• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (14/03/21)

Who's reserve 10 for Scotland?
Seems risky not to have a dedicated one when Russell is...as he is (i.e. when he's off he's really off)

I'm taking Ireland to win by a couple of scores. Better pack and far better bench IMO.

Earls made less metres than any Irish player not in the front row in the second half v Italy, gave away the field position v Wales for one of their tries and dropped a high ball unopposed and was anonymous v France. It's a negative selection, at least Larmour is improving week on week since his return from injury and isn't y'know ancient.
I'd disagree on Larmour improving. But again it shows. I'm not saying Earls is performing and your answer kind of agrees with it. The others haven't. Earls scored a try vs Italy with the little metres may have helped. And yes Earls is getting on I have said it time to freshen up but Larmour hasnt taken the jersey

Who's reserve 10 for Scotland?
Seems risky not to have a dedicated one when Russell is...as he is (i.e. when he's off he's really off)
Probably Hogg moving forward and Graham or Maitland moving to FB, at least for this game

The only other fly halves Scotland has really are Hastings (banned), Van Der Walt (not experienced enough) or Weir (don't think he's in the squad)

Wasn't meant to sounds sarcastic, just thought you might have an appraisal of your teams strengths that's more nuanced than mine!

Obviously you guys have better form this season, but we have history and our players have beaten a lot of yours in the pro14 this season.

This is essentially the same team that beat Eng, only changes are Nel for Fagerson and Johnson for Redpath

download (3).jpeg

Just to be safe

Starting to feel the Ringrose thing is played out so instead here's a picture of just a random handsome mustached fellow I found online. I don't know his name but I wish him a good career whether that be as a male model or a charismatic cult leader.
Screenshot_20210313-105329.jpg

It's a posh boy sport pretty much everywhere apart from Wales and the Pacific islands.

Yeah this was my perception too. Though you could argue south of France. South Africa has had more race issues than class but obviously no where near as bad as they were.

Yeah this was my perception too. Though you could argue south of France. South Africa has had more race issues than class but obviously no where near as bad as they were.
I used to have a Saffa business partner (great guy as well) and I learned a lot about the Saffa system... we (as in Welsh lads) would class their schools system very posh.

Is rugby really that posh in England?
Maybe the pro level because the academies scour the private schools for players but going semi pro and below?
I never met a single private school kid in my years of playing - our club captain was a binman!
I don't think you'll find many bankers willing to go get their head stepped on in a ruck on the weekend

Latest posts