• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 42 v Wales 9 FT. Saturday 19 June 2010 - Dunedin.

Oh dear ... things have gotten worse ... you know this when Huw Bennett comes on :lol:.

Bishop needs to come off, don't think he has been that good.

Counter attacks - this is why NZ are better than the majority of sides. Capitalising on the other team's mistakes, I don't know how many tries they score from it.

Yep, and for me are the best team in the world.

Wales looked to have given up ... kick was poor there.

Oh dear ... things have gotten worse ... you know this when Huw Bennett comes on :lol:.

Bishop needs to come off, don't think he has been that good.

For the first 50 I thought Bishop was our best performer, but he's cocked it now.

Well Kahui justifies being given the free pass back into the side with many a good play and an unbelievable try! The defence was a little lame though.

This is not the side from the first half though, they've folded which is a damn shame with the class on show early.

Do you reckon we'll ever see Wales perform for 80 minutes ever?

NZ sure know how to captitalise on people mistakes, against most other teams in the world, if Wales had put in a performance like that they wouldn't have lost by 30-odd points

Woodcock made a big impression when he came on, he strengthed the scrum and was brilliant in the loose

Well done to the ABs, good game, well worth getting up early for

Last edited:
At the end of the night we didn't have our chalk crossed so I hope this stands us in good stead for the Tri-Nations, but really who knows until we have to front up to the might of South Africa. Whatever happens there I think we're in better shape than last year by about 20%.

Well Wales look terrible. It's been proven again that the gulf between the major northern and southern hemisphere sides is not getting any smaller.

Last edited:
For the majoirty we didn't look terrible. For about 55 minutes I think we were competitive. But then something goes in our heads and it's game over - a mistake leading to a try, a penalty conceded, a knock-on; whatever. There's a mentality we possess that means we will not compete properly with any good side for a long time.

was quite hopeful after the way we started, but like you said we havn't got that winning mentality to last a whole 80 minutes.

Poor Wales, they were looking so good the first half, i thought if they had applied more pressure in the second it would have been a very close game.

I thought the Blacks D was stepped up from last week, great game.

Now for England and Austrahlia

As usual Wales were again taught a rugby lesson in the 2nd half. We looked competitive in the first half, despite never actually looking to get over the try line =( . New Zealand stepped up a gear 2nd half and just found gaps everywhere. Just shows that Wales haven't got a 22 man squad strong enough to play against the Top sides. Also we need to be more street wise when in the tackle area and on the floor, Mc Caw and co knew which ruck to and not to hit. and when they did 95% of the time they had the ball back (legally and illegally).... but i guess play to the ref. Bring on next week i guess :S

As usual Wales were again taught a rugby lesson in the 2nd half. We looked competitive in the first half, despite never actually looking to get over the try line =( . New Zealand stepped up a gear 2nd half and just found gaps everywhere. Just shows that Wales haven't got a 22 man squad strong enough to play against the Top sides. Also we need to be more street wise when in the tackle area and on the floor, Mc Caw and co knew which ruck to and not to hit. and when they did 95% of the time they had the ball back (legally and illegally).... but i guess play to the ref. Bring on next week i guess :S

Yep, both teams were guilty at times. Watched it very closely this week and some debatable action at ruck time from both squads. I guess it's a matter of speed in relation to doing that, which is really part of the game.

Will Greenwood made an interesting comment regarding the conditioning, that while the Welsh were 'gym fit', the Kiwis were hard coded to go the distance. Alludes to a fair point when we remember how England used to take control in the last 20 minutes once the opposition were gassed.

At the start, Wales competed on nearly equal footing, but when they got tired NZ were ableto cut loose.

Ominous for the World Cup.

Missing key players really hurt the Welsh performance. The backup available needs to step up and stop moaning they are not good enough, they need to wear the shirt with pride a little. To be honest some of the players towards the end let that red shirt down, their attitude, there were little glimpses of people giving up, Lee Byrne body language at the end was disappointing to see. Boys need to fight a little harder. Halfpenny was pretty outstanding today for Wales really put himself about. I can't think of anyone else who looked decent for Wales. Bishop was good for the first half but then went anonymous second half.

Saying that NZ never gave Wales a sniff in the second half. Carter and Mealamu were a class act and Kahui was simply outstanding. Scary how good these guy's are on the counter attack. Struggled at scrum time today NZ. Franks brothers given a working over. Woodock came on and solidified the front row. But I suspect once again Adam Jones has taken a knock.

@Wally Living up to to the name ... :rolleyes:

Latest posts