• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hes very likely to lose twice

Limit of prorogation power: "A decision to prorogue will be unlawful if the prorogation has the effect of frustrating or preventing without reasonable justification the ability of parliament to carry out its constitutional functions".

Don't even have to prove motive only effect matters.

Oh he's getting a massive slapping

"This prolonged suspension of parliament democracy took place in quite exceptional circumstances. Parliament has a right to a voice in how that change came about."
"The effect on the fundamentals of our democracy was extreme. No justification has been put before the court." *******. Hell.

So parliament can sit again ASAP!

Unanimous from all 11

Boris still waiting for his first win

Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

I expected unanimous that it was jediciable, majority that it was unlawful, but letting it stand with a slap on the wrist, or putting the ball back in BJ's court; and some guidance for future prorogations

You know the BBC have really messed up their sound when the presenter goes "oh no" when no sound comes through.

Wow.

Bercow saying Commons must convene without delay.....I don't think "febrile" will begin cover what's coming next.

Anna Soubry is never one to miss an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and get some publicity.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

I expected unanimous that it was jediciable, majority that it was unlawful, but letting it stand with a slap on the wrist, or putting the ball back in BJ's court; and some guidance for future prorogations
I was expecting it to judiciabal but legal on ground in reality due to conferences not many days were legitimately lost therefore it didn't restrict parliment.

Unanimous decision pretty clear cut though.

god knows what the English court was thinking.

So Labour and Conservative party conferences now cancelled and return straight to Parliament?

Last edited:
Is anyone else pretty damn disturbed by the Thonberg thing?

The amount of people trying to spin a genuine passion as some sort of manipulative left wing BS, is disgusting. Going after her parents.
(Also reminded me why I hate a certain rugby podcast so damn much).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised we live in a world where Climate change is still viewed as a political alignment issue rather than the crisis it is.

Tigs we live in a world where the prime minister has acted unlawfully, lied to the queen and still might win a general election instead of having to resign on the spot.

Nothing should surprising.

Did he not win a 2nd leg but go out on away goals?

[vote for GE getting a majority, but not super-majority needed?]

Won the vote, lost the motion. However most opposing MPs didn't even bother to vote against as it was pointless, so a very, very hollow win indeed and for all intents and purposes, a loss.

Won the vote, lost the motion. However most opposing MPs didn't even bother to vote against as it was pointless, so a very, very hollow win indeed and for all intents and purposes, a loss.
Won by forfeit as the opposition didn't turn up as they already won the league.

Is anyone else pretty damn disturbed by the Thonberg thing?

The amount of people trying to spin a genuine passion as some sort of manipulative left wing BS, is disgusting. Going after her parents.
(Also reminded me why I hate a certain rugby podcast so damn much).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised we live in a world where Climate change is still viewed as a political alignment issue rather than the crisis it is.
Right wing American news guy posted an image comparing her to nazi propaganda.

It's insane.

Just overheard at work,

"Its just the personal opinion of the judges"

Yes, 11 unanimous judges who have been appointed as the foremost constitutional decision makers in the land making a judgement based on their interpretation of said constitution.

The ******** people say....

Just read that the cabinet didn't see the legal advice on prorogation. Astonishing.

70933395_397782777458685_1572716508675571712_n.jpg

71283096_1173877509465621_1942398487169597440_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts