• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

if the dems don't have a candidate's fascist son to reveal all the family secrets they don't do any opposition research

I really hope he has no ways to wriggle out of it. Yes the amount of ridiculous but I really hope this ******* crashes and burns.

Churchill was the last wartime leader to speak to Congress. First time in awhile news feels like must watch TV.

Beginning to look like Musk's stalker claims were actually not true, now police are involved and certain details are not tying up with what musk claimed.

Who could have possibly seen that musk would lie to give an excuse for his manchild antics.
Musk will be building Xanadu soon and spend all his days there like some mental Bond villain

Musk will be building Xanadu soon and spend all his days there like some mental Bond villain
Why do you think he wants to go to Mars?

And if you were a worker for him - would you trust him with your oxygen supply?

23/12/2022

'We can manage perfectly well without them!': MPs round on Border Force strikers as Heathrow and Gatwick passengers praise 'brilliant' military for doing their job with 'record' efficiency

24/12/2022

Soldiers and sailors covering for striking Border Force staff at passport control do not have the power to detain people they suspect of criminal activity, leaked documents show.

Emails reveal that people suspected of crimes such as carrying a false passport, drug smuggling, people trafficking and victims of modern slavery cannot be stopped by members of the armed forces if they hold valid travel documents.

23/12/2022

24/12/2022

The armed forces are not buckshee manpower, to say "this maybe the future" is completely stupid. Given the current situation in Russia shall we cancel all Britain's NATOs exercise commitments to man passport control at airports? As for stopping criminals I believe military police have the power of arrest but I'm pretty sure your average squaddie doesn't otherwise I would have gone mad with the power trip!

So basically they are processing people at a record rate because basically as long as the passport is in date and the photo matches they wave you through as they have zero power to arrest.

As for stopping criminals I believe military police have the power of arrest
I'm fairly sure military police have no powers of arrest outside of military affairs.

They may have powers of detention with regard to trespassing on MOD property, but even then civilian police would probably be called.

I'm fairly sure military police have no powers of arrest outside of military affairs.

They may have powers of detention with regard to trespassing on MOD property, but even then civilian police would probably be called.
No that's not true. Military police can be granted the power of arrest under certain civil circumstances. I am guessing although I may be wrong that if the military are given control of the border crossing that there will be some in their number that can make an arrest

"Service police are not constables under UK law and do not have any constabulary powers over the general public, however they have the full range of policing power that constables possess when dealing with service personnel or civilians subject to service discipline."

I doubt they've had remotely as much training in the law as actual police.

It depends on the country,I think. In some countries, military police has such powers (or,at least, partially). In other countries,their powers are limited.
As for the UK, I found only something like that:
They have no power of arrest over service personnel nor are they a police organisation per se. Their primary purpose is to enforce breaches of service discipline at a local unit level.
And + Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_police_of_the_United_Kingdom
The Royal Military Police (RMP) is the corps of the British Army responsible for the policing of army service personnel,
Some of the specific roles the RMP fulfill include:[9]

• Law enforcement and crime prevention, within the service community
  • Assistance to civilian police forces in garrison towns
So,as far as I understand, you were right regarding the UK military police, they can only "assist to civilian police forces" blabla

Often, the term 'military police' is considered synonymous with the Army's Royal Military Police
Why "royal" military police though...🤦‍♀️

Latest posts