• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

This is the exact same team that very successfully contained the Irish in Dublin, and many would agree the Irish are a great Pick&Go / one pass rugby team, they could play for hours without losing the ball and we contained them very well then. So fitness / Covid probably part of the equation as well. If you never make any ground in the tackle, there is no defensive tactic that will save you.
In fairness i thought your fitness very good, covid no, don't worry this French team will have it all by the WC, the problem we will all have next 6N is that we all know each other now, which will make it more difficult and any team are likely to win its close now for most teams.

Now it's all over, does that mean we can go back to nobody paying any attention to rugger until the next Rugby World Cup, or whatever glory glory international it takes to generate interest. Most English rugby fans wouldn't know where their local rugby team were unless the captain drop kicked them over the posts
That's an unfortunate reality of rugby union, especially in the sw valleys.

If admins gonna act like spoilt children that can't take a bit of banter then what's this for. Do we all have to conform in a manner that some admins see fit. Way worse things said on many threads and not removed absolutely diabolical behavior from a group of prejudice idiots . Enjoy your 5th place boys.

If admins gonna act like spoilt children that can't take a bit of banter then what's this for. Do we all have to conform in a manner that some admins see fit. Way worse things said on many threads and not removed absolutely diabolical behavior from a group of prejudice idiots . Enjoy your 5th place boys.
What did I miss?

I moved two posts to the relevant threads

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Now it's all over, does that mean we can go back to nobody paying any attention to rugger until the next Rugby World Cup, or whatever glory glory international it takes to generate interest. Most English rugby fans wouldn't know where their local rugby team were unless the captain drop kicked them over the posts
tenor.gif

A definite weakness. I honestly think if you had a better back row balance you would of won the championship. Frances defeats have been as a result of been slow at the breakdown or giving ground to pick and go. A proper open side would of cut out a lot of needless penalties and slowed opposition go forward down
Having 6 foot 5 flankers helps your line out at a massive detriment of the breakdown.
We were missing Francois Cros who is a better option at the breakdown than Dylan Cretin. He was coming back from injury going into the 6N. He was deemed a bit short for the first game. Yet Galthié didn't recall him afterwards. It was a mistake as François is a first-starter all day ahead of Dylan IMO. It's the one position Galthié didn't get right in his selection.

On the game. Dulin handed over the game to the Scots. He should have kicked straight into touch. Time was up. Brain fade. We deserve the win.

Obviously I'm not french - but I reckon it's a little harsh judging Edwards on the last two performances given his mam died before the wales games and was most likely unwell before that? Probably not been able to fulfil his role given the circumstances.
Yes, I understand he was not at all involved in the game against Wales and came back to France on Monday, so just three days before the game against Scotland, not much time to work on anything specific.
Still very much surprised at the tactic of not contesting the Scots in the lineouts, Gilchrist was just left alone, and considering the relative lack of other options in the Scottish pack, very hard to understand when you have Rebbadj and Ollivon who excel there and Jelonch and Aldritt who can assist.
Same on jackal in the rucks, we really disrupted Ireland there and yesterday, there was only a few attemps (and Barnes was not very generous in some cases, how long do you have to keep your hands on the ball in a contest to get a penalty ? 5 minutes? He was much quicker in penalizing Dullin at the end of the match... ). Some surprisingly toothless defending compared to 2020 and the beginning of this 6N.

Last edited:
Didn't know Edwards absence was bereavement. That would explain les Bleus defensive issues. This is the area that has been lacking the most in their championship. Edwards hasn't had the impact many say he's had. The absence of a jackler like Francois Cros (who is also one of the best lineout options at Toulouse) is the other issue Galthie need addressing.

I take it this is a funny joke from a regular poster, bearing in mind the only other post from this account was just before the autumn internationals.

I take it this is a funny joke from a regular poster, bearing in mind the only other post from this account was just before the autumn internationals.
Maybe he/she was subconsciously talking about him/her self... y'know Freudian-style ;).

Last edited:
Congrats to both Scotland and Wales. A strange tournament with some unexpected results.
I didn't see Scotland winning in Paris and thanks to Dulin they did. The 21 point difference was never on. But huge credit to Scotland, they wanted it more.
Russell didn't show any good reason why he should start for the Lions.

Who, apart from Welsh supporters would have thought Wales would come away with 2021 6 nations winners? But it was deserved and they have the makings of a good side although still in partial transition.
Will AWJ still be first choice lock for Wales after the Lions tour?

Congrats to both Scotland and Wales. A strange tournament with some unexpected results.
I didn't see Scotland winning in Paris and thanks to Dulin they did. The 21 point difference was never on. But huge credit to Scotland, they wanted it more.
Russell didn't show any good reason why he should start for the Lions.

Who, apart from Welsh supporters would have thought Wales would come away with 2021 6 nations winners? But it was deserved and they have the makings of a good side although still in partial transition.
Will AWJ still be first choice lock for Wales after the Lions tour?
If I were Alun Wyn, I'd make hay in Japan post-Lions... although I have a feeling he might actually stay in Wales and try and stick around for 2023.

If I were Alun Wyn, I'd make hay in Japan post-Lions... although I have a feeling he might actually stay in Wales and try and stick around for 2023.
Do you reckon he'll go into coaching, or pack all involvement in post playing?

Do you reckon he'll go into coaching, or pack all involvement in post playing?
I'd really like him to go into coaching... seeing all our (& other NH nations') talent disappear up their own arses as pundits is such a waste of hard-earned intellectual property! Either way, I can't see him exiting the game, Wales and Rugby seem like the be-all, end-all to AWJ.

I'd really like him to go into coaching... seeing all our (& other NH nations') talent disappear up their own arses as pundits is such a waste of hard-earned intellectual property! Either way, I can't see him exiting the game, Wales and Rugby seem like the be-all, end-all to AWJ.
You don't know how close I am to taking away the O and making him Brian Driscoll...

Do you know if does/has done any coaching while a player?
I think he'd have a lot to offer as a coach, but there's plenty of players who have said they want to take a step back once retiring as a player because they don't like not being able to have direct influence on a game (Wilko said he gets more nervous as a coach than he did as a player - and he was a bag of nerves as a player - because he knows he can't do anything once the whistle goes, that's why he's only ever done part time consultancy gigs since retirement). It must be tough dedicating your life to playing the game and then being so close to it/not being able to get out on the pitch.
Not sure if he has the personality to be a pundit, but then I don't know if I'd have guessed Warbs would be as good as he is, either

Latest posts