• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Blacks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 26 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well done SA, you were the better team.

All Blacks I hope never to see again.

1. Leonord - Usless, two bad misfeeds and every pass was slow and easily read.
2. Tialata - All right scrumager but general play and work rate is pathetic.
3. Sivivatu - Had a few good runs, but most of the time jogged up to line to get tackled.

Rokocoko had a very good game as a matter of fact. He didn't get many great runs, but he fielded every high ball despite being put under pressure, and needless to say he was very heavily marked especially by Habana. The ref, without trying to sound like a really bad loser, was sooooooo bad. Like no question about it, he was shocking. SA scored a try due to his repetitive mistakes. He seemed very one-eyed, no to say SA had anything to do with it, it just seemed he would pick up AB's alot more then SA despite simular mistakes.

SA refs were famously biased. But I'm sure there has been some bias in NZ refs over the years as well.[/b]
Leonard is a good player. By far the best New Zealand half back overall. I agree, that on last night's performance he doesn't deserve to stay there. Rokocoko was alright but the mistake which he did made when ran infield was very costly. He had to play a brilliant game make up for that. I'm unsure on Tialata, I really doubt we have the players to replace him with.

Congrats South Africa a game well played next week should be a hell of a game too. I don't know why but even thou we lost for some reason I still feel it was an awesome game. Yea the ref might of got a few bad calls wrong but they went both ways and to be honest I think more went towards South Africa.

Pienaar took a while to charge up but once he did I reckon he was alright but you could tell everyone was wanting Steyn to come on he must be a huge hero after the 2nd test against the Lions. Botha and Matfield are the best locks in the world and have been for some time no doubt about it.

I can't wait til next weekend it should be one hell of a game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Settle down, what about the "Flour bomb" test in Eden Park where a bullshit penalty 3 minutes past full time won the series for the All Blacks? To say it was only refs in SA that were biased is very one eyed[/b]

Before you try taking me on in a history lesson sonny, you'd better know your history!

The referee on that occasion was Clive Norling, a Welshman, and if you are going to try claiming bias on Norling's part, well he was also the referee when your team won 24-12 two weeks before at Athletlic Park. :p

The first test referee was Laurie Prideaux, an Englishman with a French name.
[/b][/quote]

Where he was from is totally irrelevent, that he made a hugely controversial call out of nowhere isn't. Having not actually seen many games from the pre-professional era, I can't say with any certainty in which games blatant cases of biased reffing occured, but I know they did because there's a whole generation of people in my parent's generation who still remember them.

Conrad smiths try was straight through Steyns defence line hole, I think the All Blacks will have that avenue booked in the next game

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Settle down, what about the "Flour bomb" test in Eden Park where a bullshit penalty 3 minutes past full time won the series for the All Blacks? To say it was only refs in SA that were biased is very one eyed[/b]

Before you try taking me on in a history lesson sonny, you'd better know your history!

The referee on that occasion was Clive Norling, a Welshman, and if you are going to try claiming bias on Norling's part, well he was also the referee when your team won 24-12 two weeks before at Athletlic Park. :p

[/b][/quote]

Where he was from is totally irrelevent, that he made a hugely controversial call out of nowhere isn't. Having not actually seen many games from the pre-professional era, I can't say with any certainty in which games blatant cases of biased reffing occured, but I know they did because there's a whole generation of people in my parent's generation who still remember them.
[/b][/quote]

Where he was from may be irrelevant to you, but not to me.

► My point was that the Springbok's home record against the All Blacks was due in part to your crooked home town Harry referees.

► You replied that other referees were biased towards the ABs presumably because they were Kiwis, and to support that, cited the third test of the '81 tour.

► I pointed out that the referee was a Welshman, which I'll bet you didn't know.

In pre-isolation days, everywhere outside South Africa in the rugby world, players and supporters alike knew that when they toured the Republic, your team was playing against other teams that had an extra player, the sixteenth man, the one with a whistle who wore a different coloured jersey.

Not only that, were were forced to leave our best players at home! But that's another story in itself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 26 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3. Sivivatu - Had a few good runs, but most of the time jogged up to line to get tackled.

Rokocoko had a very good game as a matter of fact. He didn't get many great runs, but he fielded every high ball despite being put under pressure, and needless to say he was very heavily marked especially by Habana. The ref, without trying to sound like a really bad loser, was sooooooo bad. Like no question about it, he was shocking. SA scored a try due to his repetitive mistakes. He seemed very one-eyed, no to say SA had anything to do with it, it just seemed he would pick up AB's alot more then SA despite simular mistakes.

