• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 World Rugby U20 Championship

Was looking for that 7 in the team because he seriously impressed me in the final! Can't help but think WR are trying to share out the positions because the dominant side in the tournament should definitely have more.

Aye Evans is the big one at Leicester academy ATM, the second youngest player to have played in our pack at senior level and only the 3rd teenager to get his senior debut at AP in the pack (the other 2 where Croft and Moody).

He is a very good ball carrier and has a very good offload as well, i hope he doesn't fall into the Kvesic trap with England. But i feel at Leicester he will need to have a physical game so shouldn't be a problem. Would be nice to have two capable 7 in Underhill and Evans coming up. (Underhill def in the lead but i do feel he can catch up).

Yes i might seem biased here but he has so much potential IMO.

Interesting topic on last night. And I'd ask Leinster lads more but why in Ireland are we very slow blooding youngsters in I wonder. Like Bill Johnston before injury was every bit as good as Mallinder in this tournament before he got injured. Yet hasn't got near Munster team yet. Now I see him in training most weeks but my point is why are we slow blooding guys in. I think Leinster schools is a phenomenal cup with superb raw talent. But we do have this mentality in Ireland that they too young at time's.

A good final, some decent players coming through. I liked the England 13 and the 10 was Ok (Mallinder), not sure if it's because he's quite tall, but he looks really slow when he runs?! I'm guessing he's probably quicker than he looks though. Are both those guys playing premiership rugby?

A good final, some decent players coming through. I liked the England 13 and the 10 was Ok (Mallinder), not sure if it's because he's quite tall, but he looks really slow when he runs?! I'm guessing he's probably quicker than he looks though. Are both those guys playing premiership rugby?
Mallinder is more a centre in my eyes. Has played for Northampton this year. Marchant was there 13. I don't know if he played for Quins but he's been around the 20s a while now. Has he a brother I seen before playing 7?

Mallinder has a fair amount of speed, has played 15 for Saints this season.

I think his acceleration isn't great, but he's got a fair amount of pace once he gets going - he beat Gareth Davies in a footrace last season so he's not a slowpoke by any means. Personally, I think he's best cut out for centre, he has plenty to work on in defence, mind.

So, who do you think has a chance of making it into their country´s squads for the next World Cup? I haven´t seen much of England, but from what I have seen this victory was more about having a good team, and good coaching, than great individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watching the final now, and obviously Marchant is going to be a very good player. The amount of talent England has at outside centre is ridiculous - Joseph, Daly, Tompkins, Marchant, and the fastest of the lot, Ibitoye with the u18s! And then there´s that guy that won the school cup scoring ridiculous length of the field tries. It beats the old days when our options there were old Tindall or Jamie Noon.

- - - Updated - - -

Malins at FB looks good too.

Last edited:
Mallinder ATM as he is prob a starter for his club now.

The others would be aiming for 2023 IMO.
Williams
Marchant
Evans
Nott
Boyce
Stuart
Walker (maybe)
TBC is another
Could have a shot but are prob aiming for 2023 realistically, unless become regular club starters within the next two seasons.

Yeah, those are pretty much the ones that have impressed me, but I don´t see many (or perhaps any) of them getting in the team for 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Evans looks pretty physical at this level, but then so did Kvesic.

From the brief bit I saw I quite liked the look of TH Billy Walker. Saracens isn't a bad learning ground for a front five player at the moment.

Jack Walker's progress will be interesting to watch at Barf.

Yeah, those are pretty much the ones that have impressed me, but I don´t see many (or perhaps any) of them getting in the team for 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Evans looks pretty physical at this level, but then so did Kvesic.

He's been physical in senior rugby aswell.

Ive only seen him once or twice in the Premiership, but I noticed his jackaling more than I noticed his physicality, but then he is only 19.

Latest posts