• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

Okay, genuine question: what do French fellas think of Edwards?
Obviously I'm not french - but I reckon it's a little harsh judging Edwards on the last two performances given his mam died before the wales games and was most likely unwell before that? Probably not been able to fulfil his role given the circumstances.

Great play from Hastings after he came on. Russell looked off the pace bar a couple of nice kicks.

On the Penaud try, I don't think Price could be given a yellow there. Agree it's ridiculous and that he should have been, but don't think laws allow for it.

Cherry's pick up was brilliant and generally very happy with how the pack went. We're consolidating our position of being in touching distance of most teams, which feels pretty great tbh

It's mad. If you had said to Townsend before the 6N that Scotland would beat England and France you'd be thinking a possible slam would be on the cards but you finish 4th. I hate to roll out the "fine margins" cliche but it really is. Congratulations Scotland.

Diolch Yr Alban.
Congrats on a great win Scotland. Odds were always against the French when I saw the weather in Paris . Can't expect a 21 point win and 4 tries in those conditions. Was a great game to end the tournament win and great drama at the end.

Obviously I'm not french - but I reckon it's a little harsh judging Edwards on the last two performances given his mam died before the wales games and was most likely unwell before that? Probably not been able to fulfil his role given the circumstances.

I don't think he was with the squad at all for the prep for the Wales match.

It's mad. If you had said to Townsend before the 6N that Scotland would beat England and France you'd be thinking a possible slam would be on the cards but you finish 4th. I hate to roll out the "fine margins" cliche but it really is. Congratulations Scotland.
Look at it this way Scotland lost the slam by 4 points, miniscule in the scheme of things really

Kudos Scotland. :) Impressive comeback!

Last edited:
Well done Scotland I enjoyed the Game on a note for France I did say they are not there yet. But I think come the WC if you want to win it you will have to beat France.

Well done Scotland, I knew you had it in you... and thanks I suppose. Thing is a championship without a slam is like sex without the orgasm.

1616830088912.gif

The only reason we lost to France , we wus completely spent not because of the French, but, because we used the same 15 for the whole 6N, subs came on in the latter part of each game, not enough, its been a long time since Wales fell away so badly in the last 20.

Look at it this way Scotland lost the slam by 4 points, miniscule in the scheme of things really
This is the amazing side of this tournament, 3 teams were less than 7 points away and less than 10 minutes away from the Grand slam

Yes, surprisingly the fact that the Scots scored this try and finally win this does not impact the standings. But congrats to them, they deserved this.
I am gutted :confused:
Still we are second just like in 2020 and it was difficult to imagine something else, but this game is quite disappointing, we have been mashed at the breakdown, even worse than last Saturday. Something to think about for Galthié and Edwards...

A definite weakness. I honestly think if you had a better back row balance you would of won the championship. Frances defeats have been as a result of been slow at the breakdown or giving ground to pick and go. A proper open side would of cut out a lot of needless penalties and slowed opposition go forward down
Having 6 foot 5 flankers helps your line out at a massive detriment of the breakdown.

Now it's all over, does that mean we can go back to nobody paying any attention to rugger until the next Rugby World Cup, or whatever glory glory international it takes to generate interest. Most English rugby fans wouldn't know where their local rugby team were unless the captain drop kicked them over the posts

A definite weakness. I honestly think if you had a better back row balance you would of won the championship. Frances defeats have been as a result of been slow at the breakdown or giving ground to pick and go. A proper open side would of cut out a lot of needless penalties and slowed opposition go forward down
Having 6 foot 5 flankers helps your line out at a massive detriment of the breakdown.
This is what we usually expect from Le Roux and Cros, both were sorely missed in the last two matches, since Cros (the French Watson) is injured and Le Roux just came back from a 2month injury yesterday, probably too soon, to be really match fit.
Fitness is also very important, because when we beat Ireland who are probably the best pick & go team in the NH, the Irish would not make any ground, compared to the Scots yesterday.

Last edited:
Now it's all over, does that mean we can go back to nobody paying any attention to rugger until the next Rugby World Cup, or whatever glory glory international it takes to generate interest. Most English rugby fans wouldn't know where their local rugby team were unless the captain drop kicked them over the posts
1616843868545.png

Yes, surprisingly the fact that the Scots scored this try and finally win this does not impact the standings. But congrats to them, they deserved this.
I am gutted :confused:
Still we are second just like in 2020 and it was difficult to imagine something else, but this game is quite disappointing, we have been mashed at the breakdown, even worse than last Saturday. Something to think about for Galthié and Edwards...
The French don't seem to contest the breakdown, they realign there defensive line ready for the next attack, which is an Edwards tactic, looking at your backrow who I deem good enough to spoil the party for most teams, I myself have wondered why?

The French don't seem to contest the breakdown, they realign there defensive line ready for the next attack, which is an Edwards tactic, looking at your backrow who I deem good enough to spoil the party for most teams, I myself have wondered why?
This is the exact same team that very successfully contained the Irish in Dublin, and many would agree the Irish are a great Pick&Go / one pass rugby team, they could play for hours without losing the ball and we contained them very well then. So fitness / Covid probably part of the equation as well. If you never make any ground in the tackle, there is no defensive tactic that will save you.

Well done Scotland. Huge props for going to Paris and winning.

Latest posts