• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Lads let's not forget

Lancaster , Farrell , Joe can go to other teams but they won't have these Irish players to implement there plans .

Players deserve massive credit
Yes but well Schmidt has moulded these players. He has restructured lads and rewired them. Literally

Marmion played well in open play but his kicks are nowhere compared to Murrays. Every one of his box kicks was out of reach for our chasers. Impressive that we won despite this because normally piling pressure on from kicks is a big part of our game.

All the stuff about the NZ'ers keeping their powder dry is wishing thinking. They'll be worthy favs come the World Cup but they've a few average players and are very beatable. Their biggest weapon is the psychological dominance they've built up. It was enough to account for England last week for example. I'm glad we're chipping away at it though. We should adopt a swagger the next time we play them.

We should adopt a swagger the next time we play them.[/QUOTE]

id say joe would tear his players a new arse if they got cocky against any team.

Him being at the back was never broke so I dont see how there was anything to be fixed.

He was moved to keep DMac and Bb on the field. As I've said a few times, disagree with it. Need someone like Bridge on the wing, Bender or BB at the back and Mo'unga starting 10. DMac can cover 15 and 10 from the bench. In the mid we lacked the go forward SBW gives us, although that solution does create other issues. I dont have a answer for our mid field. They got enough ball this game they should have turned it into points.

Yea, Ireland were better for more periods. Feel like if we had 5 more minutes we might have got there. It felt like a change of momentum when DMac came off and Mo'unga came on. Seems like defences have figured out how to contain BB to a degree.

Nice respect from the crowd during kicks, which was a change from Twickenham. No problem with them showing passion, although never a fan of booing, from any crowd. Commentators were to be as expected though. Even when Aki commits a blatant cynical penalty they take a dig and say it was a New Zealand style penalty. Sure, New Zealand commit those too, but clearly so do other teams. Talking **** constantly gets old.

Love watching a tough game and hurts to lose, but Ireland deserved that on the night. You could see how much getting only their second win ever and first ever at home meant to them.
Gee mate, NZ crowds are some of the worst when it comes to 'respect'. Don't recall the Twickenham crowd being disrespectful to the kickers at all. Mind you standard fair really, delflect and defer. No doubt a stomach bug or some such will be revealed in due course.

They weren't the better team man, you gotta accept that. Even I do.

The commentary was borderline as bad as Australian commentary.
Really? I thought Ireland pretty much controlled the entire game. I know the all blacks can pull out things out of thin air, but i haven't see the ABs so powerless in a long, long time.

Or maybe, because you lost and you're a sore loser. Maybe.

Not at all. You'd know that if you could read.

More games would have been if you got a good ref like wayne barnes :)

#goodrefbringingrugbycompetitionbacklol

Barnes remains a moron. He will never out live that 2007 RWC, how he is still a ref in the main game is a mystery.

One thing I'm very happy about the RWC will legitimately be fought between 4 sides. SA, Eng, NZ & IRE all have a legitimate cause and unlike 2007 it's not a cripple fight.
Think Wales could knock both England and SA out of a world cup on their day, so I'd make that 5 on 'current form'...

Yes, but, big point here:

Irish players still live in Ireland. You can't call that a win. You just can't.
I think stats show NZ were out played a bit. From min 40 to Min 79 they had no presence in Irish 22. And only 3 points in 2nd half

He was moved to keep DMac and Bb on the field. As I've said a few times, disagree with it. Need someone like Bridge on the wing, Bender or BB at the back and Mo'unga starting 10. DMac can cover 15 and 10 from the bench. In the mid we lacked the go forward SBW gives us, although that solution does create other issues. I dont have a answer for our mid field. They got enough ball this game they should have turned it into points.

been saying this for ages, we're way better with a proper 14 on the park and Bender at 15. NMS was a big part of a RWC victory, he was great on the wing. I think Bridge could provide us with the same impact, has to be done I reckon and Ben back to 15.

Latest posts