• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

6 Wallabies Banned for drinking

I wonder if the secret to ensure the Wallabies succeed is to set up beer bottles on the opposing team's try line?

May wanna take a look at that Ewen. ;)

From the sounds of it they didn't cause any trouble or anything. And it wasn't the night before the game. Is it that big a deal?

I agree with jonny24 above - this was several days before the match. As long as they make training the next day and didn't behave particularly badly then what is the big deal?

I just watched a docu on the BBC of the 74 Lions tour and if rules like this were enforced back in 74 then they wouldn't have had anyone available to play.

I'm really surprised AAC was one of them. He always struck me as a player who wouldn't put a foot out of line on or off the field. Pleasantly surprised though to hear Cooper wasn't involved. Seems the vice captaincy has done him a world of good. Hopefully it holds up and we get to see his talent on a more consistent basis. HOWEVER, going a bit off topic, but has anyone noticed the head shoving he's been doing? He did it against England (can't remember who) and then Ireland (Kearney) when the ball would go out to touch.

I don't know much about the Australian system, and how club teams operate. But I'm guessing this is something that starts at the lower levels and instead of doing something about it, everyone just winks at it and covers over the problem. I can't help but think it's not so much a 'Wallabies' problem as it is an Australian rugby problem

You could be onto something, a lot of amateur sports clubs in Australia are tarnished by Alcohol and Gambling. TABs and Poker Machines have infiltrated clubs who are looking to increase their profits to subsidise semi-pro players. You either embrace the culture or are excluded. I hardly drink (only when the Wallabies are playing) and rarely gamble, I like to concentrate more on a healthy lifestyle which works against me as i'm not included in a lot of things at my local cricket team because i'm not part of the "crew".

I'm all for what Link has done, time for a cultural shift, no tolerance. I don't even care if we lose to Scotland, that's what happens if you break the rules and those 6 banned players will be to blame for letting the team down, not the coach. making an example of them is the right thing to do!

This was the right move by Ewan.

If he did not do it now, then how can he do it in the future. It sounded like all the boys were having a good time and a few decided to stay out later. Yes it was a Tuesday and they had a rest day for Wednesday, but this is before playing Ireland, who pretty much ended their chance at the RWC two year ago.

Plus, drinking has been a big problem with AUS and he needs to set them right. Tough to see ACC in the bin. But I think Ewan saw the opportunity to punish a great soldier of AUS rugby and send the message very clear to all of AUS...

atleast cummins is out because off this one dangerous runner down better chance for the scots to win

I have photos of the moment:

131119021647371043.jpg

:buddies: :drinks: :bonne-de:

What would be the Wallabies lineup against Scotland?

1- James Slipper
2- Stephen Moore
3- Sekope Kepu
4- Rob Simmons
5- James Horwill
6- Scott Fardy
7- Michael Hooper
8- Ben Mowen
9- Will Genia
10- Quade Cooper
11- Joe Tomane
12- Matt Toomua
13- ¿¿¿¿ Leali'ifano ???
14- ¿¿¿¿ Peter Betham ???
15- Israel Folau

Mmm... They could win!

I'm really surprised AAC was one of them. He always struck me as a player who wouldn't put a foot out of line on or off the field. Pleasantly surprised though to hear Cooper wasn't involved. Seems the vice captaincy has done him a world of good. Hopefully it holds up and we get to see his talent on a more consistent basis. HOWEVER, going a bit off topic, but has anyone noticed the head shoving he's been doing? He did it against England (can't remember who) and then Ireland (Kearney) when the ball would go out to touch.

Yeah, I can remember!!! I love him

:box:

Last edited:

Latest posts