• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Six Nations] England Squad

Don't mind Boyce being in and around the camp, but way too raw to be considered for any match day squads.

Hepburn to understudy Mako for the first two. Marler to slot straight back in after that.

I still dont know what our best pack is.

1 mako 17 hepburn
2 hartley 16 george
3 sinkler 18 williams, no pen machine coles
4 itoje 19 launchbury (solid player and 5 Lawes leader if needed)
6 robshaw 20 underhill
7 simmonds
8 mercer

Can see mercer at 20 underhill at 7 and simmonds at 8.

Good mix of experience, youth and leaders but by no means near our strongest pack and bench.

Backs easy.

9 youngs 21 care
10 ford 22 slade
11 may 23 nowell (nowell thought of
12 farrell as a centre by jones?)
13 JJ but that would mean 2 lots
14 watson of 13 cover so god knows
15 brown

Solomona keeps sticking around the squad but cant see hhim really getting a shot unless a real lack of wingers

But cant see much different from the squad ive picked being used for Italy.

Is Williams better than Cole? He got battered by a poor Argentina side over the summer.

I'd probably have him over Cole just due to youth and not being as boneheaded at the ruck (we've already managed to lose Haskell so we're halfway there) but it's slim pickings at tighthead atm

Solomona shouldn't be in the EPS, his form recently has been poor.
With McGuigan our best winger, Yarde fit again and is reasonably form and Charnley finding some form I wouldn't even have him in the Sale 23 let alone England.

Reading an article with comments from jones in the guardian yesterday jones states Boyce has had a tough background life. Eddie has a chubby for players who have had a few struggles in life.

Reading an article with comments from jones in the guardian yesterday jones states Boyce has had a tough background life. Eddie has a chubby for players who have had a few struggles in life.
Unless those struggles include being shot at in Iraq or Afghanistan - poor Rocco

Any thoughts on the plan for a match or training sessions against Georgia mid-six nations? Has serious potential as a good plan if we are focusing on preparing for the world cup rather than a grand slam

Any thoughts on the plan for a match or training sessions against Georgia mid-six nations? Has serious potential as a good plan if we are focusing on preparing for the world cup rather than a grand slam

Oooo I like that a lot.

Mid six nations sounds a bit sketchy considering our injury list, and the intensity of the 6N - gonna be some bruised bodies going in against big Georgian forwards with a point to prove.
If it was before the 6N (or before the summer tour or AIs) I'd think it was a great idea though.

Isn't it just supposed to a forwards/set piece session?

Mostly scrums I believe. Tbh whilst not dominant, I don't feel our scrum is our main concern. We need to focus on the breakdown because we are just **** at that aspect of the game. You may have 5-10 scrums a game but far far more breakdowns.

Apparently EJ sees mallinder as the successor to Brown

Has he had a knock to the head?

Apparently EJ sees mallinder as the successor to Brown

Has he had a knock to the head?
Odd when you think that they're complete opposites. One's solid but dull and incredibly passionate/angry while the other's very flashy but unreliable and a wuss.

How's Mike Haley getting on?

Alex Goode remains the best English 15 for me.

Watson still unconvincing overall at 15.

The actual caps he has beg to differ.

He's fundamentally flawed at international level.

Goode is excellent at club level but has repeatedly shown he can't translate that to international level.

Haley is in good form atm but up until about 3 weeks ago has been in poor form recently.
Rightly out of contention but he's still very young and is pretty experienced for his age (23yrs old, Just had his 100th game for Sale and has 3 Saxons caps)

Watson's a very good FB. Bath are currently not in a particularly good position to take advantage of the players they have.

I'd expect his talent to be more effective when Bath get a new attack coach.

Latest posts