• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 Guinness Pro 14 Final Baby

Toner ruled out and possibly no SOB or Bob. SOB probably not a big loss at this stage. Sounds like it'll be a sell out, can't wait.

GW_CAT.jpg

Last edited:
We'll probably see something like
Kearney, Larmour, Ringrose, Henshaw, Lowe, Sexton, McGrath, Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Fardy, Ryan, Ruddock, Van Der Flier, Conan and then Byrne, Byrne, Porter, Molony, Deegan, McCarthy, Byrne, O'Loughlin.

Molony being on the bench isn't great because he hasn't played in ages but it's probably unavoidable with Dev out. Ruddock as lock cover is too much of a risk and Dunne probably isn't ready (despite looking really good in his games this season). Would prefer Deegan to SOB anyway even if he is fit. You could throw in McGrath or Tracy in instead of the Byrne twins but again don't think that would make sense. Only way potential change would be to drop Lowe and bring in Dave Kearney and JGP but no need for that.

Gosh I really hope Glasgow turn up. That Leinster team terrifies me though if it is close to the one LF put up. Glasgow team I'd like would be;
Hoggy
Toh-May See-More
Steyn
Sam Johnstone
DTH
Son of Gavin
Price
Matt F
Gibbons
Wilson
Cummings
Johnny Gray
Zander F
Brown
Bhatti

Fenian Leo Lennon has access to a very strong team anyway. Came through the last match fairly well injury wise Toner obviously aside. Glasgow looked class last week, but Ulster were a joke and I'd be shocked if their pack got a foothold against Leinster.
I'll be rooting for Leinster, but I think the press after the game will mostly be dominated by feverish attempts to discern the identity of the young man making a bold fashion statement in a southern Kings jersey in the stands.

Where else would they be showing a thiocfaidh ár Lánster game.. Is great news though. Been a good few major fixtures free to air on tv3 etc this year as well which is nice. TG4 are pretty serious about their Pro 14 coverage. Had every Connacht game this year I think.

Where else would they be showing a thiocfaidh ár Lánster game.. Is great news though. Been a good few major fixtures free to air on tv3 etc this year as well which is nice. TG4 are pretty serious about their Pro 14 coverage. Had every Connacht game this year I think.
It'd be nice if they could get commentators who actually knew stuff about rugby and didn't spend entire games w***ing off to Connacht as well though.

I'll give them that the amount that rugby fans who speak Irish probably aren't massively common but they could at least try not to be as biased as they are.

It'd be nice if they could get commentators who actually knew stuff about rugby and didn't spend entire games w***ing off to Connacht as well though.

I'll give them that the amount that rugby fans who speak Irish probably aren't massively common but they could at least try not to be as biased as they are.
To be fair at least they try keep the game shown unlike RTE

looking forward to this game as a neutral.
2 contrasting styles of play.
I hope for a few tries.
Best of luck to both.

More I think about this the more I think it should be a handy enough win.
I've been feeling all week like Leinster are just gonna walk all over them, but it seems like all the "pundits" are talking themselves into a hefty win for Glasgow ... I'm rooting for Glasgow, but I am utterly terrified of this Leinster pack!

I think we'll win but a lot of things are pointing to a Glasgow win here. This is their first proper test since Saracens though, they've been in great form since then but whether that'll translate to playing well against elite opposition remains to be seen.

Wouldn't be surprised if either team won comfortably to be honest.

I worry about a blowout win before a big match, a lot of times, teams come in flat, thinking, "This will be easy..." doubt Glasgow will necessarily fall into that trap mentally, but it's a worry.

A win for Glasgow would be huge for them, a step into uncharted territory fersherr. They won one of these things before but both Ster and Munster were in the pits and they capitalised on it. To beat a full strength Ster would be massive for them, a slightly better Ster team got 10 points out of them in the Heino pools last year don't forget, it's an uphill challenge for them. If they overcome it, fair play to them, competing in Europe has to be the next thing to check off the list.

It's a tough game to call. Glasgow will hope to run around Leinster, Leinster will hope to bludgeon the Rangers supporters Warriors.

My heart says Leinster, my head says Glasgow by 5.

Leinster will hope to bludgeon the Rangers supporters Warriors.
I heard the blowback about this comment this week, but as an American, it was incomprehensible - people would refer to "the incident," and talked about "inciting sectarian violence," but I haven't the foggiest what he meant or didn't... (many say it was just a bad joke?)

It was a throwaway comment said in jest with no malice meant. People who didn't hear the comment or see footage of how it was delivered jumped on the bandwagon and slated Leinster's coach.

Latest posts