• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

What a cracking post, I've only read a couple of threads it seems its lets kick Wales while their down, that not the attitude in rugby that I want nor what I come on here for Banter is one thing Diatribe something else,

Personally there's a little bit of me that I quite like. The narrative from a lot of England fans is that it's only the Welsh who are petty and bitter and obsess over England but your typical Tory voting, Daily Mail reading barrister English rugby fan naturally assumes they are so much better, a better class of people if you like, and are therefore above all of that nonsense. The reality is they hate us more than anyone and I have little doubt that if ISIS managed to put a match day squad against us they would cheer them on till the final whistle. At least people on here admit that hatred rather than pretending they're above it all

I'm going to say something crazy, so keep with me guys. Despite the loss I think Wales actually might be good.
I would have never believed someone if they told me we would narrowly lose to France before the tournament. But it says a lot how much they have improved when I was disappointed with the result and thought they should have been able to close it out.

Forgot all about it post-match but although the decision was ultimately correct... that LRZ almost-try would've gone down as the best finish I've ever seen if he'd just managed to place it a centimetre further into the try zone. The kid played well again yesterday, such a talent.

Even though I've woke up somewhat heartbroken, the overall performance of pretty much every player in a Red Shirt does lift my fallen-crest a little. Gonna find time to watch the whole thing back sometime this week... don't think I'm up to it today but once my hangover and my psychological torment has shifted a little.
If it had happened a couple of weeks ago and he was wearing a white shirt the other nations would have been claiming he dived.

Personally there's a little bit of me that I quite like. The narrative from a lot of England fans is that it's only the Welsh who are petty and bitter and obsess over England but your typical Tory voting, Daily Mail reading barrister English rugby fan naturally assumes they are so much better, a better class of people if you like, and are therefore above all of that nonsense. The reality is they hate us more than anyone and I have little doubt that if ISIS managed to put a match day squad against us they would cheer them on till the final whistle. At least people on here admit that hatred rather than pretending they're above it all
Yep, while there is definitely some Welsh pettiness... it is proportionally way smaller than the English disdain we continuously encounter. That's not from all English fans though... there are a lot of great English guys on here too.

If it had happened a couple of weeks ago and he was wearing a white shirt the other nations would have been claiming he dived.
@Welsh Exile speak of the devil... okay, so 1. There is a difference between a dive and a leap-over (a dive is perfectly legal). 2. Who gives a **** about one of the many tries scored against Italy?

We Should probably all take a moment to be great full we are actually able to enjoy a sport which we all love and are passionate about, given the pandemic and real world problems going on.

@Welsh Exile speak of the devil... okay, so 1. There is a difference between a dive and a leap-over (a dive is perfectly legal). 2. Who gives a **** about one of the many tries scored against Italy?
It seems many many rugby fans had a pop at May's so called dive. And for no real reason or gain as it didn't affect the result. LRZ could easily have been adjudged to have dived to evade the tackle.

It seems many many rugby fans had a pop at May's so called dive. And for no real reason or gain as it didn't affect the result. LRZ could easily have been adjudged to have dived to evade the tackle.
Enjoy the Welsh loss bud...

1616323075892.gif

Am not sure why there should be a need for sympathy for any team losing a game in the 6N. It's no different losing the 5th game as it is the first game it's the luck of the draw in the order one plays ones opponents. If Wales played France first and lost then went on to win the next 4 would there be any sympathy for noy having beaten france in the opener this denying the chance of a GS? The tournament is based on 5 fames each not 4.
Objectively sure, but you must see that there's a difference in the context of both the game and the tournament.

You're premise is that being 4 games from a GS is the same as being less than a minute from one, which only makes sense if you take any emotion from situation and without emotion, the game has no meaning.

When asked why do you hate Nigel Owens no one could say why. A bit like when you ask English fans to name the countess AWJ incidents that leads to such vitriol but they can't name any.

Objectively sure, but you must see that there's a difference in the context of both the game and the tournament.

You're premise is that being 4 games from a GS is the same as being less than a minute from one, which only makes sense if you take any emotion from situation and without emotion, the game has no meaning.
How about that 2 Welsh, 1 English & 0 French commentary team huh? ;)

It's all relative and shows that every point scored can and does make a difference. France will rue not holding off england and that could turn out to be their GS loss. No one is saying that bit it could be fact. England lost to France first game last year then went on to win it. No asked for and no sympathy was given for losing g a GS at the first hurdle.

It's all relative and shows that every point scored can and does make a difference. France will rue not holding off england and that could turn out to be their GS loss. No one is saying that bit it could be fact. England lost to France first game last year then went on to win it. No asked for and no sympathy was given for losing g a GS at the first hurdle.
I don't think Wales are asking for sympathy tbh.

But that aside, there's a world of difference between being 4 games from a GS and being minus 1 minute away.
hence, the emotional point.

If's, but's and maybe's... :cool:

Oh that was another gem on here. Nigel Owens hates the English so much that he makes up things so he can criticise an English try against Italy. That was golden.
Let's not bring this up again ffs Nigel clearly represented his view initially in a way that implied it directly violated a law when asked about this law it was then stated as an unprovable 'directive' at the very least he initially represented his view in a very poor way.

Latest posts