• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Gee mate, NZ crowds are some of the worst when it comes to 'respect'. Don't recall the Twickenham crowd being disrespectful to the kickers at all. Mind you standard fair really, delflect and defer. No doubt a stomach bug or some such will be revealed in due course.

Twickers crowd made a fair bit of noise for the kicks, rewatch it if you like. I don't like NZ sides booing either, thought that was clear with what I said. And no deflection or excuses either, I'm not sure where you're reading that, I clearly said Ireland deserved the win. Struggling to see any excuses from any Kiwi poster actually, but keep trying to pick a fight if you like.

Marmion played well in open play but his kicks are nowhere compared to Murrays. Every one of his box kicks was out of reach for our chasers. Impressive that we won despite this because normally piling pressure on from kicks is a big part of our game.

All the stuff about the NZ'ers keeping their powder dry is wishing thinking. They'll be worthy favs come the World Cup but they've a few average players and are very beatable. Their biggest weapon is the psychological dominance they've built up. It was enough to account for England last week for example. I'm glad we're chipping away at it though. We should adopt a swagger the next time we play them.
Perhaps if England could have had Barnes ref the game, they would have won. ;)
Genuinely don't think England or obviously Ireland are psychologically worried by the ABs though.

We should adopt a swagger the next time we play them.

id say joe would tear his players a new arse if they got cocky against any team.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean arrogance per se. Just an expectation that you're going to win and the opposition will be powerless to stop you. Its always been worth points to the NZ'ers. In subtle ways teams always waive the white flag against them.

What England had in 2003 is what i'm talking about. Nothing was going to stop them and they knew it.

Barnes was brilliant today. Fair and very vocal communication.
If you are blaming him younare really clutching straws

Don't think anyone is blaming him. There seem to be a few Irish posters on here trying to create drama and discussion but don't see a lot of excuses or deflection about the result so not sure what your problem actually is.

id say joe would tear his players a new arse if they got cocky against any team.

I don't mean arrogance per se. Just an expectation that you're going to win and the opposition will be powerless to stop you. Its always been worth points to the NZ'ers. In subtle ways teams always waive the white flag against them.

What England had in 2003 is what i'm talking about. Nothing was going to stop them and they knew it.[/QUOTE]
id say joe would tear his players a new arse if they got cocky against any team.

What England had in 2003 is what i'm talking about. Nothing was going to stop them and they knew it.[/QUOTE]
What you're trying to say is the big bullseye we have on us now. The 6 Nations will be a very hard physical competitive tournament and England up 1st will be perfect to set the focus

Don't think anyone is blaming him. There seem to be a few Irish posters on here trying to create drama and discussion but don't see a lot of excuses or deflection about the result so not sure what your problem actually is.
I have no problem and just said Barnes was good

Think Wales could knock both England and SA out of a world cup on their day, so I'd make that 5 on 'current form'...
I'd say Wales could provide an upset I don't think they have it in them to go all the way.

Let's be real.
Ireland picks a English player for their AI and they win v New Zeland at home for the first time.

Coincidence I think not.
Who's the Englishman?
Marmion has been exiles all the way up along so surely you don't mean him

I wasnt creating a drama, just saying when you get a good ref, its a fair contest, which ireland won convincingly

What England had in 2003 is what i'm talking about. Nothing was going to stop them and they knew it.
England wasn't that scary to us back then. They were good and played a great RWC but after they won the RWC in 2003, they would lose to us for almost a decade.

Besides Englands England. Ireland is Ireland. You guys are the big brother now.

Twickers crowd made a fair bit of noise for the kicks, rewatch it if you like. I don't like NZ sides booing either, thought that was clear with what I said. And no deflection or excuses either, I'm not sure where you're reading that, I clearly said Ireland deserved the win. Struggling to see any excuses from any Kiwi poster actually, but keep trying to pick a fight if you like.
So you're not claiming Bean then? Don't blame you tbf.

Perhaps if England could have had Barnes ref the game, they would have won. ;)
Genuinely don't think England or obviously Ireland are psychologically worried by the ABs though.

But England stopped playing rugby when the NZ'ers got on the front foot. They kicked the ball away numerous times and just looked to make tackles to win the game. Only when they went behind did they start to string phases together again and they still looked threatening. Thats what i'm talking about. If they were steadfast in their resolve to take the game to NZ they would have won imo. Hoping to win and expecting to win were the mindsets of the respective teams and NZ generally have that advantage in games. Its why they win so often at the death. Teams hand them the initiative.

Latest posts