• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: France vs Scotland (12/02/2017)

I agree in terms of the defence, but a team can only defend for so long. It's bloody hard work to constantly tackle and defend, both physically and mentally. Scotland cannot look to defend for the majority of the game and hope to catch France out. That would be a suicidal way of playing against this French team. I believe that Scotland's best chance is to keep possession, move the ball and run this French team around the park. Easier said than done I'm sure.

I am a little concerned over the scrums today and we have to cut down on the penalties and giving scrums away. France could murder us on that front today. The best way to defend against that is to try and not give too many away. Again, easier said than done.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this game. It's going to be a war but I think France will win.

They looked the best I've seen them in a good few years last week. See how they can follow it up, same goes for Scotland.

Although I could be totally wrong.

My 10 year old nephew wanted a junior sized one. Where did you get yours?

You condone the cheat do you ?
Also making stupid comments designed to wind me up won't work on this occasion, you are a wind up merchant without originality, I wish the best to Scotland today with the exception of Hogg

Also making stupid comments designed to wind me up won't work on this occasion, you are a wind up merchant without originality, I wish the best to Scotland today with the exception of Hogg

Hogg did a stupid thing, held his hands up and apologised afterwards. Bitter trolls like you won't let it go though even though it happened ages ago.

You could have been done with Hogg's boot yesterday instead of JD's towards the end. Maybe then Wales would have held on.

Got my French shirt on ready to shout for anybody who plays against that low life cheat Hogg

Seriously how do manage to compartmentalise your thoughts like that? You started the wind up no?

Supporting France because its best for Ireland, wouldn't begrudge the Scots an historic win though, if they want three wins I think this needs to be one of them!

Seriously how do manage to compartmentalise your thoughts like that? You started the wind up no?

THIS.

It's the same pattern repeating itself; Valley Commando posts something that alienates and aggravates a subsection of the forum, other posters respond in anger, Valley Commando plays the victim and claims he is the one on the receiving end of absurd comments.

Seriously, can we create a new thread just for Valley Commando to argue with himself? I miss the days when the Welsh posters on here had an alright reputation.

Supporting France because its best for Ireland, wouldn't begrudge the Scots an historic win though, if they want three wins I think this needs to be one of them!

I think today's game will be a bit tougher than Wales at Murrayfield given the vast number of units charging at us. Wales seem to be a different animal in Cardiff and I'm glad we don't have to go there this year.

I think today's game will be a bit tougher than Wales at Murrayfield given the vast number of units charging at us. Wales seem to be a different animal in Cardiff and I'm glad we don't have to go there this year.

Had it in my head you were in Cardiff for that, you're right so!

Sames. Gotta root for France, but once we're mathematically knocked out, I'll back the Scots. Would be nice to see someone upset the apple cart in this competition for once.

Sames. Gotta root for France, but once we're mathematically knocked out, I'll back the Scots. Would be nice to see someone upset the apple cart in this competition for once.

Ireland winning the 6 nations in 2014 and 2015 was an upset :cool:

If you wanna see upset, you should have seen the faces on those poor English fans when we ruined their Grand Slam in 2011. History is set to repeat itself.

Better than getting your grandslam, which from the way the fans were talking you only had to turn up to win, derailed in the first round...and against Scotland!

France really advertising the fact that they want the World Cup in 2023.

Better than getting your grandslam, which from the way the fans were talking you only had to turn up to win, derailed in the first round...and against Scotland!
Did these fans you saw work for the same company that printed those English Grand Slam t shirts?
Based on the first 3 minutes this could be game of the weekend.

Ok Scottish fans, does Laidlaw's kicking and leadership outweigh how slow he is at the rucks, because he cost them a try before half time last week against Ireland with his speed and that knock on there was again because he was so slow and allowed France to reset?

Latest posts