• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's not the guns that are the problem argument it's the other people that are the problem argument. But the guns are just another means of being more effective at killing whether it is by suicide or other people on a mass scale.

If your argument truly stands up then states would outlaw semi automatic weapons like AR-15s. There is no use for those other than to kill other people and animals.
I didn't mean to suggest that guns are the root cause, that would be silly. That would be largely down to poverty as it is in any other country when you're talking about crime or delinquent behaviour but mental health as you rightly point out is also a factor for stuff like this.

I guess the question I would ask in response to your post would be, do you agree that a society should make lethal weapons so easily available that potentially mentally ill people can use them on themselves and/or other people?

I think your post supports my point about this perceived feeling in America that there is no problem with the gun culture over there. As I said earlier I think it's beyond repair anyway to be honest but I hope that over the next century or 2 attitudes will change and the U.S will catch up with the rest of western civilisation in this regard by banning them or heavily restricting them.
This requires a very deep and thorough response which I don't have time for. I will say that over the last 18 months trust in government has plunged, crime has skyrocketed, and gun sales surged with women being the fastest growing ownership group in the USA.

The mismanagement of COVID from nearly every country hasn't helped the popularity of Western Civilization and to be frank, most Americans don't want to live other Western nations.

I love how this investigation has lasted all of 2 hours before screwing up.

Honestly furious with this. How the **** can anyone even begin to defend this? All this continues to do is show a government that is mugging off the people and yet many of those people continue to think they are doing a good job.

Just stinks of a corrupt deal at the top of the Met to turn a blind eye to this. This is now apparently numerous breaches of it that there is no way they couldn't have noticed. It's either crass incompetence or collusion at this stage.

We've decided to not launch an investigation to gather evidence because we have decided that we have insufficient evidence right now.
Please note, there is at least one officer on duty in #10 at all times, and s/he keeps a log of all visitors.
We have made this decision without consulting with those on duty at the time, and without looking at this log.

They haven't got Allegra to stand on

Last edited:
That PMQ's was bad.
'What if we didn't have PMQ's?

Here's part of the problem we have the Electoral Commission are completely toothless.

Oh crap can't close parliment

Quick induce the wife "WOOOOOOO Paternity Leave"

Oh crap can't close parliment

Quick induce the wife "WOOOOOOO Paternity Leave"

Didn't they have one about a year ago?

He must be well into double figures by now

edit: Apparently admits to 7, strong rumours (i.e. it was said in court) he was 2 more, and then general rumours of more than that
Him and Rees-Mogg keeping Eton admissions up

Latest posts