• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally try to stay off this thread

But Johnsons's comments on Jo Cox were lower than low. It's f***ing pathetic.
I give less of **** about the bit where he said Jo would of wanted them to get on with Brexit. However the bit where he was pleased with to not use divisive language that leads to MPs and their families to get death threats and referee to it as never hearing so much humbug in his life.

Yeah that's the point for me where he's crossed a line where I legitimately can't understand how anyone can vote for him.

BJ's "new" stategy seems to be to be as rude, beligerent and obnoxious as humanly possible in order to goad his opponents to do what he wants them to in a fit of pique.

His performance yesterday is the most despicable I've ever seen in parliament

BJ's "new" stategy seems to be to be as rude, beligerent and obnoxious as humanly possible in order to goad his opponents to do what he wants them to in a fit of pique.

His performance yesterday is the most despicable I've ever seen in parliament

Also Sir Geoffrey Cox throwing a tantrum at Parliament for him giving the wrong legal advice to the Government was also a disgrace.

Also Sir Geoffrey Cox throwing a tantrum at Parliament for him giving the wrong legal advice to the Government was also a disgrace.
Yes, though at least he was justified in some of the meat of his message (client confidentiality, and not resigning because he lost a case) - just digraceful in the way he went about it (and calling parliament a sham, disgrace, no right to sit etc)

One of the staggering things for me is BoJo openly and repeatedly saying that the Supreme Court's ruling was wrong and that he disagrees with it and then following that up with a refusal to seek an extension in line with the law passed two weeks ago. He is essentially claiming that he is above the law and has no regard for it. What kind of example is that to be setting FFS?! This along with the language he used yesterday will inevitably lead to social unrest, riots, violence and potentially murder. And yet the Tories claim he has electoral stardust?! What does this say about all those Leaver morons who think he is fit for office. It didn't take long for him to displace May as the worst PM in recent times if not ever.

Yes, though at least he was justified in some of the meat of his message (client confidentiality, and not resigning because he lost a case) - just digraceful in the way he went about it (and calling parliament a sham, disgrace, no right to sit etc)

Yep, I was referring to his reaction, as opposed to the fact his advice was covered by legal professional privilege. The fact it was wrong was no secret, even though the area of prorogation is complex and not previously tested, so he wasn't entirely to blame as such for getting it wrong.

Government 0 - 7 Parliament
Parliament are, amazingly, not impressed with the idea that they close for a few days having just got back from bein illegally closed for several days

Hopefully they can take control of proceedings for every day of the Tory conference.

Then really f**k the c**ts up when half them aren't around.

I'd seen the suggestion before, and felt it a bit too tin-foil to repeat, but now Dominic Greive has suggested it too (in the Daily Hate, so here's a DoNotLinkIt: https://donotlink.it/RvJkG).

"I have been astonished to hear ministers talking up the possibility of civil disorder if we do not leave the EU on October 31.

"They are consistent with Mr Johnson's response in the Commons to female Labour MPs who said they had received threats because of Brexit. In effect, he told them the way to stop the threats was to deliver Brexit.

"And it is in line with Dominic Cummings' comment that the Government will leave on October 31 'by any means necessary'.

"The message coming from Downing Street is we have to leave by October 31 or there will be riots.

"My worry is that this is part of an orchestrated script and part of a Government policy to get around the law drafted by Labour MP Hilary Benn and approved by the Commons – with my support – designed to prevent the Prime Minister taking the UK out of the EU next month without a deal.

"MY SUSPICION IS THAT THEY MAY BE PLANNING TO USE THE 2004 CIVIL CONTINGENCIES ACT TO SUSPEND THAT LAW ON THE GROUNDS THAT OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE RIOTS BEFORE AND AFTERWARDS" .

"What I find most shocking is that ministers seem to be actively promoting this idea to justify invoking the Civil Contingencies Act and declaring a state of emergency."

I think anything they try will be tin foil hat. And quashed very quickly.

Honestly it's time for Swinson to back Corbyn for all of 5mins if the SNP have now caved. Get the Independent Tories and and Change UK as well.

Extend Article 50 and go to a GE (I'd prefer a referendum but don't think you'll get Corbyn backing)

Could be they are waiting until October 19th when Johnson doesn't extend for whatever reasons. That gives 12 days to trigger a motion of no confidence and install a caretaker government. So debate on who is the caretaker can last until then.

I think anything they try will be tin foil hat. And quashed very quickly.

Honestly it's time for Swinson to back Corbyn for all of 5mins if the SNP have now caved. Get the Independent Tories and and Change UK as well.

Extend Article 50 and go to a GE (I'd prefer a referendum but don't think you'll get Corbyn backing)

Could be they are waiting until October 19th when Johnson doesn't extend for whatever reasons. That gives 12 days to trigger a motion of no confidence and install a caretaker government. So debate on who is the caretaker can last until then.
That's my thought too.
Plan A: BJ requests the extension, owns it, parliament has another go pushing for a referendum, followed by GE, whilst BJ continues being humiliated every day until a GE around the first anniversary of the first Brexit day.
Plan B: BJ requests extension, owns it, loses VONC, GNU sets up a referendum, followed by a GE fought with some thought on domestic politicise.
Plan C: BJ doesn't request extension, criminal proceedings start, VONC happens, PM Corbyn requests an extension and calls a GE

Plan A just grinds BJ further into the dust, and makes removes any way out for him.
Plan B requires PM Clarke/Harman.
Plan C hands a political victory to Corbyn, and rules out a referendum until after any GE.

They'll still be horse-trading, though Sturgeon sticking her oar into Blackford's pond really, really doesn't help

If the SNP have caved into backing Corbyn then the rest will have to follow especially if the VONC needs to be held next week. They need to be sure they have the numbers before calling it. Corbyn as interim PM in a time limited administration is the lesser of two evils.

Another GE won't solve anything as polling suggests another hung parliament. Next week will be massive.

Would BoJo quit as Tory leader if he lost a VONC or would be stay on as leader of the opposition? I imagine the Tories would still see him as the man with electoral stardust and their best chance at winning a GE.

VONC doesn't have to occur next week actually doesn't have to occur until Johnson doesn't extend Article 50

Medium Games here folks instead of short. Johnson's is a total train wreck and it's better to leave him to fester. Break the law again than panic and get him out now. It's not like he can do anything.

Heard rumours they bringing in legislation for 16/17 years olds next week. Forcing Tories to be away from the conference.

VONC doesn't have to occur next week actually doesn't have to occur until Johnson doesn't extend Article 50

Medium Games here folks instead of short. Johnson's is a total train wreck and it's better to leave him to fester. Break the law again than panic and get him out now. It's not like he can do anything.

Heard rumours they bringing in legislation for 16/17 years olds next week. Forcing Tories to be away from the conference.

I think the intention to have it next week is to prevent BoJo, Cummings and co from any more chicanery. The longer they are in power the more opportunity they have to find loopholes or circumvent the law. Waiting until mid October after the EU Council meeting is very high risk. Who knows what they may try at that late stage in the game.

I think the intention to have it next week is to prevent BoJo, Cummings and co from any more chicanery. The longer they are in power the more opportunity they have to find loopholes or circumvent the law. Waiting until mid October after the EU Council meeting is very high risk. Who knows what they may try at that late stage in the game.
Equally though, the longer they are are in power, the deeper they dig their own holes, and the more they have to admit to failure.
Failure to pass any legislation
Failure to negotiate a deal
Failure to get bring back May's
Failure to leave on Halloween
Possible failure to not commit any crimes

The only reason to call a VONC before October 19 is because they've been goaded into it, or they think that BJ has found a loophole that will stand up in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts