• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Wales vs Australia (10/11/18)

Just imagine James Hook/Henson/Gibbs in their prime at 12 now.

Australia and any defence seem to know Parkes isnt going through them, isnt ghosting past them, isnt drawing a man or arcing a run into space. We have on of the best 13s in the world on his shoulder and he does nothing to give him the half yard he needs.

Halaholo needs to qualify and soon is Gats doesnt rate Watkins.

Hill offered more than Beard since coming on
Jenkins looks lively
Tomos has the backline moving

Dont agree. That was a yellow at the very least under the laws but agree with why the ref didnt give it weirdly.

Shoulder to head and late. Ref probs should have gone to TMO but lets enjoy a ref allowing a game to flow.

What an awful, AWFUL game of rugby.

If this is a forerunner of what we are going to see at the next year's RWC, then I might not be bothering to subscribe to Spark for it.

That was pretty shite game. Wales will be pleased with the win and ending their hoodoo, but bear in mind this is a shockingly bad Wallabies side. Any talk of either team being contenders next year are laughable at this point.

Terrible game in terms of running rugby, but incredibly important to get that win for Wales in this season. Wales can build from here. Epic battle at the breakdown from both sides. Got a lot to work on for the SA game.

Biggar delivers. As predicted :p

Really worrying for both sides. Wallabies usually play average for 70mins and have a 5-10 minute spell where they are clinical in the opponents half and run up some points. Here, at no point ever did they look like breaching a well drilled defence. There are a lot of well drilled defences in international rugby.

Wales seem to be regressing back into their shell. Creatively bereft and unambitious - a million miles from the Scarlets once more. I'm not sure what top 5 side Wales think they can beat playing conservative and tight. It's loose or lose for Wales at the RWC in my opinion. Hopefully they were obsessed by the losing streak and will go back to being a bit more inspiring next week.

Biggar delivers. As predicted :p

Really worrying for both sides. Wallabies usually play average for 70mins and have a 5-10 minute spell where they are clinical in the opponents half and run up some points. Here, at no point ever did they look like breaching a well drilled defence. There are a lot of well drilled defences in international rugby.

Wales seem to be regressing back into their shell. Creatively bereft and unambitious - a million miles from the Scarlets once more. I'm not sure what top 5 side Wales think they can beat playing conservative and tight. It's loose or lose for Wales at the RWC in my opinion. Hopefully they were obsessed by the losing streak and will go back to being a bit more inspiring next week.

I agree and dont like bagging on players, especially those that have done no wrong but Parkes doesnt deserve a squad place on current form let alone a team spot. He makes Biggar look free flowing, quick and energetic. Im not sure Watkin is the solution BUT play him ffs at try!

How are the Aussies so awful atm? Look at their riches! Pocock is insane! Hooper would make most teams. They have a quality 9! Foley is a decent 10! Beale is special! DHP is explosive and Folau is a once in a generation player! Im fustrated as a Welshman at our issue but spare a thought of the aussies!

Yes we were awful today... BUT IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER! For one reason or another Australia were a psychological stumbling block and we've stumbled it without losing (finally)... job done and (finally) move on!

I think it's important to remember that Anscombe, Parkes and JD2 are a very new grouping, and they don't have a lot of chemistry yet. Anscombe is also having to settle into a 10 spot that has been played a very certain way under Gatland. I think he's doing a good job, but under the pressure of the Aus defence today I think the whole back line was stifled and it was hard to get them into the game.

It's a good win, they obviously need to work on the attacking strategy for the SA game.

This is all a bit tasty isn't it? I assume Hodge is injured for Oz? With him on the wing and Folau at fullback I'd have picked the Wallabies. As it is:

Wales by 2
(D-Big to win it at the death and be universally acclaimed on the forum)

Close enough, have a beer!

I would struggle to be a fan of either of these teams. Well done to those who can, you're more dedicated than I could ever be.

Shocking game, very little to excite anyone. However it's a win, and after the last 10 years, that was all that mattered!

Beard and Adams didn't let anyone down, which hopefully shows we're still building our depth leading into the WC. Tips was immense yet again, the guy can do absolutely everything on a rugby pitch. He turned ball over, stole lineout ball, popped up on the wing, tackled everything; the guy is possibly the best rugby player we've ever produced!

We need to get our attacking game going v Tonga and SA though.

Latest posts