• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

The language aside, I was always under the impression Trump was pro choice.
Trump's problem with any issue is that he didn't really know what he thought about anything. He just made stuff up on the hoof, and like Mini-Trump in No.10, he's appallingly bad at it.

Didn't notice this at the time.
Out of 650MPs, 56 are (or, were in April) under investigation for sexual misconduct

I don't think you quite grasp how it works. For any president to nominate a Supreme Court Justice, there has to be a vacancy. In 2016, Justice Scalia died in February, nine months before the presidential election. Senate Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a confirmation hearing for president Obama's nomination to replace Scalia, saying it was too close to the election. When Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died in September 2020, two months before the election, Turtleneck rushed through the confirmation of Trump's third SCOTUS nomination. That's how it works, and there's nothing that can be done about it. You can now look forward to same-sex marriage, civil rights, race laws and who knows what else coming under attack.
no there doesn't. There is no limit to the Supreme Court and a justice can be appointed at anytime. The number 9 was set by the Judiciary Act of 1869, which expanded the court from 8 to 9.

If he survives this then he really is bullet proof.
Will be gone within next 2-3 months I say. He can't keep using Ukraine as a shield. Paper cuts before, then gashes, have become two massive gaping wounds, especially with Rishi resigning.

What's been the straw that broke the camels back(s)?
There's been so many scandals recently it's hard to keep track - or are they jumping before an even bigger scandal drops in the coming days?

There's been so many scandals recently it's hard to keep track - or are they jumping before an even bigger scandal drops in the coming days?
Leadership contest prospects?

Well it's definitely not a sense of decency.

Either there's more on the Pincher story to come, or whatever is currently being kept from the press is massive.
That or the 1922 committee have threatened BJ that they'll cut his after-office purse strings and he won't be getting any speaking engagements - which is about the only way they can get rid of him this year.

If it's that, expect any cabinet minister with the slightest hope of a future cabinet position to be gone by the end of this week.

Leadership contest prospects?
Too early - the knife wielder is never crowned

Will be gone within next 2-3 months I say. He can't keep using Ukraine as a shield. Paper cuts before, then gashes, have become two massive gaping wounds, especially with Rishi resigning.
He won't last the week either he resigns or the 1922 committee changes the rules.

There's talk he might go tonight.

The two resignations are, IMO, gonna be leadership candidates, but more importantly who might take over between the Johnston resignation and the election of a new Conservative leader?

For a laugh they should put in Dorries (I know it'll probably be Raab as he's deputy PM).

isn't sunak resigning a much bigger deal than some other cabinet member? I always see him and BoJo together and that's a super important position right?

isn't sunak resigning a much bigger deal than some other cabinet member? I always see him and BoJo together and that's a super important position right?
Both are a pretty big deal they're both 'heavy hitters'. Health Minster is nowhere near as big as Chansoller (would be the same as loosing Treasury Secretary and they de facto second in command) but its huge position remember they run the NHS.

Both going on a day is pretty massive.

Latest posts