• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023 U20 World Championships

They rushed through that card decision for me just like they did Ireland's one that got upgraded after the fact

Isn't that kinda the point though?

Was a definite yellow, could be red, let's get on with the match whilst TMO looks at it carefully and absent influence
Yes, my mistake I fully forgot the trial. I think Ireland's only got upgraded post match

Is there an additional TMO or is it just the one?
Only downside I can see is distracting the TMO for 10mins when they should be checking the game (the TMO is who pointed out CCS's tackle in the first place, so if he's not watching the game for the next 10...?)

I hadn't calculated for a draw.
I think that would leave England in poll position for 4th seed, but brings NZ back into play (assuming Wales don't perform a miracle against France).

ETA - that looks right, but NZ would have to catch up a 66 Points Differential (against Japan, so possible) - unless it's wins > PD...

Not really too familiar with the format but I'm guessing we're more or less guaranteed the winner of the SA, Arg etc... Pool rather than NZ or Eng?
Correct. If England had got a BP there we'd probably have had France which is obviously not ideal. That said we will have to beat them at some stage and shouldn't fear them in any case

Not really too familiar with the format but I'm guessing we're more or less guaranteed the winner of the SA, Arg etc... Pool rather than NZ or Eng?
Barring shenanigans...
France will be top seeds, with 15 match points.
Ireland will be 2nd seeds, with 13 match points.
SA are favourites for 3rd seeds, as 3rd best pool winner (even if with 9 match points).
England will be 4th seeds, with 10 match points.

Shenanigans could include Wales beating NZ; or NZ beating Japan by 66+ points.
Pool C is SA's with any win; Arg if they win with a TBP, or without a TBP, but a 16+ points difference; or Georgia if Argentina win without a TBP and 15 or less points difference, or a draw.

Then it's 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd in the SFs

Wales actually look v good on the ball, v unlucky to throw an intercept and go the other way. Welsh 10 looks handy. Yellow there will go up to a red for me

Wales actually look v good on the ball, v unlucky to throw an intercept and go the other way. Welsh 10 looks handy. Yellow there will go up to a red for me
Can't get it to play - which is probably good, because I'm at work now. - would have been nice to have it on silently in a background window to check scores between patients.

Latest posts