• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 Guinness Pro 14 Final Baby

I heard the blowback about this comment this week, but as an American, it was incomprehensible - people would refer to "the incident," and talked about "inciting sectarian violence," but I haven't the foggiest what he meant or didn't... (many say it was just a bad joke?)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Firm

The rivalry is almost as important in parts of Ireland (mainly the North and Belfast in particular) as it is in Glasgow. The final is in Celtic's home stadium. It was nothing more than a joke, anyone complaining is more than a wee bit precious if you ask me!

Unfunny and tasteless joke, nothing more. Shouldn't have said it with hindsight but not the end of the world.

Definitely not 'inciting sectarian violence' or whatever some people who want to get outraged would say.

Back on game. Will Leinster have many fans there or will we be looking at mainly a Warriors crowd. Rumours were alot of Glasgow people had tickets regardless of who was in final

Back on game. Will Leinster have many fans there or will we be looking at mainly a Warriors crowd. Rumours were alot of Glasgow people had tickets regardless of who was in final
There'll be a decent number of Leinster fans there but after a bigger final for us two weeks ago you'd imagine a lot will opt out. Glasgow dominated stadium I'd expect.

2018/19 Pro 14 winner:

15. Rob Kearney
14. Jordan Larmour
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. James Lowe
10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
9. Luke McGrath

1. Cian Healy
2. Sean Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Scott Fardy
5. James Ryan
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan.

Replacements:

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Ed Byrne
18. Andrew Porter
19. Ross Molony
20. Max Deegan
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ross Byrne
23. Rory O'Loughlin

2018/19 Pro 14 runner up:

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Kyle Steyn
12. Sam Johnson
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Adam Hastings
9. Ali Price

1. Jamie Bhatti
2. Fraser Brown
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Scott Cummings
5. Jonny Gray
6. Rob Harley
7. Callum Gibbins (capt)
8. Matt Fagerson

Replacements:

16. Grant Stewart
17. Oli Kebble
18. Siua Halnukonuka
19. Ryan Wilson
20. Tom Gordon
21. George Horne
22. Pete Horne
23. Huw Jones

There'll be a decent number of Leinster fans there but after a bigger final for us two weeks ago you'd imagine a lot will opt out. Glasgow dominated stadium I'd expect.
To be fair Munster had trips to Murrayfield and Ricoh and still travelled. I'd expect Leinster with better options and better incomes to travel. And by better incomes I mean statistically income is better in Dublin

The hometown advantage will help Glasgow pull through with a win. :)

Last edited:
There was 16k at the Ricoh lad....
Yes 12k Munster. My point being that the short turn around shouldn't really be an excuse for Leinster and they should bring at least 10-12k for a final. Especially when out of Dublin (where most of fan base is near) there is much more options and it is much more cheaper than a European fixture to travel.

Yes 12k Munster. My point being that the short turn around shouldn't really be an excuse for Leinster and they should bring at least 10-12k for a final. Especially when out of Dublin (where most of fan base is near) there is much more options and it is much more cheaper than a European fixture to travel.
Sorry, we're all at the Spice Girls gig in Croke Park tonight so can't make it.

This is available in nz, excellent. I'll be watching. Supporting Dave rennie's coaching and the guy on the other team From rennie's old team, who suited rennies style better than anyone else. But i don't see how Glasgow can win, on paper.

This is available in nz, excellent. I'll be watching. Supporting Dave rennie's coaching and the guy on the other team From rennie's old team, who suited rennies style better than anyone else. But i don't see how Glasgow can win, on paper.
They're in great form (albeit without being tested against a top level team) and we've been very mixed of late. They absolutely can win even if it doesn't look like that on paper, especially up front. They have a great chance especially at home. If we show up we'll win but we'll need to put together our best 80 minutes in a while, we were on top for the first 30 against Saracens and bossed the second half against Munster but were fairly mediocre in the middle, if we can play our best for most of the game we should win with a not to spare. My biggest worry is that they'll score early and force us to open up and play the game that suits them, if we can keep it tight for the opening stages and wear then down we should win.

Like I said earlier despite the winners being difficult to call I wouldn't be at all surprised to see either team win comfortably.

I worry that the home advantage is a bit of a red herring at Celtic Park. It will not be the synthetic pitch at Scotstoun that I think plays to the strengths of Glasgow, it'll be a fairly so-so grass pitch that's been used several dozen times this season already. It is also due to rain so the pitch will really cut up, which I think again will be to Glasgow's detriment.

I worry that the home advantage is a bit of a red herring at Celtic Park. It will not be the synthetic pitch at Scotstoun that I think plays to the strengths of Glasgow, it'll be a fairly so-so grass pitch that's been used several dozen times this season already. It is also due to rain so the pitch will really cut up, which I think again will be to Glasgow's detriment.
It won't be as advantageous as it would be in Scotstoun but playing in your home city can only be a good thing. Didn't know about the forecast but if it's right that's good for Leinster as you say.

It won't be as advantageous as it would be in Scotstoun but playing in your home city can only be a good thing. Didn't know about the forecast but if it's right that's good for Leinster as you say.
There'll certainly be more folk to take part in the Warrior Nation's favourite chant; BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

=D

Latest posts