• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 RBS Six Nations Predictions

While Scotland doesn't have many Injury problems to face par Mark Bennett who could miss out, so we don't have any real excuse to be poor unless were just s**t.

My Form XV for Scotland (Pretty containing the players who are playing really well at this moment of time) would be this

1.) Rory Sutherland
2.) James Malcolm
3.) WP Nel
4.) Jonny Gray
5.) Ben Toolis
6.) Josh Strauss
7.) John Hardie
8.) David Denton
9.) Greig Laidlaw
10.) Rory Jackson
11.) Tim Visser
12.) Matt Scott
13.) Chris Dean
14.) Damian Hoyland
15.) Sean Maitland

My predicted XV

1.) Al Dickinson
2.) Ross Ford
3.) WP Nel
4.) Richie Gray
5.) Jonny Gray
6.) Josh Strauss
7.) John Hardie
8.) David Denton
9.) Greig Laidlaw
10.) Finn Russell
11.) Tim Visser
12.) Alex Dunbar
13.) Mark Bennett
14.) Sean Maitland
15.) Stuart Hogg

Not sure Maitland could or should keep Seymour out. However, it might be a plan to bench Hogg for Maitland, if only to stop Valley Commando having a stroke.

Not sure Maitland could or should keep Seymour out. However, it might be a plan to bench Hogg for Maitland, if only to stop Valley Commando having a stroke.

Think that make Hogg stop and think for the good.....

How true.....probably needs something to think with first !!

I'm sure he spends a lot of time thinking about how he and his fellow Scots aren't shown enough respect by the English like he did last year.

I have had one stroke, so your suggestion may prevent a 2nd.

I came so close but, no, I am going to forego the opportunity that statement gives for a smutty remark......!!

Good that you have recovered and hope it was a full recovery!

Back to the rugby after selecting his first 6 Nations squad Guy Noves brings his authority down on the continual media circus by cutting player exposure from 5 times a week (that could have been JUST for PSA) back to 3 which is a good move in the right direction, the park regains importance v the press conference!!!!!!!!

The French squad for the first game v Italy, no FTD which does not surprise me and a few new faces not all bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avants: Ben Arous, Poirot, Guirado, Chat, Slimani, Atonio, Maestri, Jedrasiak, Vahaamahina, Flanquart, Lauret, Camara, Gourdon, Picamoles, Burban, Chouly.
Trois-quarts: Bézy, Parra, Machenaud, Doussain, Plisson, Dumoulin, Fofana, Fickou, Danty, Lamerat, Bonneval, Médard, Fall, Spedding, Vakatawa.

No leaders. No 10. No team.

The union show is on.

#Novèsaintandré

No leaders. No 10. No team.

The union show is on.

#Novèsaintandré

Ffs, FF, you doom monger, try to show just a little bit of enthusiasm for your team!
You're writing them off before they've even taken the field!!

Ffs, FF, you doom monger, try to show just a little bit of enthusiasm for your team!
You're writing them off before they've even taken the field!!

Allez les Bleus Alleeeeeez les Bleus :)

Allons Zenfants de la Patriieeeeeeee le jour de Gloire est arrivééee
Contre nous de la tyrannie l'étendard sanglant est levée
L'ETENDAAAAAARD SANGLANT EST LEVÉÉÉEEEEE

Allez les Bleus Alleeeeeez les Bleus :)

Allons Zenfants de la Patriieeeeeeee le jour de Gloire est arrivééee
Contre nous de la tyrannie l'étendard sanglant est levée
L'ETENDAAAAAARD SANGLANT EST LEVÉÉÉEEEEE

Ahhh! ca me rassure!! Bravo FF!

And..... God save the Queen!!

Forecasting how Ireland are going to perform is a tough one. There was a huge hangover from the WC evident with the provinces early season. Thats slowly getting better but will it be enough? If Ireland beat Wales first up they've a decent chance of making it three in a row. A lot will depend on Schmidt making changes to the gameplan and integrating new players. They're in serious danger of becoming stale. The likes of McCloskey, McGrath and Moore have to be first choice. It wouldn't hurt to give Stander, VDF, Payne (at fullback) a chance either.

Wales are an obvious threat to all. If they survive in the set piece against England and France i can see them winning both games. There'll be little in it against Ireland. Always is.

The form of the English club sides will mean little. It'll take Jones time to find his best team and get his message across. Against settled sides like Wales and Ireland they might come a cropper.

I hope France are liberated by the fact they actually have a coach now. For so long they've been let down by muppets in charge. Even if they do play with a coherent gameplan they'll find it hard without Dusatoir and a decent 10 though.

Scotland will beat Italy but lose to everyone else.

The likely order of things as i see it: (its tentative though)

Ireland
Wales
England
France
Scotland
Italy

Scotland will beat Italy but lose to everyone else.

The likely order of things as i see it: (its tentative though)

Ireland
Wales
England
France
Scotland
Italy

I think Wales will win. Gatland worked miracles with an injury ravaged side at the WC and pushed SA very close.

As far as Scotland goes, I think the home game against France is as much of an opportunity to get a win as Italy away assuming the French haven't sorted themselves out.

I have a pretty strong feeling that Ireland, Wales and England could finish anywhere in the top 3, like last year. It's almost impossible to predict who will come where in the top 3 due to there being so many different variables. Can't see a grand slam this year.