• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barbarians FC - Ireland (29/05/2012, 19:45)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale

Kingsholm (29/05/2012, 19:45)
eFhoa.png
Versus Super.png
Ireland.png
???? Don't know if this being televised, can't find any mention of it.​

If this won't be shown I'm going to be annoyed love watching Baa-baa matches.

FFS. I hear he's looking to get Toyota involved too.

I can understand Butler kind of but why bring in to number 8's making a 24 with 6 backrowers and no actual fullback?

I can understand Butler kind of but why bring in to number 8's making a 24 with 6 backrowers and no actual fullback?

I've not seen too much of Butler, but when I did he was pants when Munster lost to Aironi

can Ireland really not get Rhys Ruddock from the Leinster squad?

surely better for him to play against the Barbarians than doing nothing for Leinster

Because the Baabaas are too cheap to put up for the Ryanair flights across to Dublin?

Ireland: 15 Keith Earls, 14 Craig Gilroy, 13 Darren Cave, 12 Paddy Wallace, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Ronan O'Gara (captain), 9 Conor Murray, 8 Peter O'Mahony, 7 Chris Henry, 6 John Muldoon, 5 Donnacha Ryan, 4 Dan Tuohy, 3 Declan Fitzpatrick, 2 Mike Sherry, 1 Brett Wilkinson.

Replacements: 16 Rory Best, 17 Ronan Loughney, 18 Donncha O'Callaghan, 19 James Coughlan, 20 Paul Marshall, 21 Nevin Spence, 22 Andrew Trimble

Happy with that. Would have liked to see Marshall at 9 and Madsers at to (he didn't play that much of the final in fairness) but what are ye gonna do. It's very much a Barbarians style back three anyway.

Dislike the look of the bench with regard to the forwards. Aside from Best, I don't see any of them contributing anything really. Still, our starting locks are rather tasty.

EDIT: It's not being shown on TV by the by.

Happy with that. Would have liked to see Marshall at 9 and Madsers at to (he didn't play that much of the final in fairness) but what are ye gonna do. It's very much a Barbarians style back three anyway.

Dislike the look of the bench with regard to the forwards. Aside from Best, I don't see any of them contributing anything really. Still, our starting locks are rather tasty.

EDIT: It's not being shown on TV by the by.

Yeah, agree with that, I hope the backs are used off the bench, I'd like to see Marshall and Spence in Irish jerseys. I don't think Spence is up to international standard but I wouldn't mind if I was proved wrong.

Can't complain too much with that team really, seeing as the Leinster boys are missing. As much as Paddy Wallace isn't up to international standard he's been on good form and by starting him it will add some experience aswell as help Cave step into the international prospective. The back three some Ireland's best finishers however defensively the backline looks quite weak so it will be pivotal that our pack gets on top and we keep possession as that team has some of the most dangerous outside back Ireland have to offer and they can, given some space rip through any team.

Barbarians: 15 Cedric Heymans, 14 Paul Sackey, 13 Mike Tindall, 12 Damien Traille, 11 Sailosi Tagicakibau, 10 Felipe Contepomi, 9 Rory Lawson, 8 Raphael Lakafia, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Mamuka Gorgodze, 5 Cornelius Van Zyl, 4 Mick O'Driscoll (capt), 3 John Afoa, 2 Benoit August, 1 Duncan Jones.
Replacements: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 Neemia Tialata, 18 Pelu Taele, 19 Akapusi Qera, 20 Richie Rees, 21 Stephen Donald, 22 Isa Nacewa.

THe Barbarians havent a bad team this tour, but Mick O driscoll inclusion isnt great, wouldnt have made him captain either.

I wonder how Zebo will do starting for the first time, his form has been up and down.

THe Barbarians havent a bad team this tour, but Mick O driscoll inclusion isnt great, wouldnt have made him captain either.

I wonder how Zebo will do starting for the first time, his form has been up and down.

Heaven forbid you let a player captain the team in his last ever professional game against the team he's played it for the last god knows how long. :rolleyes: