• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 World Rugby U20 Championship

I didn't watch it that closely, but I'll take your word for it. That's what I meant by "before", though, because I know you said he was **** in that game.
Fair enough - there were a few on here saying that Walker hasn't played half as well as his reputation would suggest.
Also, on the Aus game, there's a very real chance he was playing with an unnoticed concussion, and that could have impacted. I didn't know what the injury he had that has made him miss the final two games, but they mentioned earlier that it was concussion. He was taken off at half time in the Aus game which suggests that was when it was first noticed, and if it was bad enough that he'd miss (at least) two weeks then I imagine it was impacting him while he was playing.
After being tackled our guys always trap the ball between their chest and the ground and place it with a second movement to win half a second, most players do it occasionally but Connacht and this 20's side do it everytime. I only know the tactic because we were taught it by some of the Connacht guys playing uni rugby this year!

Aha! Makes sense, thanks

After being tackled our guys always trap the ball between their chest and the ground and place it with a second movement to win half a second, most players do it occasionally but Connacht and this 20's side do it everytime. I only know the tactic because we were taught it by some of the Connacht guys playing uni rugby this year!

Had a few coaching sessions with professional players when I was at school over the years... the level of cynicism is extraordinary at the elite level.

I think a lot of people who have never been exposed to it in that way would be shocked.

Had a few coaching sessions with professional players when I was at school over the years... the level of cynicism is extraordinary at the elite level.

I think a lot of people who have never been exposed to it in that way would be shocked.
It is crazy. I think it's similar with a lot of sports though, in both rugby and Gaelic Football whenever I've had a session with a pro or county player they only seem to teach things that are illegal but will go unnoticed, it can really get under the skin of the opposition too!

Really strange play from Ireland,
They can see we're competing at every ruck yet they don't send runners in with any support phase after phase. A penalty, or turnover, was inevitable.

Really strange play from Ireland,
They can see we're competing at every ruck yet they don't send runners in with any support phase after phase. A penalty, or turnover, was inevitable.

TBF was similar to the SA game for us, this years forwards seems to be excellent at the breakdown.

That's not going to help make a challenge of the match.

Great try

Marchant has played really well this year.

Decision making and execution in both attack and defence is top drawer - very similar to JJ.

Utterly stupid by Ireland 9. No idea why the commentators are feeling sorry for him; you just don't do that, at any level of the game.

As a SH yeah, you go straight away and try to run into someone; as that person, you get the hell away from there.

In fairness best team won tournament. Scarily though English rugby is rapidly getting better from grass roots up and being very effective. Despite the increase in salary caps etc they are still producing talent. All the clubs that is

Well done the kids!! English rugby has had worse days.

Loved the way Mallinder was firing out flat fast passes for his runners. He made a complete horlicks of a kick in the first minute, but otherwise much of his tactical kicking was top drawer and he wasn't too shabby from the tee either. He's a physical unit who is comfortable with ball in hand and he can shift. To me he looks a natural 12 and given our problems there Eddie must be starting to get tempted to fast track him into the EPS for experience if nothing else. As with anyone his age there are rough edges as we've already seen in the AP. But starting to invest in him soon could pay long term dividends.

Official Team of the U20 World Championship:
1. Andrew Porter (Ireland)
2. Adam McBurney (Ireland)
3. Lasha Tabidze (Georgia)
4. Franco Molina (Argentina)
5. James Ryan (Ireland)
6. George Nott (England)
7. Will Evans (England - Tigs will be happy)
8. Max Deegan (Ireland)
9. Hugh Fraser (Scotland)
10. Harry Mallinder (England)
11. Edwill Van Der Merwe (South Africa)
12. Jordie Barrett (New Zealand)
13. Joe Marchant (England)
14. Ataata Moeakiola (Japan)
15. Curwin Bosch (South Africa)

4 Irish
1 Georgian
1 Argentinian
4 English
1 Scottish
1 New Zealander
2 South Africans
1 Japanese

I can't see how not one of the England front three makes the team. Amazing scrum. Just a step up on any other team in the competition. Well done England.

Was looking for that 7 in the team because he seriously impressed me in the final! Can't help but think WR are trying to share out the positions because the dominant side in the tournament should definitely have more.

Latest posts