• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some craic now...

What does Bozo do? The ruling gives him very little room to manoeuvre - the court ruled on effect, not intent. So the same trick again, regardless of reason given, will also be ruled against.

Folks are saying he needs to resign - no way will he. Him and his ilk have far too much riding financially on the UK needing to get out before the EU laws on offshore accounts come in. Not to mention the brass neck on him.

There will likely be a vote of no confidence, and it will likely pass. Then what happens after is the question. Can the opposition put together a coherent government of its own? I doubt it. But they might be able to put together a national government (Clarke/Harman) with remit to do two things.

1. Ask for an extension with EU.
2. After obtaining an extension, call a General Election.

Some craic now...

What does Bozo do? The ruling gives him very little room to manoeuvre - the court ruled on effect, not intent. So the same trick again, regardless of reason given, will also be ruled against.

Folks are saying he needs to resign - no way will he. Him and his ilk have far too much riding financially on the UK needing to get out before the EU laws on offshore accounts come in. Not to mention the brass neck on him.

There will likely be a vote of no confidence, and it will likely pass. Then what happens after is the question. Can the opposition put together a coherent government of its own? I doubt it. But they might be able to put together a national government (Clarke/Harman) with remit to do two things.

1. Ask for an extension with EU.
2. After obtaining an extension, call a General Election.

Thing is the last 4 years have been a continuous cycle of ridiculous and unpredictable events. I still don't think anyone has any idea as to what will happen now.

70993999_1184601865063218_8470647768048730112_n.jpg

Surely you mean

"Right wing American news can be compared to Nazi propaganda"?

:D
Top response was the same image but altered to show how identical some Fox news anchor was to the Nazi propaganda person he was trying to claim Greta looked like :D

This is glorious. Another extension to 31 January with a GE in November looks to be the most likely outcome assuming the Tories don't implode in the meantime. Would he dare break the law again and refuse to ask for the extension? What I love the most is that he'll be dogged with the lying to the Queen part throughout the election campaign and beyond. His attempt to circumvent democracy has backfired in spectacular fashion and caused him and the Tories real damage :)

Longer term, the ruling sets a pretty robust precedent that will prevent future toerag PMs from trying to abuse prorogation again.

Last edited:
Longer term, the ruling sets a pretty robust precedent that will prevent future toerag PMs from trying to abuse prorogation again.

I think John Major's intervention was quite pivotal.

By referencing well considered examples of what a PM could do if the court refused to pass judgement on the matter, he more or less forced their hand on part one of the case.

Wonder how many people will switch to the Lib Dems now ?.

Remember we wanted to take back control of our law making and our courts from being walked over by someone the British people didn't even vote for. Parliament must be sovereign again and no court must be above a British court! Btw it will be the easiest deal ever, we have all the cards and prorogation is nothing to do with Brexit.

It's just an endless stream of bullshit.

Ah well, they can always appeal it at the European court.

Trump impeachment enquiry set to be announced. Looks like he was trying to take down Joe Biden via some shady dealings with the Ukrainian President. Could he and BoJo both be toppled within a few months of each other. Here's hoping.

Well they won't get it through the Senate, which is Republican controlled.

Well they won't get it through the Senate, which is Republican controlled.
They won't get him removed from office - Republicans simply don't break ranks these days; but there comes a point where you do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because you're going to win.

In the mean time, Trump gets dragged over hot coals for all to see. How much good that will do, given his ability to ride 2-3 scandals a week for his entire term to date...
Any voter who was going to votre for Trump, won't be changing their minds on this - same goes for any who were going to vote against him.
I'm not convinced there can be many left who haven't decided which side of the fence they sit; and I don't see what this scandal will do to influence them that the previous 200 haven't.

Politically, what it might do is energise voters - from both sides of the fence.

Trump saying that he'll be transparent, and release everything immediately worries me that it might be a trap. More likely though, it's like the UK government being transparent and immediately releasing the enitre Yellowhammer report being releasing a redacted summary of the report.

You got to love the first input from a Northern Ireland MP (DUP - Nigel Dodds), at Westminster during questions to the PM: referencing Corbyn's "support" of terrorism and the IRA during the Troubles when judges were being killed. BoJo to his credit completely distanced himself from the comments but the DUP are a complete embarrassment.

MPs: "Brexit"
DUP: "what about the IRA"

You got to love the first input from a Northern Ireland MP (DUP - Nigel Dodds), at Westminster during questions to the PM: referencing Corbyn's "support" of terrorism and the IRA during the Troubles when judges were being killed. BoJo to his credit completely distanced himself from the comments but the DUP are a complete embarrassment.

MPs: "Brexit"
DUP: "what about the IRA"

All the while Wrightbus have folded with about 1400 redundancies (and probably double that from local supply chain imminently).

Which of course adds to Michelin and Gallaghers leaving Ballymena all under Ian Og's watch... But I guess its hard to keep an eye on things when your off on a tax-payer funded jolly looking for bribes in the Maldives.

Generally try to stay off this thread

But Johnsons's comments on Jo Cox were lower than low. It's f***ing pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.