• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

"Christian" nationalists in the USA are so ****** up. You will find fewer groups who less embody the teachings of Christ whilst so proudly proclaiming what a great Christian they are.

Also Sean Hannity is threatening to sue a Democrat running in one of the states because he called him a liar... I mean sure, go ahead and sue him. You can't defame someone if what you're saying is true and it's well known Hannity is a liar.

The typical household energy bill will hit £3,549 a year from October, regulator Ofgem has announced
This is an 80% rise on the current enegy price cap of £1,971
It says the market for gas in winter means that prices could get significantly worse through 2023
Analysts Cornwall Insight have revised their forecast for January's energy price cap to £5,386 a year

Prices going even further through the roof this Winter and next year with no government in the UK at the helm.

Madness

Macrons response was class, though. Not hard to appear the better human when opposed to this bunch over here but, still, good to see some statesmanship over the channel.

Just I don't know right now, we have a government and getting a leader more interested in pandering to xenophobia than actually sorting out this problem.

**** Britain I'm leaving (seriously started the process that will take some time yesterday)

Yeh I'm considering leaving tbh.

Even if it means looking to get a new degree in a different profession.

Plus point is I really do think this mess has burst this majority right votership that had/is developed/developing majority of people I knew who voted tories are now either voting another party or not voting at all.

Echo (echo echo)

Was looking at leaving too,
Even if the Tories get relegated to the history books there's been so much damage done in the last decade it's hard to see it getting much better in the next couple decades as the next few Governments are just going to be putting out fires rather than actually improving things

Wife still refuses to countenance leaving - and that's on top of having started my own business 15 years ago, and not wanting to just walk away from it all.

I'd love to go.

I left last year. Any prospect of returning seems further and further away.

Where was everyone thinking of going? I had been considering Ireland, Netherlands or Scandinavia... The fact that after all this we still can't say with certainty it is the end of Tory rule just shows how ******* stupid the people of this country are. The Tories are driving the country into the ground and your average Tory voter is seeing everything fall to pieces around them and going "nah not their fault. Let's stick with them, they've shown what a great job they've done the last 12 years!"

Usually the way, those who most loudly and proudly proclaim what patriots they are are also the ones who tend to inflict the greatest damage on the country they say they love.

I had been considering Ireland, Netherlands or Scandinavia...
Was looking at the Netherlands but seems pricey from what I've seen, Wages vs CoL doesn't seem to match up well (though I guess it's like a lot of countries where the big cities have the big CoL)

Been looking at North Western Europe mostly (Germany, Scandinavia, Denmark, Netherlands)
Apparently Luxembourg and Portugal have thriving tech scenes after really going all out to try and entice people in post-COVID - Portugal's summers look like they're becoming increasingly unliveable for someone not massive on heat, though

I'd been looking at Japan before but they're still dicking around with their borders post-covid (still closed) so not really an option

Was looking at the Netherlands but seems pricey from what I've seen, Wages vs CoL doesn't seem to match up well (though I guess it's like a lot of countries where the big cities have the big CoL)

Been looking at North Western Europe mostly (Germany, Scandinavia, Denmark, Netherlands)
Apparently Luxembourg and Portugal have thriving tech scenes after really going all out to try and entice people in post-COVID - Portugal's summers look like they're becoming increasingly unliveable for someone not massive on heat, though

I'd been looking at Japan before but they're still dicking around with their borders post-covid (still closed) so not really an option
One of my friends moved to the Netherlands a couple years ago. Her mom is Dutch so she already had a passport. Just enrolled in grad school program and stayed there afterwards.

Ahh Japan workplace ethics are not something I would want to touch ever espcially with tech from what I've heard from a friend. I toyed with looking at Japan and China but feel like the workplace difference would be too much for me.

Honestly trouble with most places in Europe is the expense v quality of life it's a tricky thing.

Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland etc

Lisbon is somewhere I've looked.

Yeah Japan sounds like America x10 when it comes to workplace culture/capitalism worship.

Where was everyone thinking of going? I had been considering Ireland, Netherlands or Scandinavia... The fact that after all this we still can't say with certainty it is the end of Tory rule just shows how ******* stupid the people of this country are. The Tories are driving the country into the ground and your average Tory voter is seeing everything fall to pieces around them and going "nah not their fault. Let's stick with them, they've shown what a great job they've done the last 12 years!"

Usually the way, those who most loudly and proudly proclaim what patriots they are are also the ones who tend to inflict the greatest damage on the country they say they love.
Canada (I'm actually there right now) it has its own issues but the main offices for our section are out here and it makes the move simpler. Career development is the key pull factor for me, the state of Britain is the push. My bosses boss came out and just asked me when we were eating the other night so I started conversations yesterday about transitioning. Early days yet and will take time.

Canada has an intercorperate visa program with Britain (which was copy and pasted from the EU) which I qualify for and my wife can get an open work visa if I get it.

My wife said no for many years but came around a month or two ago.

Galway, Limerick, Cork would all be doable in Ireland if you can stand Munster people, but far less opportunities there than Dublin. Dublin COL is more or less equal to London currently with lower salaries to boot. Manageable but you'd want to be earning 40k a year minimum and be fairly frugal, I've been reliant on covid savings for any travel I've done this year, looking forward to a sizeable raise when I qualify, its needed.

Latest posts