• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of help with a monitor!

B

Black-Monday

I just turned on my 2 year old tft monitor, i think thats what it is.

Anyway, today it just seems to have decided to be all gay and start ghosting screens I have previously been on in a blurry background.

Say I was on an text full screen and then went on say Msn, the text of the previous screen is still 'semi' there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BM

Go to the tab "settings" in Display Properties, and play around with things there....change the screen resolution, colour quality etc.

However, By the sounds of things I think your monitor has simply just had its time. My 17" TFT has been fine since I was 11...but i guess yours has less luck.

Actually, come to think of it, this has happened before to another TFT that we used to have. The ghosting came with old age, but to fix it for a decent period of time, dad or I would just bash it at the back or the sides and it would come good.

Check the cables are inserted properly and you download the latest monitor driver. It may also help if you have got the latest graphics card driver too.
If that don't work, I think your monitor may be on its way out. See if you can borrow someones monitor to make sure its definitely the monitor.

If you need to replace your monitor, 19" TFT monitors are going from just over £100. Just make sure it has got low response time (8ms or lower) & check reviews of the monitor that you are after. You don't want to buy a monitor & find out its cack. I would also recommend in getting a monitor that have a DVI port. Most monitors now have DVI output for that extra bit of visual quality over standard VGA port.

Sounds like the monitor is gone... best get a new one mate, but do try it on another computer or screen to check it...

The bastarding think is okay again, no idea why. The second time it has done this.

Now the tower is making funny noises, most likely from the fan.

A good kick usually sorts that one.

Cheers for helping anyway.

BM

The bastarding think is okay again, no idea why. The second time it has done this.

Now the tower is making funny noises, most likely from the fan.

A good kick usually sorts that one.

Cheers for helping anyway.

BM
[/b]

That's as far as my technological expertise takes me as well...

It does work believe it on not and I am trained on fixing this... if at first it dont work... Kick It!!!

Latest posts