• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Is KeiRON Reid past it?
He's been quietly going about his work lately but no real outstanding games. Dan Carter and Ritchie McCaw was in a similar boat but then their experience came through come RWC 2015 time. I like to think Reid will follow suit.

Serious questions for Hansen. Is he that stupid or did he throw that game. Something was amiss. I'm not sure what but that was the worst all black performance since Chicago.

We did nothing from the set piece. Not one move. We only got forward momentum on 3 occasions but the backs still did nothing. Every timeit went out to the backs it simply went through the hands. Simple under 10s stuff.

Bearden found wanting for game management and Reid not decisive enough.

Ardie had a great game, retallick and Goodhue very active. Everyone else was half asleep. I have never seen Ben Smith so hesitant before. Except for last week, but I blamed the rain for that.

Something weird with this performance and I don't like the idea of Hansen throwing games. Richie McCaw never would have stood for it.

Serious questions for Hansen. Is he that stupid or did he throw that game. Something was amiss. I'm not sure what but that was the worst all black performance since Chicago.

We did nothing from the set piece. Not one move. We only got forward momentum on 3 occasions but the backs still did nothing. Every timeit went out to the backs it simply went through the hands. Simple under 10s stuff.

Ardie had a great game, retallick and Goodhue very active. Everyone else was half asleep. I have never seen Ben Smith so hesitant before. Except for last week, but I blamed the rain for that.

Something weird with this performance and I don't like the idea of Hansen throwing games. Richie McCaw never would have stood for it.

This current ABs team is obviously very good, but nothing compared to the 2015. When you look at the teams from that era, most of the players were easily the best in the world and a fair few of them had a decent claim to being the best of all time in their position. The current team doesn't have that. The Lions tour gave the NH players a lot of confidence and I think the belief to a certain extent that they could go up against the best and look at themselves as equals. Obviously the NZ-Ireland games in 2016 contributed to that. Either way the current Ireland team aren't scared of the ABs in a way the O'Driscoll/O'Gara team clearly was. For years whenever we'd get into a decent position against them we'd retreat into our shells and hand them the initiative and then watch as the inevitable late scores came.

Not sure I buy the 'Ireland are the best team in the world' narrative but this is fairly f***ing awesome however you look at it. Roll on the Six Nations!

Is it really so inexplicable that the No2 team in the world can beat the No1 team in the world, especially whilst playing at home. Instead we have the idea that the ABs threw the game. Jesus wept!

Realistically NZ could have lost their previous two games as well they were that close... and today's result a case of used up all their luck perhaps....what's also interesting is Hansen said he would decide his post 2019 RWC future as coach after this tour...i wonder if this kick in the pants will have helped him make up his mind ...he will want to finish with a flourish...and who would replace him ? Schmidt, Rennie , Robertson , ??

Realistically NZ could have lost their previous...their luck...
Just do us all a favour and stop pretending you are a kiwi. The proof is in your post above. The only time you posted on a NZ game and its when we lose. You never post about how we win.

So stop lying, know your role, and wipe my ass and flush my toilet.

... so now you've been taken down a peg or two LMAO from your former blowhard self sending loser memes....it's them that are the ABs / they're the All Blacks, not you pin prick - the only people worthy of calling themselves All Blacks are the ones wearing the jersey...so lose the handle/ moniker you twat...

Secondly a loss before the 2019 RWC is the best thing that could of ever happened to NZ...going into the RWC as underdogs is a much better position to be in..

... so now you've been taken down a peg or two LMAO from your former blowhard self sending loser memes....it's them that are the ABs / they're the All Blacks, not you pin prick - the only people worthy of calling themselves All Blacks are the ones wearing the jersey...so lose the handle/ moniker you twat...

Secondly a loss before the 2019 RWC is the best thing that could of ever happened to NZ...going into the RWC as underdogs is a much better position to be in..

You can't think the ABs are the underdogs going into the RWC.

ps; Yes, I know Hansen said that.

Last edited:
...is'nt going into the RWC as underdogs a much better position to be in though..?...which is what i just said...

Yeah so Ireland, South Africa, England truly think of us underdogs right? Genius. You really really think that? Like really? Just genius thinking.

Know your role!

...is'nt going into the RWC as underdogs a much better position to be in though..?...which is what i just said...

Yeah, it is, but they surely can't be seen as the UD's just yet.

Yeah so Ireland, South Africa, England truly think of us underdogs right? Genius. You really really think that? Like really? Just genius thinking.

....Who cares what other countries think... i'm talking about the psychology of the underdog.....it's not just a physical game it's also mental one and there's less pressure and expectation on the underdog which could work in NZ's favour.

Yeah, it is, but they surely can't be seen as the UD's just yet.
You ask the Irish team, you ask the South African players, you ask Eddie Jones if they think the All Blacks (forgot the world ranking ahem) are the underdogs. You dont ask a liar. You ask those guys and they'll probably look at you like if you know anything about rugby in the last century.

....Who cares what other countries think... i'm talking about the psychology of the underdog.....it's not just a physical game it's also mental one and there's less pressure and expectation on the underdog which could work in NZ's favour.
Heres a question - 'underdogs' is a label that we give ourselves or do other countries do that? You just said in your post above 'Who cares what other countries think'.

Those countries teams will never look at us like underdogs. They will lift beyond themselves and play their absolute best best best. They will think about us the whole week and morning. They simply will not look at us like underdogs. I wish they did. I wish they went out on the night before and played us hungover like we were some easybeats, like we were some??? underdogs. They wont think of us like that.

You ask the Irish team, you ask the South African players, you ask Eddie Jones if they think the All Blacks (forgot the world ranking ahem) are the underdogs. You dont ask a liar. You ask those guys and they'll probably look at you like if you know anything about rugby in the last century.
...well sounds like someones fragile little ego needs a massage...can someone please reassure our desperately insecure little snowflake friend that the All Blacks are still the best team in the universe...despite them just getting their butts kicked.

...well sounds like someones fragile little ego needs a massage...can someone please reassure our desperately insecure little snowflake friend that the All Blacks are still the best team in the universe...despite them just getting their butts kicked.
Lol as soon as I showed your underdog theory for the stupid 'not know anything about rugby' talk that it is, you ditch the theory and talk about something else.

So I buried your theory. Now, know your role LOL!

Haha too easy.

...Secondly a loss before the 2019 RWC is the best thing that could of ever happened to NZ...going into the RWC as underdogs is a much better position to be in..
So here you say were underdogs lol. As if...
Oh but hold on, just a few minutes later you say were the best in the universe...
...can someone please reassure our desperately insecure little snowflake friend that the All Blacks are still the best team in the universe...
Knockout blow ;) youre just all over the place Carly.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Bugger, felt we were the better team, I'd back us to win in Japan vs them though.

You were dominated bro. Not a minute of that match did ye have the upper hand.

Thought the booing crowd was classless as well as the Irish commentary.
Presumably the British broadcaster... But who cares, Ireland outclassed your lads, left points out there too ******* up lineouts!
Their defence was great, expected since they're at home and never beaten the All Blacks there before and this is their best team ever and likely one of our worst in over a decade.
BUT Ireland's best team ever is better than a NZ team... That's your point right? Cuz you'd have been called mad saying that three years ago!

Can't wait to thrash you green pricks next time.
Sure next time this fixture is played in Dublin we'll still be drunk off the RWC win...

Pic of Steeler's post colourised 2018.

1842.jpg[/QUOTE]

Latest posts