• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'm fine thanks. My toner cartridge and the environment less so. For someone who was supposedly against Brexit its amazing how you seem to come to life whenever someone gives a real example of just how **** Brexit is.
I think its a good indivdual example of how Brexit drives inflation.

The entire activity is non value added people don't get better trainers because of the documentation you filled out. This adds non-zero amount to the cost of production of the trainers however which either must be absorbed by General Melchett PLC. or added to the cost of the trainers. This either means less profits or higher costs to the consumer.

Actually apply this example to any business that exports to the EU (and more gets added if your trying to sell something restricted, dangerous etc.) and you begin to see how bad the issue it.

But yeah as you pointed out you mildly inconvenienced that was the point you were making ;)

I ordered trainers from Reebok (the UK website )and ended up returning a pair. As it was being shipped to a warehouse in Holland I had to print off four pieces of A4 customs declaration/ pro forma invoice documents and attach one to the outside of the parcel (inside a plastic envelope) and the rest inside. Another benefit of taking back control.
I've had to do that returning parts for work since our parts come from Germany up until recently. They've now changed to an electronic return which is a lot easier. No reason why any company can't do it.

I've had to do that returning parts for work since our parts come from Germany up until recently. They've now changed to an electronic return which is a lot easier. No reason why any company can't do it.
How much time does it cost though? It might be easier but an employee's time still costs businesses money that must be recouped through product sales.

This is stuff I have to deal with in my day to day I may lead engineering teams but I'm directly involved in the program financials. you become acutely aware in the situation how much it costs a business to direct employees to do anything.

So his attorney has been caught lying to the judge and could face criminal prosecution and Trump has now walked out of the defamation trial during closing arguments. Given he has already been found liable for defaming her once, did so again and in this trial said he stood by his defamatory words, he is in pretty deep ****. I hope this ******* gets absolutely taken to the cleaners by the jury. It's well past time these scum started facing some consequences for their actions.

I'm fine thanks. My toner cartridge and the environment less so. For someone who was supposedly against Brexit its amazing how you seem to come to life whenever someone gives a real example of just how **** Brexit is.
Totally ignoring the fact that in context yes it is ******* awful. Sure it's not what's going on in Gaza but Jesus, what a moving of goalposts that is.

I wouldn't usually stick up for a purchaser of Reeboks but I felt compelled this time.

Which is a different point... I agree it's not been great, but complaining about minor inconveniences winds me up because it completely misses the crux of the issue.

Shouldn't be looking at major international relationships through the lens of "am I minority inconvenienced", it's just silly

Which is a different point... I agree it's not been great, but complaining about minor inconveniences winds me up because it completely misses the crux of the issue.

Shouldn't be looking at major international relationships through the lens of "am I minority inconvenienced", it's just silly
Why?
It doesn't mean we can't see the bigger **** ups as well. Many people are capable of more than 1 thought about huge, complex issues.
Why concentrate ONLY on the big **** ups and ignore the "death by a thousand cuts" - it's just silly.

To my mind, the above comes under the heading of "first world problems" - I didn't realise we weren't allowed to have a bit of a moan about first world problems.

I strongly suspect that your complaint about GM's complaint has amplified it massively in the eyes of everyone who's seen the post (to the point where it's taken almost a whole minute of attention for maybe a dozen people).
And to think - we could have spent that time in impotent annoyance at something a little more important - what a waste.

Why concentrate ONLY on the big **** ups and ignore the "death by a thousand cuts" - it's just silly.
To my mind, the above comes under the heading of "first world problems" - I didn't realise we weren't allowed to have a bit of a moan about first world problems.

I strongly suspect that your complaint about GM's complaint has amplified it massively in the eyes of everyone who's seen the post (to the point where it's taken almost a whole minute of attention for maybe a dozen people).
And to think - we could have spent that time in impotent annoyance at something a little more important - what a waste.

Or death by a thousand paper cuts in my case. Just to let everyone know that my printer and I are holding up well. It's been a brutal few days but we'll pull through.

It's Reebok I feel sorry for because if I'm ever faced with a 50/50 call when trying to decide whether to buy their trainers or Nike's then there's only going to be one winner. Go Brexit.

Last edited:
The best bit is this defamation trial was for what he did as president. There could be a third for the fact he defamed her again after the 1st one and during this trial. I've seen some people saying the numbers involved are ridiculous but people forget that the whole point of the large punishment is to act as a deterrent. Even $100,000s would not deter Trump from continuing, and it seems even millions will not deter him so now it's gone to 10's millions and could go into 100's millions. It will keep rising until he gets it into his thick head that he cannot just keep doing it.

Also laughable those who say it is all Biden's doing, he has had no input into this at all and has been very hands off on everything, including the investigation into his own son (hell he even allowed the investigation to have expanded powers and retain the same investigator when he would have been fully within his rights to cut the thing off when he came in if he wanted to.) Compare that to how heavily Trump interfered into investigations against him and it's baffling at how hypocritical and delusional those who support Republicans are, deflecting all their faults onto others.

Basically saying nothing will change. His supporters and opponents just claim it's proof either way and the only ones that I really matter are the neutrals and they are probably already alienated by his lawsuits.
This is a civil case brought by E Jean Carroll and Trump blames Biden for this 🤷‍♂️.

Latest posts