue over who's nations fans are more 'insufferable' or which fans are winding you up.

Came to the thread to look at peoples thoughts on positions, tactics, potential line ups, predictions etc.

Any chance we can have a separate thread for you guys to argue over who's nations fans are more 'insufferable' or which fans are winding you up.

It's just the 6 nations. It brings all the nutters out.

Any news on Sean? Tommy O'Donnell had a very good game on the weekend, but we're getting pretty light in the back row.

I think Ireland are quite clearly building towards a complete game, they've laid the foundations and are in a good position to win a slam because of these. We saw a few intricate backs moves against England, Robbie Henshaw breaking through and being caught by the ankle comes to mind. Joe Schmidt is the most thorough operator of any coach in rugby and he won't go into a match lacking in an area of the game unless he knew he could and still win comfortably as we've seen this tournament. If he thinks we need accurate 'flairy' backs to beat Wales he'll have them set to do so. Realistically I think we'll see little change and a more creative team come the World Cup.

that's essentially what Reggie Corrigan said on Full Contact the other day, that he's deliberately asking henshaw and payne to concentrate on Defence and simple draw and pass rugby so they bed down and get experience and that he'll develop the attacking side spot 6 Nations.

The thing that people miss, is that the Leinster side were not a flair side under Schmidt, they had a very basic game plan and then they bolted specific early game strike moves onto that that were designed to break a specific team down.

LOL! Negged for saying England scored more tries than Ireland ;)

Last edited:

But I know nothing about that stuff......;)

Agree injections are probably not a good idea, I can understand trying to push yourself through a world cup final or similar but in a game which if you win you have a chance to win a 6 nations championship? I thought the rumours were Wales management were apparently writing off the 6 nations in favour of building the world cup? I didn't believe it when suggested (because the best prep for a world cup is winning a 6 nations for NH teams) but if they're doing this I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish apart from risking an important player 6 months out from world cup.