• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks moan to SANZAR

No, but i did read the book. I'm in the TV industry as a Sound Engineer, and i also write scripts for some shows. So, i know what the lingo is.

very mature response and its not the first time ive heard it, im just not fast enough on a computer to worry about that sought of stuff and i couldnt give a **** on a kids forum to be honest

Is that why your typing like a kid?

And you call sivivatu an idiot winger ?I would love to see you say it to his face

No, but i did read the book. I'm in the TV industry as a Sound Engineer, and i also write scripts for some shows. So, i know what the lingo is.

A little off topic, but by any chance can you explain why we can sometimes here the communications between the touch judges (on TV obviously)
Ive only heard it when games are played in Aus, and sometimes NZ
Especially remember one of the Sharks games (against the Brumbies or Waratahs) where the 'assitant' referees were focusing solely on the Sharks players, in regards to ahead of the kicker and such.
Think that one ref (thankfully I can't remember his name) that 'cost' the game for the Sharks was involved.

Last edited:
You just gonna love the interest a bit of controversy generates! The thread about that rugby player from NZ who basically recovered from being brain-dead gets 1 page MAX. A simple gripe like this gets 7 pages within a day. Society and it's priorities.

My take on this is that PdV must shut up. He is still making amateur mistakes in the media, getting his words mixed up and what not. This constant *****ing after he feels he's been hard done by must stop. The public media is not the platform! Like Jer1cho said, we need a leader out of him.
I think one of the main things that is the root of this is the ego that the Boks have developed, PdV especially. An ego in sport is utterly useless. Lose the ego guys, take the lesson on the chin.

And as just a little side note to the sections of the NZ public who seem to be reveling in this: We haven't issued death threats yet *cough*Wayne Barnes*cough*moan of the century*cougggghhhhhh*

Bedreig = threaten
Bedrieg = to cheat or con someone

2 different words in Dutch. People should stop thinking that Dutch and Afrikaans is the same ;) I speak both, and I can tell you, it's definitely not the same

Bedrieg is a proper Afrikaans word, obviously directly inherited from the dutch, but as with most of Afrikaans the purest form of the dialect is slowly becoming phased out as less and less people speak it properly. Old pure Afrikaans is actually much closer related to Dutch than what you may think, totally not the same but a lot closer than what most speak today.

I would use, as an Afrikaner, bedrieg if someone has committed fraud for example. With regards to PDIV I think NAte (and by association Google translate) is fine to use the word bedrieg. Because we rugby fans, on both sides of the pond are being fraudulently disowned from enjoying a good 3N thanks to Div. This is now a one horse race IMO because of Div's own mistakes which he just can not seem to take responsibility for, putting the blame on everyone's shoulders but his own.

The ***le of this thread is also bedriegend. Because it implies that Springbok players are complaining to Sanzar. Infact Div has only moaned to the media,he has not gone through the right channels.

Bedreig (or simpliefied dreig) is also used in Afrikaans if you want to threaten someone. For example, I have no doubt that the IRB will "bedreig" DIV and SARU with a massive fine, courtesy of Paddy because of this. A comment like what Div made brings the game in disrepute. With the justice 4 Bakkies armband saga fresh on the IRB books they will not only stop at threatening with the fine, they will enforce it. Just look at what happened to Venter at Sarries.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but by any chance can you explain why we can sometimes here the communications between the touch judges (on TV obviously)
Ive only heard it when games are played in Aus, and sometimes NZ
Especially remember one of the Sharks games (against the Brumbies or Waratahs) where the 'assitant' referees were focusing solely on the Sharks players, in regards to ahead of the kicker and such.
Think that one ref (thankfully I can't remember his name) that 'cost' the game for the Sharks was involved.

Its down to the producers of the broadcast, so perhaps the Fox Sport producers do this and others don't.

