• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Ireland (12/02/22)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 09.15.12.png

Would imagine Henderson and Henshaw onto the bench in place of Baird and Hume and that'll be it. Makes very a very strong 23, bench maybe lacks impact but we won't be lacking physicality or in the set piece with the lads who come on.

Definitely hopeful rather than expectant for this one. We've caught up a hell of a lot on France in the past 9 months, if we beat them here under normal circumstances I'll comfortably say we're better.

I don't really see an area of the pitch where one side is comfortably better. They're the one side who can put it up to our front rows; second rows are fairly even and possibly underrated outside the respective countries; backrows both very strong if very different; centres very similar; the French back three is more dangerous but probably less reliable.

They're halfbacks are better overall but I'm still taking Johnny over N'tamack.

The winner of this should go on to win the championship and if we win I'd start dreaming of a slam. Should be a cracker.

Well it's time for the yearly French media concern trolling around Sextons health!

Team picks itself this week. Starting 15 will be as was I reckon, which is fair. No one played poorly. Bench will probably include Henshaw and Henderson. Huge testament to how good Bundee was last weekend that no one is calling for Henshaw to come straight back in, even if Henshaw is the better player.

I don't really see an area of the pitch where one side is comfortably better.

The French wingers. The gods have never gifted rugby such a pairing as Penaud and Teddy. Never. But I am nitpicking as Teddy is out injured. Seriously though I think those wingers are superior compared to their international peers than Dupont is.

I don't think a lazy game against Italy has done France favours as preparation. At least Ireland had to break down a defence. I'm edging towards Ireland here (with them screwing up later against a free spirited England with little to play for).

The French love to hate Sexton, it's excellent.
The French wingers. The gods have never gifted rugby such a pairing as Penaud and Teddy. Never. But I am nitpicking as Teddy is out injured. Seriously though I think those wingers are superior compared to their international peers than Dupont is.

I don't think a lazy game against Italy has done France favours as preparation. At least Ireland had to break down a defence. I'm edging towards Ireland here (with them screwing up later against a free spirited England with little to play for).
That's fair apart from the sneak play with Thomas! For Saturday I think you've got Penaud and a huge gulf to the other three wingers. Also Keenan has a bit more quality than Jaminet for me, Hogg is probably the only 15 in rugby I'd swap him for.

Thomas is exciting and electric but he epitomises the French stereotypes around inconsistency and has trouble defensively.

Penaud no doubt is terrifying.

Definitely not the time for it, but if he had more experience this is the type of game I'd like to see Coombes on the bench for. Him & Henderson would pack a punch from the bench with their carrying.

Curious how we play this.. do you think we think to the exact same playstyle? I hope so. Maybe dependant on weather conditions too.

I do slightly worry about Hansen's size for this game, and I'm unsure how he is in the air. After last week I'm quite happy with Hansen over Baloucoune now in the pecking order with how he filled the second playmaker role. However, if this turns into a more physical, tactical battle then Baloucoune *might* be the better option since he's bigger, more physical & good under the high ball.

All depends on the tactics, which is great to have options like this. I think someone said the other day it's like the Leinster approach of swapping in players for certain matches, I like that approach a lot.

I think this is the most excited I've been about a 6N game for years, cue a dull 12-12 draw!. In all seriousness though the forecast for Paris on Saturday looks very good so it should favour free-flowing rugby. That will suit both sides these days. France are France and Ireland are playing some terrific stuff under Farrell. I'm going to be a bit brave and say France by 12 points. At home if they find their fluency France can do a number on anyone, even a very good Irish team.

I think this will be a rare game where I won't be upset if we lose. We're in a good place but arguably facing the biggest test in rugby after a game in Lansdowne rd ;)

I can't imagine us losing in embarrassing or uncompetitive fashion and if you haven't noticed I kinda like the French. If we win I will be smug af tho. Bring it on bby

Latest posts