Leinster
Saturday, 17:15

Dragons v Cardiff
Munster v Connacht
Zebre v Treviso
Glasgow v Edinburgh
Ulster v Leinster
Scarlets v Ospreys

So the Italian game matters a little bit, Zebre playing for their miserable existence and all but that's about it. Outside of that you could trick yourself into thinking that there's much of an advantage in getting an away semi final in the RDS (Last Pro12 away win 15th February 2015, prior to that 30th March 2013) or Thomond Park (One pro 12 loss since 2015). While Thomond is clearly the easier prospect much like how fighting Wladimir Klitschko is an easier prospect to fighting Anthony Joshua... Whatever match you choose to watch, make sure you get a few drinks in, this is the worst weekend of the open ceremony to the team wearing blue lifting up a pretty trophy in a packed out RDS!

Yeah - well - I'm expecting us to get embarrassed (which, given where we are right now, is no mean feat) by Leinster's 2nd/3rd string.

Rumour has it the debacle has somehow descended further into the gutter. Not only are Clarke and Doak allegedly fighting at training, supposedly Kiss has lost the dressing room.

While the former 2 are out the door after this weekend, the latter is not. Which is not a good place to be - no matter how good Jono Gibbes is.

Very interesting point tonight on OTB that Connacht should hope to loose against us and it's being discussed up in Galway supposedly.
Because then they'll be away to English team as opposed to French team. Argubally that is the lesser of the 2 evils. Then win that and you'd be guaranteed final in Galway.

By way Alpha what trophy gets lifted at RDS
Had it in my head it was an RDS final like the last Dublin one, Lansdowne will only have more adoring fans!

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Isa Nacewa (168) CAPTAIN
14. Adam Byrne (22)
13. Garry Ringrose (37)
12. Noel Reid (81)
11. Fergus McFadden (151)
10. Joey Carbery (21)
9. Luke McGrath (73)
1. Jack McGrath (111)
2. James Tracy (40)
3. Tadhg Furlong (65)
4. Devin Toner (196)
5. Hayden Triggs (29)
6. Rhys Ruddock (129)
7. Josh van der Flier (44)
8. Jack Conan (49)

16. Richardt Strauss (145)
17. Cian Healy (170)
18. Andrew Porter (7)
19. Ross Molony (43)
20. Dan Leavy (37)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (27)
22. Ross Byrne (22)
23. Rory O'Loughlin (20)

Ulster team & replacements to play Leinster, Guinness PRO12, Saturday 6th May, Kingspan Stadium (5.15pm kick-off, live on BBC NI):
(15-9): C Gilroy, A Trimble (Capt), L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Piutau, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): A Warwick, R Herring, R Ah You, K Treadwell, A O'Connor, R Diack, S Reidy, R Wilson;
Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, K McCall, W Herbst, C Henry, N Timoney, P Marshall, P Nelson, J Stockdale.

18222121_10155361748871940_6257695363632961007_n.jpg

Essentially our second team. Excited about Wootton, Goggin and Oliver. Hopefully Wootton scores another beaut like he did against Jersey. Good that Murray is back. Would like a win as vengeance for last season, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

All of the Ospreys supporters are killing me, with their general positivity on the upcoming match. No idea why they are so confident. I really believe that we intend to finish the regular season as the best side in Wales, so I doubt we will look over Ospreys.

All of the Ospreys supporters are killing me, with their general positivity on the upcoming match. No idea why they are so confident. I really believe that we intend to finish the regular season as the best side in Wales, so I doubt we will look over Ospreys.

I know a fair few Ospreys supporters who aren't confident at all. They are away and the Scarlets have pretty much the full team out. I think the Scarlets are the more dangerous of the two at the moment and have hit a bit of form. The Scarlets will need to keep this form going and avoid any injuries if they have any chance of the ***le.

Last edited:
I know a fair few Ospreys supporters who aren't confident at all. They are away and the Scarlets have pretty much the full team out. I think the Scarlets are the more dangerous of the two at the moment and have hit a bit of form. The Scarlets will need to keep this form going and avoid any injuries if they have any chance of the ***le.

I agree with you entirely, I have only read the drunk posts of my mates on Facebook. I believe that we need to keep our momentum going, regardless. Losing the last match of the season at home, especially to Ospreys, would severely hurt our momentum. I tip us to win, although it will be a tight contest.

Well we delivered our bit and finish top of the table. Big surprise up North but we will take it.

Leinster repeatedly shot themselves in the foot yesterday. A bit more care with the ball and they'd have won handily.

Zebre change into their lucky shirts at half time, but to no avail. Wooden spoon and possibly going out of existence with a damp whimper.

Ye gods, Scarlets had a proper crowd!

