Last edited:
Yey!

Leicester
Sale
Saracens
Saints
Brizzle
Exeter Racists (I'm joking)

Why do we still use the London Wasps logo?

Finally a proper competition.

Manu and Freddie apparently both fit, first time Tigers will get to start with a first choice front row for the first game since 2010/11 season.

Will be interesting to see who our back row will be.

For me
will be too close to call IMO
Falcons
Sarries
Quins
Exeter

Why do we still use the London Wasps logo?

Because I can't be arsed photoshopping a Coventry Cockroaches logo.

(Or, more accurately, it completely passed me by to change the logo - will get onto it, though).

Edit: done

Last edited:
My predictions:
Tigers to win, and then the rest will be home wins.

We rarely travel well to Newcastle, and always start the season slowly - we'll also have a few new players knocking about in important positions that will need to bed in.
Going off some previous trips up there it could be as exciting as a 6-3 or a 12-9

Quins absolutely need to beat Bristol on Saturday.

Our next four games are a brutal start - Sale (A), Exeter (A), Saracens (H) and Wasps (A). It doesn't get much tougher than that and then to make life easier, most of our best players leave for the AIs ... :eek:

Corbisiero has just announced that he's going to be working with NBC as their analyst for their AP coverage this season.

Decent gig for him to land, but also good for growing the game as any new fans who catch it get the insight of a current(ish) pro and can follow him back into the game next year.

Manu and Freddie apparently both fit, first time Tigers will get to start with a first choice front row for the first game since 2010/11 season.

So Manu and Freddie are your first choice front row? ;)

TBF Manu wouldn't look out of place there.

For some reason I then started to think of a load of places Manu would look out of place in. For some bizarre reason I've now got a mental image of him as a matador stuck in my head...

For some reason I then started to think of a load of places Manu would look out of place in. For some bizarre reason I've now got a mental image of him as a matador stuck in my head...

I'm not sure about matador but he'd do alright as one of the Bulls.

Gloucester announced the squad I roughly expected, except for the surprise of Billy Burns at 10 ahead of Hook.

Gloucester Rugby:

15. Tom Marshall; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Matt Scott, 12, Billy Twelvetrees, 11. Henry Purdy; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Greig Laidlaw (capt); 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. John Afoa; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Mariano Galarza; 6. Ross Moriarty, 7. Matt Kvesic, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Darren Dawidiuk, 17. Paddy McAllister, 18. Paul Doran-Jones, 19. Joe Latta, 20. Jacob Rowan, 21. Willi Heinz, 22. James Hook, 23. Gareth Evans

Tigers team, Evans on the bench Manu and freddie starting
Leicester Tigers (v Gloucester Rugby, away, Friday September 2, 7.45pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Telusa Veainu
13 Peter Betham
12 Manusamoa Tuilagi
11 JP Pietersen
10 Freddie Burns
9 Sam Harrison
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Ed Slater
5 Dom Barrow
6 Luke Hamilton
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Dan Cole
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Will Evans
21 Ben Youngs
22 Matt Smith
23 Adam Thompstone

Can you imagine being the Burns brothers' parents for this game? Wondering where it all went wrong with Freddie.

Sale Sharks: 15. Byron McGuigan, 14. Will Addison, 13. Sam James, 12. Johnny Leota, 11. Nev Edwards, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Mike Phillips, 1. Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Halani Aulika, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Josh Beaumont (c), 7. TJ Ioane, 8. Laurence Pearce

Replacements: 16. Neil Briggs, 17. James Flynn, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Jonathan Mills, 20. Magnus Lund, 21. David Seymour, 22. James Mitchell, 23. Dan Mugford

Surprised to see Beaumont and Pearce that way round, also to see Philips starting over Stringer - rest as expected. I reckon we'll stick with the 6-2 bench split until one of Haley/Arscott/Charnley is available

Can you imagine being the Burns brothers' parents for this game? Wondering where it all went wrong with Freddie.

Well clearly Freddie is the only one with a brain.

Sale Sharks: 15. Byron McGuigan, 14. Will Addison, 13. Sam James, 12. Johnny Leota, 11. Nev Edwards, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Mike Phillips, 1. Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Halani Aulika, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Josh Beaumont (c), 7. TJ Ioane, 8. Laurence Pearce

Replacements: 16. Neil Briggs, 17. James Flynn, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Jonathan Mills, 20. Magnus Lund, 21. David Seymour, 22. James Mitchell, 23. Dan Mugford

Surprised to see Beaumont and Pearce that way round, also to see Philips starting over Stringer - rest as expected. I reckon we'll stick with the 6-2 bench split until one of Haley/Arscott/Charnley is available

Pearce and Beaumont will prob rotate quite often.

No Odogwu?

- - - Updated - - -

1 Jon Welsh
2 Scott Lawson
3 Taione Vea
4 Calum Green
5 Will Witty
6 Evan Olmstead
7 Will Welch (captain)
8 Mark Wilson

9 Sonatane Takulua
10 Mike Delany
11 Sinoti Sinoti
12 Juan Pablo Socino
13 Chris Harris
14 Vereniki Goneva
15 Simon Hammersley

Replacements

16 Ben Sowrey
17 Alex Rogers
18 Sam Lockwood
19 Opeti Fonua
20 Callum Chick
21 Sam Egerton
22 Joel Hodgson
23 Dominic Waldouck

Odogwu was signed to the Jets not the senior side,
He'll likely get senior rugby this season but not for a while.

12 Manusamoa Tuilagi

Just noticed that Manu's christian name is an anagram of Samu Manoa.

I'm probably years late to the party, but is there a South Sea island subtlety somewhere that has eluded me, or pure coincidence?

Latest posts