• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 7

Bath have started very strongly vs Chiefs.
Then again, they often do start strongly before fading badly...

Paul James is scrummaging very very well. It's a shame he'll (presumably) have to play tighthead for Wales.

Bath have started very strongly vs Chiefs.
Then again, they often do start strongly before fading badly...

Paul James is scrummaging very very well. It's a shame he'll (presumably) have to play tighthead for Wales.
Paul James is very likely the best scrummaging loosehead in Europe.

Cheeky from Hipkiss preventing the quickthrow while in the bin and he gets himself a red card for his troubles!

Bath did well to keep Exeter out at the end, felt for sure they'd get the try.

Edit: Just watching Glaws vs Tigers now: Sharples with a try after 48 seconds!

Freddie Burns is as class as Tom Youngs is sh**!
I think, apart from the kick for Sharples try, every single kick from both sides has been absolutely terrible - it's almost funny they've been that bad. Every time someone puts boot to ball it's out on the full or over the dead ball line or gone sideways.

Holy sh*t some of Gloucester's backs play is outstanding.
Tom Youngs is SUCH A DICK.
I actually hate him - and as I say that he randomly slaps a Gloucester player in the back of the head for no reason.

JSD showing some Alec Guinness (genuine class) there!

Last edited:
Didn't get to the game/hear the commentary (bloody work) but sounds like we had grounds for a penalty try (on two occasions) right at the death - repeated scrum infringements (4 penalties in a row, yet not a sniff of a card or PT) and then Paul Hodgson with an illegal tackle on Will Addison to knock him into touch preventing a try (injuring himself/Addison in the process).

Normally you'd think a losing BP away from home is an average result, but not good enough today -especially as (again, going off reports) we were on top of Worcester for the majority of the game (including the scrum - Tony Buckley marmalising Matt "Englands Saviour (if you listen to Warriors fans)" Mullan).

Will wait to watch the game when it goes on the premiership site to see how much of this is silver-lining-searching though!

I have to say our scrum wasnt amazing at the end of the game, Mullan was doing a good job from what i saw but andress is poor letting the whole pack down. A fair result would have been a draw as both sides played well in places but worcester have been robbed so many times in the past that i was actually glad we got this win. The paul hodson tackle was truly epic even though slightly ilegal but i liked the commitment he gave to give us the win. Furthermore sale suck :p

Absolute game of the season this, qualityyyyyyyy
I have honestly never been so nervous and excited whilst watching rugby. What a game. It felt like a final. Only wish I could have been there.

And to think we're missing Morgan, Hamilton (a big loss in the scrum particularly), Trinder, Brown, Dawidiuk, May, Hazell, Mills. Most of them are first-teamers.

just shows what a squad mentality Nigel Davies has brought to Gloucester. Last season, we were a XV and replacements/injuries worried fans. Now, it's only Burns and 12T we need to keep safe.

And JSD - there isn't a single flaw in his game. He's the biggest ball-in-hand threat England has. He's fast, deceptive (in the same way Shane is), has a great sidestep. He's solid in defense. His discipline is exceptional (264 games for Gloucester and not even one yellow card). He's intelligent, always looking for someone to pass to. People say injuries have limited his career, but there have been so many times when he has been overlooked. He was fit during the WC, we took Banahan. He was fit for the 6N, we took Strettle. He's fit now, we called Monye up. I hope both him and Gloucester continue to show England what they're missing.

Last edited:
IAnd JSD - there isn't a single flaw in his game. He's the biggest ball-in-hand threat England has. He's fast, deceptive (in the same way Shane is), has a great sidestep. He's solid in defense. His discipline is exceptional (264 games for Gloucester and not even one yellow card). He's intelligent, always looking for someone to pass to. People say injuries have limited his career, but there have been so many times when he has been overlooked. He was fit during the WC, we took Banahan. He was fit for the 6N, we took Strettle. He's fit now, we called Monye up. I hope both him and Gloucester continue to show England what they're missing.

100% agree with all that and "safety first" approach of the England set up is appalling....come on lads, you have got the job now so DO IT!!

Two very entertaining games and the last 20 minutes of the Glawster game positvely nail biting as an anyone but Leicester man!!!

As for Saints, I went off Mallender two years ago when I noticed that he substituted by the book written before the game and because of his complaceny with three nonenties at 10 (Myler, Lambd and do not forget Gerraty) why does he not just go for Nicky Robinson as well..............the unluckiest thing for Saints fans was his not getting the England job! Could be a shoe in for sarries this season..............

I think the knives will be out for Mallender soon if he doesn't whip Saints back into shape sharpish. There's been a steady decline in the quality over the past 2 years. Apologisers will blame the World Cup last year and injuries this, but that is his job to overcome just like every other team deals with.

There appears to be no strength in depth and the attitude is phoned in.

Saints were not just beaten yesterday, they were humiliated on their own patch. And to make it worse, the Sarries team who dished it out were bloody awful themselves. Its no lie to say they left a TBP on the field from their own sloppy handling and schoolboy errors - tripping over each other, dummy runners crossing etc.

Boot up the arse time.

I think the knives will be out for Mallender soon if he doesn't whip Saints back into shape sharpish. There's been a steady decline in the quality over the past 2 years. Apologisers will blame the World Cup last year and injuries this, but that is his job to overcome just like every other team deals with.

There appears to be no strength in depth and the attitude is phoned in.

Saints were not just beaten yesterday, they were humiliated on their own patch. And to make it worse, the Sarries team who dished it out were bloody awful themselves. Its no lie to say they left a TBP on the field from their own sloppy handling and schoolboy errors - tripping over each other, dummy runners crossing etc.

Boot up the arse time.

Poor management, apologists, overrated loyalty to players, sloppy handling, poor recruitment, schoolboy errors, no strength in dpeth, no fly half, once great club.............you could be talking about Biarritz!!

Welcome to the world of utter frustration................

Sloppy start to the Irish/Quins game
Charge down try for Irish followed by an intercept for Quins.

It has all the atmosphere of a Rabo game....where are they all?!!

Looking forward to this with the backs on view and to seeing Botica again but not a lot seems to have happened so far!

Probably an average sized Aviva Premiership crowd there, it's just that Irish play in a big (25k) stadium so that 7-8k people is spread around so it looks poor.

Probably an average sized Aviva Premiership crowd there, it's just that Irish play in a big (25k) stadium so that 7-8k people is spread around so it looks poor.

Appreciate that as used to go there for many a game when working in the area a few years back but there was a lot more noise (drums etc) from them then than today.................something to do with the standard of play probably!! Mind you as Brown being carded there was a ripple of noise!!

Edit - "interesting" that Austin Powers thinks it has been a good game to watch.........!

Last edited:
Yep, because it was.

I would agree if only because Austin Powers thought not...........very entertainiing second half and finish though made it wothwhile hanging in!! Thought Botica had quiet game but still showed he is going to be a good player in the very near future with some excellent passes and his kicking was also very good. Saints could do worse................Quins going to have a job keeping him, Rory Clague and Evans if he stays?

Latest posts