The other thing I would say is that how clearly you hear the match officials' audio is often down to the awareness of the commentators. In that regard, for all the criticism leveled at the NZ commentators Mexted, Johnson,and Nisbett, and the the Aussies, they actually know enough to be quiet while the referee is talking to a player or an Assistant Ref. I find watching Six Nations rugby with the UK commentators Stuart Barnes, Brian Moore and Miles Harrison etc, bloody frustrating because they will not shut the f**k up while the referee speaks. More than once I have heard Barnes gobbing off the whole time over the top of the referee's explanation, and then say "I have no idea what that penalty was for!" DOH!
30.gif

Its down to the producers of the broadcast, so perhaps the Fox Sport producers do this and others don't.

The other thing I would say is that how clearly you hear the match officials' audio is often down to the awareness of the commentators. In that regard, for all the criticism leveled at the NZ commentators Mexted, Johnson,and Nisbett, and the the Aussies, they actually know enough to be quiet while the referee is talking to a player or an Assistant Ref. I find watching Six Nations rugby with the UK commentators Stuart Barnes, Brian Moore and Miles Harrison etc, bloody frustrating because they will not shut the f**k up while the referee speaks. More than once I have heard Barnes gobbing off the whole time over the top of the referee's explanation, and then say "I have no idea what that penalty was for!" DOH!
30.gif

I'd prefer that to be honest :lol:

Former Wallabies hooker Brendan Cannon is in hot water for branding Springboks coach Peter de Villiers a "clown" and a puppet over his latest outlandish comments.
While Tri-Nations governing body SANZAR may censure de Villiers for suggesting South Africa were victims of a World Cup conspiracy in their two losses in New Zealand, Cannon has been forced to apologise for his response.
The 42-Test hooker will issue an on-air apology to the Springboks camp after ridiculing the coach following his extraordinary comments on Fox Sports Rugby Club program on Wednesday night.
"I've got my own observations about the last two Tests, and maybe I can't say it in public, but we do have a World Cup in New Zealand next year and maybe it was the right thing for them to win the games so they can attract more people to the games next year," de Villiers said.
A panellist on The Rugby Club, Cannon upset South African officials by belittling de Villiers and suggesting he was a puppet coach.
"I can't believe that senior players like John Smit and Victor Matfield allow themselves to be controlled by this guy," he said.
"He is a clown. He surely does not coach the team."
Springboks spokesperson Anthony Mackaiser on Thursday delivered Fox Sports, a Tri-Nations broadcast rights holder, an ultimatum they immediately apologise or no longer have on-air access to South African players or management.
A Fox Sports spokesman on Friday confirmed the apology would occur at the start of Saturday night's Test coverage at Suncorp Stadium.
"Canno will make a public apology when we open the coverage on Saturday night," he told AAP.
De Villiers, though, remains on thin ice as SANZAR investigates his comments, which have stemmed from his frustrations over refereeing and judicial decisions in New Zealand.
He's been shaking his head at why northern hemisphere referees have controlled the opening two Tests which the All Blacks won comfortably after South Africa had men sin-binned early in both.
Lock Bakkies Botha was also suspended for the entire Tri-Nations for headbutting Jimmy Cowan in the 32-12 loss in Auckland while winger Jean de Villiers was banned for three weeks for a dangerous tackle on Rene Ranger in the 31-17 Wellington defeat.
De Villiers was particularly unhappy how Irish referees Alan Lewis and Alain Rolland controlled the breakdown in both matches.
Another Irishman, George Clancy, will control Saturday night's clash with the Wallabies in Brisbane, where the Springboks haven't won since 1971.
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/article/-/7634574/exwallaby-sorry-clown-comment
More and more people are having to apologise for insulting PdV (often former players)...it gets to the point when you've got to make it a two way thing. PdV can't say idiotic things, and yet be exempt from any criticism. It's obsurd.

Totally Agree with you Nickdnz,

Think it is disgusting that someone has to apologies for voicing his opinion on a rugby talk show.

Is this Bok outfit THAT insecure?

Totally Agree with you Nickdnz,

Think it is disgusting that someone has to apologies for voicing his opinion on a rugby talk show.

