• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson continuing to be defiant. This is going back to the Supreme Court.

So, does this uncover the smoke around his deal as being a farce to get a no-deal at end of October anyway?

So, does this uncover the smoke around his deal as being a farce to get a no-deal at end of October anyway?
More or less but if he refuses to send the letter we really are in **** creek.

Ah, I think the courts will have something to say about that (however reluctantly they may be).

The PM is not above the law.

Sounds like they are trying double speak. Refering to the letter as parliaments letter even thought the prime minister will send it.

Can't a letter come from a number of different people if BoJo refuses?
I'm sure the EU said it doesn't have to be explicitly the Prime Minister that sends - I've got a vague feeling that Bercow was on the list?

So, does a VONC go through the moment an extension request is made?
The delay has been (ostensibly) to force the request, and the request wil be allowed if parliament is rebelling like that (but may not just to let us talk about it)

The longer Pasty Cockwomble is left in #10, the worse his election chances, so does Corbyn hold off in the hopes of an extension anyway, gamble on a denial of this deal, and then file VONC?

Last edited:
Can't a letter come from a number of different people if BoJo refuses?
I'm sure the EU said it doesn't have to be explicitly the Prime Minister that sends - I've got a vague feeling that Bercow was on the list?

I heard it has to be from HM Government which supposedly could be the cabinet secretary or the PM unless there is a published list of signatories. Something will be sent but will be framed as Parliament's letter for political purposes.

I heard it has to be from HM Government which supposedly could be the cabinet secretary or the PM unless there is a published list of signatories. Something will be sent but will be framed as Parliament's letter for political purposes.
lWrangling appears that what will happen is the EU won't say something but add pressure by not granting it immediately.

... and it wouldn't be "unlawful" this time, it would be "illegal" wouldn't it?

Johnson's shown he is full of shite. So let's wait and see the Supreme Court force him to comply or gets someone to post the letter.

In other news, I officially became a Swedish citizen yesterday so Cockwomble can shove his deal up his arse.

Congratulations.

In other news, I officially became a Swedish citizen yesterday so Cockwomble can shove his deal up his arse.
******* I have no rights to dual citizenship, although more importantly my wife has said no to moving. I am allowed to consider Scotland should they go independent though.

******* I have no rights to dual citizenship, although more importantly my wife has said no to moving. I am allowed to consider Scotland should they go independent though.

Scotland will welcome anyone south of the border and will fast track those who can improve the prospects of their rugby team.

My wife(ish) is French, and refuses to leave the UK :(

We will need people to come here and make babies, independent or not. Might I recommend West Linton? A pleasant village on the outskirts of Edinburgh where 1 in 5 of the population are English (which is meant to the record for a Scottish settlement).

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/scotland/scottish_borders/S19001257__west_linton/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts