• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v South Africa (17/09/2016)

If SA apply the tactics and personnel from the first half at home to NZ and Oz then we should have competitive games. There is talent in the team, it just needs to be used correctly. I hardly counted a single infield kick in the first half and there were at least 8-10 in the second half (plus ones that went out on the full).

At least it was under 30 points, which I'm sure is no consolation to anyone. RC getting more one sided than even the 6N threatens to be. Not the best period for international rugby at the moment.

Where'd all the SAFers go?

What is wrong with de Allende and Kriel centres like last year? Who took it to Nonu/Smith.

Is this a joke, or have I done something to **** you off?

Mate, I'm a leathery old croc skin kiwi.
Your joke was taken in the good humour it was intended i assure you.
Furthermore, your stock has risen since i see you are a Bath fan.
Bath fans are intelligent just as Leicester and Sarries fans are....
Not.

;-)

Mate, I'm a leathery old croc skin kiwi.
Your joke was taken in the good humour it was intended i assure you.
Furthermore, your stock has risen since i see you are a Bath fan.
Bath fans are intelligent just as Leicester and Sarries fans are....
Not.

;-)

Thought so, just checking. I know how touchy about the ABs, what with having nothing else to give you national self-esteem and all.

Also don't lump us in with those Leicester plebs. NOW we have a problem

NZ final 40 has something that is soooo impressive to watch.

Do we make you feel threatened with our educated, cultured ways?

i feel about as threatened as your trophy cabinet is full.

- - - Updated - - -

Where'd all the SAFers go?

What is wrong with de Allende and Kriel centres like last year? Who took it to Nonu/Smith.

SA management ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since NZ are so strong in the final 30, it might give a hint to teams that the need to blow them away in the first half. NZ have proven in last two matches and before that they aren't the best in the first half.

I've left to get breakfast. Seriously considering whether I'm going to watch All Blacks games in future. This dominance is just boring to a neutral.

Are you happy, New Zealand?! You have literally ruined rugby!

Let's not exaggerate. They've earned their dominance.

However the current imbalance in test rugby now will open up the way for a Clubs World cup which is now being talked of (reports in L'Equipe and The Times). It would also better reflect the strength of the club game in France and England.

Last edited:
Its true we have started sluggishly in the last two tests and I'm not happy about that.
It can be a sign of complacency

It can also be a sign that new connections are not fusing coherently yet.

- - - Updated - - -

However the current imbalance in test rugby now will open up the way for a Clubs World cup which is now being talked of. It would also better reflect the strength of the club game in France and England.

Clubs shmubs

Strip out your foreign players and then lets see what you've got?

Strip out your foreign players and then lets see what you've got?

I'm not falling for another dick swinging comp. You can have it all by yourself.

The foreign players are part of the club scene in Europe like it or lump it.

Here are some very funny tweets

"All of us about to live tweet a murder"

"
Boks doing well , scores level 0-0 "

Poor old Brian Habana was left on two occasions with a one on one to stop a certain try and both times he was outmatched.
The first time by the BUS, Julian Savea, and then by the hulking Whitelock.
Habana is a champion player but it's a massive ask to expect a winer to stop those behemoths a metre or two out from the line .
That would have been a long old game for Habana.
The little halfback for the Boks looks like one of those trials you used to get to hang from the rear vision mirror. I felt sorry for the little guy.
He reminds me a little of Divan Serfontein.

I never said they haven't earned it - I don't want to suggest I am anything but in absolute awe of the All Blacks. They are the absolute pinnacle of their sport, and beyond that they are the best team in any sport that I have seen. They are also, unlike many champion teams, not at all unlikeable.

I don't intend any disrespect, or bitterness - just making the point that, after about five years of them being too good for anyone, it is getting boring as a spectacle for me.

Latest posts