Is this Bok outfit THAT insecure?

Wouldn't be the players, I reckon. 100% PDV's fault.

30.gif

I understand what you are saying, but I am refering more specifically to, whats seems to me, a technical glitch. This 'glitch' is when you can hear the ongoing communication between the 2 touch judges, whilst play is going on. And this doesn't happen often, I think the most I heard it was in 4 or 5 games down under this S14
e.g. The attacking team puts up an up-and-under. Linesman A uses his radio to tell linesman B to watch out for non-retreating players from the defending side, whilst Linesman A watches for players from the attacking side.
You can hear right throughout the game

I stumbled across this on youtube and found it pretty hilarious:

And the Springboks wonder why people are accusing them of being a dirty team..

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you stumbled across this or did you go looking for it ranger?....lol

Everyone knows the boks can play dirty thats old news and so do some other countries.

Geez their is some bad ones in there..oh well their eyes are still in the sockets so its carry on lol

Are you sure you stumbled across this or did you go looking for it ranger?....lol

Everyone knows the boks can play dirty thats old news and so do some other countries.

Geez their is some bad ones in there..oh well their eyes are still in the sockets so its carry on lol

Haha i was actually looking at college football highlights and then one recommended video lead to the next and before i knew it i was on that. I guess thats what happens when you get the day off and it rainy and **** outside.

Notice that it's 3 players.

Bakkies Botha
Butch James
Bismark du Plessis

All 3 of whom i condemn being anywhere near the Bok jersey due to this very reason. They are brain dead, and look for trouble.

Obviously though because of those 3, our whole team are dirty thugs.

Yeah, let's not rubbish anyone's national team please. It's gotten pretty old, and the crap that made so many Aussy and NZ members leave not so long ago, could well make many South African's leave this time around. It's not needed so can we please stop it.

I understand what you are saying, but I am refering more specifically to, whats seems to me, a technical glitch. This 'glitch' is when you can hear the ongoing communication between the 2 touch judges, whilst play is going on. And this doesn't happen often, I think the most I heard it was in 4 or 5 games down under this S14
e.g. The attacking team puts up an up-and-under. Linesman A uses his radio to tell linesman B to watch out for non-retreating players from the defending side, whilst Linesman A watches for players from the attacking side.
You can hear right throughout the game

Meh, it's a long explanation, but i will do my best to clarify.

- It IS a technical mistake
-It happens when the engineer (Known as the 'location mixer' raises the wrong feed from an incoming microphone.
- The location mixer is the guy sitting in the TV truck balancing all of the signals from microphones positioned alongside the field, as well as radio microphones (which the referee uses) and also the commentator feed.
- There are specific 'boom operators' that run around with microphones, who usually have set targets (one focuses on the sound of the ball
, another on players, another on the linesman etc.)

All it is, is basically the location mixer is screwing up, by allowing the feed from the microphones concentrating on linesmen to run on air. Obviously how this happens is quite an essay on it's own, and i don't have enough time to try and explain it. But that is the gist of what happens.

I stumbled across this on youtube and found it pretty hilarious:

And the Springboks wonder why people are accusing them of being a dirty team..

Thats very clever of you ranger, finding my video like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
ive always wondered how sky nz finds these little acts of foulplay, i mean you have to have eagle eyes to see some of that stuff but they missed that famous speartackle

Yeah, let's not rubbish anyone's national team please. It's gotten pretty old, and the crap that made so many Aussy and NZ members leave not so long ago, could well make many South African's leave this time around. It's not needed so can we please stop it.

I'd have to agree Im fairly new on here and I joined to learn facts, info, peoples good honest views, news and insights to our game. Just like most forums you have your disagreements but some of these ones go round in circles. I have to admit some are quite amusing and some are not fair and not true.

If someone or something is down you dont kick it, most (probably all) of us here would help it up so why the unnecessary carry on?..I know its a discussion board but lets not discuss rubbish or in rubbish language that doesnt help get your point across, please Gentlemen.

Latest posts