• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v South Africa (17/09/2016)

Hasn't been a great game. Been slightly frustrated/bemused by some of the refereeing at certain points. Boks have definitely stepped up from last week, and the players who got hooked by Hansen early last week (primarily Coles and Smith) have played well.

Morne Steyn needs to come on for Jantjies.

Here we go. Second half under way.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF Jantjies LOL!

What a joke....

That was a maul the bok boy in the first half held up for much longer but no maul called? Methinks the ref wants to be the star of the show

And that's what happens when Faf kicks. I hope they haven't made a tactical adjustment at the half. Whitely has been outstanding in the last two games. NZ still seem sluggish like they were against Argentina for the first 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Only really seen Gardner this year and don't like him at all.

NZ make 70 yards and a try off an aimless Jantjies kick that he wasn't doing in the first half. This is on AC to me. He has made the halfbacks revert to the same early phase kicking tactics that failed them in recent games. Maddening!

Whitely is playing captain atm, I think that confirms him as our next captain.

Dunno? NZ commentators are saying interference by Matt Todd?

There was but it was minor. Within the laws of the game it was probably illegal, but Smith ran a wide enough line that I don't really think Beast would've been able to get to him even without Todd's obstruction. A fair try I think.

I don't understand why Argentina last week and Boks this week change their tactics that worked well in the first half. Trying to be too clever and outthinking themselves possibly. SA will get ripped here if they keep kicking it infield.

Latest posts