I think Scarlets could have given Munster a run for their money given the slight dip in Munsters form recently. The points difference between them and the top two must be about the same or less as it was after five weeks as they had a shocker of a start.

Regretably I also can't see past an all Irish final as my pre season prediction of Welsh success is exposed as a bit haywire (although I did predict two Welsh sides in the playoffs).

scarlets looked exceptional against the Ospreys. I know the O's have looked a bit out of sorts over the past month, but that was a demolition job by a Scarlets team who were superior in every facet of play.

Leinster should be extremely weary, because on that sort of form Scarlets are fully capable of going to the rds and winning, even if it's against Pro12 SF history!

They have a more than solid set-piece with a superb front row. Rob Evans is turning into something a little special, and Gats may be regretting not naming him in the Lions squad. His scrummaging is good, but his workrate and handling are just phenomenal atm! They have so many options in the back-row. James Davies will be back more than likely, Shingler is playing some of his best stuff, he's got serious pace for a backrower. They maybe lack a little on the carrying front at 8 but Barclay/Boyd are doing fine jobs for them there.

Their backline is blockbuster and they're playing like it too. Steff Evans is doing the business game after game. Patchell is back fit and firing. McNickol is really starting to find his feet and Jon Davies is back playing well. They have some depth as well with any one of 3 scrum halves to pick from who all churn out impressive performances and a good balance in the center. DTH has to settle for a spot on the bench.

Really looking forward to the game a week Friday, should be a humdinger. Leinster will go in as favourites, but I think it'll be close. Can only see one result in the other semi, and that's a home win. Ospreys have disintegrated it seems. AWJ will be a big boost, but he won't be enough to rejuvenate a pack which is really struggling physically. Another worrying thing is their defense, usually so aggressive and solid, has been passive of late. Muster too strong, and it could be a hammering!

I don't see Scarlets coming close to be honest, there's a pretty huge gulf in class between the two sides. Apart from their trips to France Leinster's 1st XV have won their games at a canter, Munster, Wasps and Montpellier at home all being fiercer prospects. If the fixtures were switched I reckon both Welsh sides would be happier.

I don't see Scarlets coming close to be honest, there's a pretty huge gulf in class between the two sides. Apart from their trips to France Leinster's 1st XV have won their games at a canter, Munster, Wasps and Montpellier at home all being fiercer prospects. If the fixtures were switched I reckon both Welsh sides would be happier.

Really? A huge gulf in class, that's a pretty big statement! Scarlets are a lot better than you're giving them credit, whilst Leinster aren't quite as good as you think. Home advantage will likely decide it, but Scarlets will push them close imo.

Really? A huge gulf in class, that's a pretty big statement! Scarlets are a lot better than you're giving them credit, whilst Leinster aren't quite as good as you think. Home advantage will likely decide it, but Scarlets will push them close imo.

I'll stand by it and doubt I'll be proven wrong. Just looking at the players you've named earlier and comparing them to their opposite numbers this week it reads Evans v McGrath, James Davies v SOB, Dan Leavy or Josh Van der Flier, Shingler v Conan, Ruddock or Leavy, Patchell v Sexton, Evans v Nacewa, McNicholl v Carbery, and Davies v Ringrose. I see a huge gulf there everywhere but the last three (and I don't see Isa struggling to contain Evans like he did Strettle for 10 minutes) which probably still go Leinster's way. Two Leinster Lions and two guys with 8 tries this season don't get a mention there either, neither does the fact that the last pro12 side to win in the RDS was in February 2015 or that an away semi final win has never been recorded in the pro12, I'd be surprised if this is anything but comfortable, It's one of Europe's elite v the best performing Welsh region who couldn't escape their group after all.

I'm trying and failing not to come across as arrogant here but my view was that the European semi finalists were a level above the rest and Scarlets couldn't reach the quarters.

That's presuming leinster will play well. Theyre a young side who tend to blow hot and cold. Scarlets are playing well this season and are good in attack and defence.

I'm trying and failing not to come across as arrogant here but my view was that the European semi finalists were a level above the rest and Scarlets couldn't reach the quarters.

yup, definitely failing. Didn't stop the Ospreys from turning over the then European Champs in their own backyard in the final a few years ago. Just because one side has done better in Europe, doesn't necessarily mean they'll trump them in the league. Ospreys, Connacht and Glasgow's ***les prove that.

I guess there has been an issue with injuries and changes in form at the Scarlets. Leinster have been completely consistent and very settled, along with having the luxury of a mammoth amount of depth across positions. Knockout rugby brings the best out in teams and that Scarlets team is in pretty good form leading up to the game. For that reason I wouldn't call it a gulf at the moment. Time will tell!

Latest posts