• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A fireside chat with Dan and Charlie

Not so much a question, as some general comments I wanted to throw into the mix:

The quality of the forum has, and is definately continuing to improve. As someone who has been around since the original incarnation, it mabye doesn't have the same level of regular members, but it is certainly at the highest level it has been following the first period of downtime that was experienced.

Credit has to go to Dan and Charlie for their efforts in achieving this.

Secondly - moderating.

I really don't think some people understand what a difficult job it can be to moderate this forum. Maintaining a balance between letting things go off-topic and enforcing sensible, constructive posting is quite a task. Especially when individuals decide they don't like something, and theirs is the only view that matters.

To that extent, the guys are doing a very good job. Yes, there are mistakes and perhaps calls that aren't quite right. The point is that they are members who are looking for the same enjoyment as everyone else, just with extra responsibility placed upon them.

Cut them some slack now and again, it's a lot tougher than you think.

Writing all that gave me time to think of a question(s) as well -

1) When will the donation system be up and running?
2) Will it be enabled for debit cards as well as credit cards?

The second one would be very useful.

Right the answer to Quintes is...
That from now on a New Rule will be implemented to staff in regards to the rep system, and the conduct of use... Currently ONLY Admins can remove neg reps, but not on their own account. Unless the comment breaks any of the TRF rules which have been updated by the way... then it can not be deleted...

In Answer to Saintsfan_webbys

The Donation System will be up and running once the takeover is completed and the TRF bank account has been set up...
It will be using Paypal for the payment transfer, so Yes Debit and Credit Cards will be accepted

Originally posted by Quintes@Jul 14 2006, 08:41 AM

Lastly my question, and it's a continuation on the An Tarbh thread but I feel I have to clear it up because I'm not sure if I did or didn't do it. Dan, on the Richard Pryor comment a couple of days ago (that you probalby didn't mean in that way anyway) I believe I - repped you. I remember completing the form, but the rep has dissapeared. Did you have it deleted and if so why if you think that it is important to know what people think? If you did not delete it then at least I am sure I did not actually complete the action and I can sleep safe in the knowledge that at 26 my memory isn't failing as I am thinking at the moment and that the TRF MAfia only is something of Lora, Sambad :p and my imagination.

My Bad, please don't answer that question as I just read the opening post again, I can ask any question I might have about TRF, above question is about you. Let me refrase it. Should mod's/admin be allowed to remove rep points from their own accounts if the point of the rep system is to make members aware of the way their conduct is perceived so it can be imporved/discussed?
It's a perfectly valid question.

I have never removed my own rep. And not only because I can't. Even if I could, I wouldn't, for 2 reasons:

1) I need to see what people think of me. I will probably receive rep based on the decisions I make and on what people think of them.

2) I'm honestly not fussed about rep. I'm not here to be popular (though it's nice if I am) I'm here to make the board a success.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Originally posted by getofmeland@Jul 14 2006, 08:10 AM
The Donation System will be up and running once the takeover is completed and the TRF bank account has been set up...
It will be using Paypal for the payment transfer, so Yes Debit and Credit Cards will be accepted
Thank you Dan, and yes it does answer my question.

I have another.

Where will donated money go. i.e Surgical breast implants, like I am sporting in my new improved avatar (ty Dobrien), testicular cancer research, rugby players with neck injuries, running costs, TRF merchandise etc

(all of the above are in interest of our members :lol: )

I am having a sex change wiv the money

But Seriously the money will spent on possible upgrades, advertising and then the possibility of TRF Merchandise...

Originally posted by Quintes@Jul 14 2006, 06:12 PM

I have another.

Where will donated money go. i.e Surgical breast implants, like I am sporting in my new improved avatar (ty Dobrien), testicular cancer research, rugby players with neck injuries, running costs, TRF merchandise etc

(all of the above are in interest of our members :lol: )
It's a very important question.

You need money to do things in this world. Whether you're a human being or a rugby forum, money is essential.

I basically intend to spend the money on:

1) Giving the board a facelift and trying to make it MODERNISED, functionable and accessible. We'll be able to do a lot more work with the portal and make a whole host of improvements to the board.

2) Advertising. We need to spread the word. Perhaps an advertising hoarding somewhere, or in a rugby magazine. Certainly I'd like a full page spread on a magazine somewhere.

3) Bursaries - if someone is going to make a TRF banner and take it to a game, I'd like to be able to help contribute to the costs.

4) Your suggestions.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 15 2006, 09:11 AM
2) Advertising. We need to spread the word. Perhaps an advertising hoarding somewhere, or in a rugby magazine. Certainly I'd like a full page spread on a magazine somewhere.

3) Bursaries - if someone is going to make a TRF banner and take it to a game, I'd like to be able to help contribute to the costs.
Can help here, as work for a newspaper, could possibly put an ad in saying something along the lines of 'If you're interested in rugby come check us out www.therugbyforum etc'. Being staff member our ads are half price, hell I may even just do it myself :) ( only drawback is the odds are you'd only get more Southland members :p )

Secondly, we're still interested in the banner at a Southland Stags game. We play Waikato down here Aug 5, which would be first opportunity to get TRF TV coverage...

That would be fantastic dobrien7, we would fully give you the cash for the advert, maybe you could design something for it...

Really looking forward to see the impact of your banner as well...

Yeah baby, Stags will need our support too, seeing as they just lost to ****ing Tasman. And what better than a big TRF banner to inspire them?

Latest posts