• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

That would be bigger news than a GE 😂

Some Tories asking for a no convidence vote in full panic mode
Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he'd got wind that the 1922 committee had been getting a new batch of letters, and beating them to the punch.

Always worth posting this site up.
Here's my MP - everyone's is on there.

Actions (voting in Westminster) are always more important than words (campaign promises).

Sky news saying that he's hoping the first flight(s) to Rwanda take off in June just before the election.

Very interested to see how much of Fabricant's majority gets eaten away - think he'll still win but hopefully be competitive this time

Very interested to see how much of Fabricant's majority gets eaten away - think he'll still win but hopefully be competitive this time
Hopefully all of it.
It'll be a question of how much the not-tory vote splits

I don't recall there being a summer/July GE before? Anyone trawl through the history books to know when was the last time?

Right bang dot before the QFs of the euros so Rishi sure as hell hope England get through to it.

Polls have Labour way in front but we know they are just polls and previous ones have got them so wrong when it comes to peeps actually voting in at the ballot box. I'll never forget 1992 when Kinnock was already celebrating before.

We have had June elections before.

I don't recall there being a summer/July GE before? Anyone trawl through the history books to know when was the last time?

Right bang dot before the QFs of the euros so Rishi sure as hell hope England get through to it.

Polls have Labour way in front but we know they are just polls and previous ones have got them so wrong when it comes to peeps actually voting in at the ballot box. I'll never forget 1992 when Kinnock was already celebrating before.

We have had June elections before.
20% would have to be catestrophically wrong. And local election polling has been about spot on.

It's usually May/June to coincide with locals.

20% would have to be catestrophically wrong. And local election polling has been about spot on.

It's usually May/June to coincide with locals.
I think Scotland will be key and of course the Red Wall they lost. Just have bad memories of the polls.

My area is definitely still Tory through and through regardless.

I think Scotland will be key and of course the Red Wall they lost. Just have bad memories of the polls.

My area is definitely still Tory through and through regardless.
It's mad how people's locations are so different. Mine is as red as they come then yellow.

News Agents on how stupid Sunak is with the decision to go to the polls. He's shown no political instincts what so ever.

As they said, sounds like Rishi has given up.
Yup the inflation figures are good but everything else is still a river of ****. Add in throwing local councillors under the bus, people like Andy Street probably keeping his seat during a GE and anyone involved in those campaigns your boots on the ground are fatigued massively and might not come out.

It makes little political sense when thought about. Going long post locals was the only sensible choice.

Not that I mind want the fuckers gone.

I think he's also going to leave the country with his family sometime post election, with one eye on protecting his wife's Infosys shares.

News Agents on how stupid Sunak is with the decision to go to the polls. He's shown no political instincts what so ever.
I still think it was a scramble to head off a leadership challenge. Letters to 1922 may not have been submitted, but he may well have got wind that they were going to (and after the locals, it was inevitable that there would be plenty, if not enough without an actual block like ERG submitting together).

It all seems to be far more about catching his internal rivals unaware than labour / LD / SNP off guard.

This post is especially for our (British) younger-adult members.

Make sure you are registered to vote: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Also, here's how to register for postal voting if you don't know where you'll be (or do know you won't be at home): https://www.gov.uk/apply-postal-vote - especially important for students.
If you prefer to vote in person, make sure you have the right photographic ID: https://www.gov.uk/how-to-vote/photo-id-youll-need

And finally, actually vote. Whatever your political views, VOTE, make your voice heard, and make sure the process is as truly representative as possible.

For students, you are eligible to vote in either of your addresses, term-time or parental - All things being equal (safe seats versus battlegrounds) I'd go with the university location - student towns tend to have lower turnouts, so your vote may go that little bit further.

Latest posts