• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks moan to SANZAR

I thought it was funny how they showed that Bakkies incident a billion times, but a week later, Nonu's first try, and the grounding was not shown properly at all. I found that try really fishy, as it looked like he was wrestling to ground it, meaning it was not grounded initially. But somehow, the NZ TV crew never showed it! They instantly moved on! Sneaky ********.

I thought it was funny how they showed that Bakkies incident a billion times, but a week later, Nonu's first try, and the grounding was not shown properly at all. I found that try really fishy, as it looked like he was wrestling to ground it, meaning it was not grounded initially. But somehow, the NZ TV crew never showed it! They instantly moved on! Sneaky ********.

Hahaha...

Ah gizza look mate?

HEY GIZZA LOOK PUNK!!!

What? lol. To clarify, it was obviously a try, as the referee was right on the spot. I'm just saying it looked fishy on the TV, and the TV crew also thought so. Hence they moved on really fast.

yeah its quite common from the home teams like when england denied australia victory in twickenam about ten years ago,was it luger who scored the try?

Yeah I know my joke was in support of what you were saying Jer1cho and Ive seen it happen for myself mainly with the Warriors rugby league team when they're playing in Australia. At the same time you do tend to look for little things when your team is playing overseas especially with commentators making sour comments towards your team and as you've pointed out camera crews missing certain coverage.

What? lol. To clarify, it was obviously a try, as the referee was right on the spot. I'm just saying it looked fishy on the TV, and the TV crew also thought so. Hence they moved on really fast.

It was shown on Reunion that the ball was grounded. I'll have a wee look for a video if you want, but you can clearly see the tip of the ball touch the ground over the try line.

It was shown on Reunion that the ball was grounded. I'll have a wee look for a video if you want, but you can clearly see the tip of the ball touch the ground over the try line.

And here it is

This is a try... all day long!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice selective quoting hey? I didn't debate that it was a try. I said that the NZ TV crew where unsure, and chose to not play more than one replay during the game. Why else would it have been brought up on a rugby show if there wasn't uncertainty?

Sorry. Didn't see your second post. Too busy editing and uploading the video

i couldn't see it at full speed, but I'm rubbish at those "spot the ball" moments.

I think some TMO's might have actually called it inconclusive. I think it was a try though.

I understand what you are saying, but I am refering more specifically to, whats seems to me, a technical glitch. This 'glitch' is when you can hear the ongoing communication between the 2 touch judges, whilst play is going on. And this doesn't happen often, I think the most I heard it was in 4 or 5 games down under this S14
e.g. The attacking team puts up an up-and-under. Linesman A uses his radio to tell linesman B to watch out for non-retreating players from the defending side, whilst Linesman A watches for players from the attacking side.
You can hear right throughout the game

Are you sure it's the linesmen? I'm only asking because I've seen a few games, especially games from SA where I can hear the Afrikaans commentry of what I can only assume is of one of the Afrikaans radiostations in the background. What do you know about this Jer1cho?

Who are you directing this at?

PDV.

A lose is a lose, no matter what, just except what happened on the day and move forward. Can't change the past but you can do whatever with the future aslong as you learn your lessons from the past.

PDV.

A lose is a lose, no matter what, just except what happened on the day and move forward. Can't change the past but you can do whatever with the future aslong as you learn your lessons from the past.

Unless it's the RWC 2007 Quater Final, then the sh*ts hit the fan.

Testicles, grow them.
butters.jpg

I took your advice, unfortunately they grew on my chin. Thanks a lot.

Latest posts