SA refs were famously biased. But I'm sure there has been some bias in NZ refs over the years as well.[/b]
Leonard is a good player. By far the best New Zealand half back overall. I agree, that on last night's performance he doesn't deserve to stay there. Rokocoko was alright but the mistake which he did made when ran infield was very costly. He had to play a brilliant game make up for that. I'm unsure on Tialata, I really doubt we have the players to replace him with.
[/b][/quote]
Best halfback? I would say both Weepu and Cowan are better. He plays a very predicatble game and the whole reason he was picked was due to his quick style of play, which every pass was slow, inaccurate and easily telegraphed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 21 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I feel the Boks were regressing during the Lion series and will come up against a battle ready Blacks side who for some reason keep getting written off by people. This squad is pretty much full strength minus Carter so they will be very tough to beat.

The Boks still look under managed with a lot of tactical errors so I am not to positive for this Saturday, although my heart is always with the Boks 110%.

As for the player power coaching style that is a disaster waitng to happen.

So here goes the Boks all the way but the head says blacks will win with 10 to spare.[/b]

Well I don't feel that regressing

When you hit ABs 28-19 even if they are without Dan Carter you are not REGRESSED, hell not damn it!

Tri Nations- great tournament

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 26 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Best halfback? I would say both Weepu and Cowan are better. He plays a very predicatble game and the whole reason he was picked was due to his quick style of play, which every pass was slow, inaccurate and easily telegraphed.
[/b][/quote]

The stand-out example was when he just put it straightin JdV's hands, even though he MUST have seen JdV coming forward.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 25 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jul 26 2009, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
more **** commentating. 'springboks don't win very often against the ABs'. pfft

oh, and 'there's still another to go next week in durban. that's not at altitude'[/b]

You're a cloth-eared ********. Why don't you just leave out the part of what Fox said that validates his statement!

"..springboks don't win very often against the ABs in Tri-Nations"

Tri-Nations Wins

All Blacks 21
Springboks 8 (including today)

I'd call that "Not very often"

True, prior to Tri-Nations you had a much better record, but then you did have the advantage of having the 16th player (i.e. your cheating "home-town harry" referees like Gert Bezuidenhout, Ian Gourlay, Piet Robbertse and "Boetie" Malan) when you were playing at home.
[/b][/quote]

don't come with your insults, i never said it was fox who called that wrong. It was the berk in the commentary box with him who's just as bad. Your argument on Tri nations wins is wasted, and anyway, when it comes down to all-time win:loss ration, who the f*** cares whether it's in one tournament or another. I watched the same game you did, and the right team won. And don't worry, I wanted the kiwis to win cos the Springboks really get on my ***s. Fact is, South Africa's front 5 ****** all over NZ, which meant a solid back row performance from Kaino, McCaw and So'oialo was fruitless; and the NZ backs got made to rush. The penalty count comes as a result of the pressure put on NZ, and frankly, the Springboks should have won by more.

Those commentators came up with the standard Kiwi excuse for losing - it's always something to do with the referree, and if it can't all be blamed on him they revert back to the tired 'we're the best side of all time' mantra and well done, you can reel out stats to prove that the ABs are a better team than South Africa over the course of history. Just like you're better than France and Australia everytime one of them knocks you out of a world cup. Fact is, you weren't on the day.

Stop your *****ing, and don't think you can cut across everything I said just by resorting to... namecalling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 26 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, prior to Tri-Nations you had a much better record, but then you did have the advantage of having the 16th player (i.e. your cheating "home-town harry" referees like Gert Bezuidenhout, Ian Gourlay, Piet Robbertse and "Boetie" Malan) when you were playing at home.[/b]

AAAhhh good old suzie. Yes the Kiwis ref's before isolation were priests. Come on Smartcooky suprised by this comment.
[/b][/quote]

I'm old enough to remember watching in frustration as Gert Bezuidenhout cheated us out of a series win 1976. We were stuck with this crooked prick of a referee for all four tests.

You were probably still ******** in your nappies.
[/b][/quote]

Will take your verdict as and All Black fan with a pinch of salt Gramps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Where he was from may be irrelevant to you, but not to me.

► My point was that the Springbok's home record against the All Blacks was due in part to your crooked home town Harry referees.

► You replied that other referees were biased towards the ABs presumably because they were Kiwis, and to support that, cited the third test of the '81 tour.

► I pointed out that the referee was a Welshman, which I'll bet you didn't know.

In pre-isolation days, everywhere outside South Africa in the rugby world, players and supporters alike knew that when they toured the Republic, your team was playing against other teams that had an extra player, the sixteenth man, the one with a whistle who wore a different coloured jersey.

Not only that, were were forced to leave our best players at home! But that's another story in itself.
[/b][/quote]

Listen Gramps just cause you been around alot longer does not make you the Yoda of rugby. As you claim that all knew they were playing the 16th man in SA is a crock of sh*t. We were better than the Blacks head to head simple. Quota players rugby politics etc are just xcuses the All Blacks have been better than us post isolation end of.

I don't recall either Fox or Nisbett blaming the referee for anything. In fact the NZ press have not even mentioned the referee, and his performance has not been raised by anyone in the NZ media.

You're both just making things up to support your spurious arguments.

The "16th" player assertion is not my take. Its a known fact. Gert Bezuidenhout took the bent refereeing common between Boks and All Blacks of the day to new heights, doing a job that would have had Louis Luyt clearing out a whole jewelery store in appreciation. The Bok front row got away with murder, Sid Going wasn't allowed to take a shot at goal after the ball fell over as he placed it and he denied the All Blacks a penalty try when Bruce Robertson was taken out.

Also a fact is your pre-isolation Government's insistence that we not bring Maoris and Polynesians on tours, thereby being forced to leave some of our best players behind. I suppose you'll try to deny that happened too, or more likely, you were too young to remember, and your teachers have tried to rewrite history by conveniently leaving out the truth.

60tour-011.jpg

Its going to be hard to rewrite history with items like this poster still about

---------------

PS: "Gramps" and proud of it, three grandchildren, and 45 years involved in Rugby as a player, referee and administrator. That gives me something that you can only get with time on the job... experience.

Well all I know is that the Boks won this test, doesn't matter if the ref was on our side or not, we won!

It will stand in the history books that the Boks beat the Allblacks 28-19 on July 25th 2009, now there is a history lesson for the future :p

Wow, what's with calling Smartcooky gramps, and the comment of calling him Yoda (which is a funny image) of rugby? I think he was meerly stating, from a fan of the time, that SA had bias referees which from what I have heard and read, was the case.

Yeah Grant Nisbett did say that a victory against the All Blacks was rare in the Tri Nations. Was the a put down? No, it was simply stating a fact. I beilieve the word for it is commentating, funny when commentators do that.

"Listen Gramps just cause you been around alot longer does not make you the Yoda of rugby. As you claim that all knew they were playing the 16th man in SA is a crock of sh*t. We were better than the Blacks head to head simple. Quota players rugby politics etc are just xcuses the All Blacks have been better than us post isolation end of."

Funny how AB's suddenly became better post isolation, when refereeing starnards were raised.

"Well all I know is that the Boks won this test, doesn't matter if the ref was on our side or not, we won!"
...Yeah, well done. SA was the better team on the night.

Did anyone else see Pierre Spies burn Conrad Smith in that lead up to the Jacque Fourie try? Awesome. He had a very good game i though. Shoved MaCaw away a number of times!

I'm a little worried about Ruan Pienaar staying first choice kicker. Francois should have taken over long ago. We could have won by 20 points.

I spent some time with the All Blacks two days prior to the test, and I must admit that a nicer bunch of guys you couldn't wish to meet.

We did some light hearted interviews for tv purposes, and the guys were all up to it, with Joe Roco even sitting in the corner waiting for me, without my knowledge. When I had finished up with Brendon Leonard, Roco called from the corner and said "mate, would you like to chat to me?" I was blown away at how accomodating they were.

The first guy I chatted to was McCaw, and he was loving the interview, and when I asked him which country had the best women, he had this wry smile and replied "Mate, I'd be really lying if I said New Zealand." Speaking of woman, there was a very funny moment when I was chatting to Roco, and my girlfriend walked in (who of course, is beautiful), and Roco got completely sidestracked and just stared at her before I interjected with the "best women question" - the timing and the hilarity of it all was brilliant.

I also asked Richie who was the worst person to room with, and he said So'ialo, "because his nickname's Horse". I asked why, and he just laughed out loud, and added "just cos he's big like a horse". I kept the horse question running with all the players, and when I asked Mils about it, he chuckled and replied quietly "I thought that's suppose to be a secret."

The best bloke of the lot though was Ross Isack. He was like a big kid, and is obviously loving his time with the guys. I must admit though, while he's very tall, he's also very thin, and I found myself wondering how on earth he was going to be able to handle a brute like Bakkies.

Either way, the guys were fantastic, and when my girlfriend and I left them that evening, we both agreed that we actually wouldn't have minded a All Black win.

Kiwis - you can be very proud of your guys.

Latest posts