• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Blacks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jul 26 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oooooooooooh someone's bitten his bum!
And just because GG supports Saracens doesn't make him a Saffa!![/b]

Doesn't matter. I support the New England Patriots, but it doesn't make me a Bostonian, or a Yank.

I dislike idiots that misquote people then make ******** statements based on their own ignorance, no matter what flag they fly.

I'm sick of seeing 'The Beast' boar in during scrums, and the ref not picking it up. It's happening almost every time, but nobody ever realises. (I only saw the second half of today's game, though.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
True, prior to Tri-Nations you had a much better record, but then you did have the advantage of having the 16th player (i.e. your cheating "home-town harry" referees like Gert Bezuidenhout, Ian Gourlay, Piet Robbertse and "Boetie" Malan) when you were playing at home.[/b]

AAAhhh good old suzie. Yes the Kiwis ref's before isolation were priests. Come on Smartcooky suprised by this comment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Jul 26 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sick of seeing 'The Beast' boar in during scrums, and the ref not picking it up. It's happening almost every time, but nobody ever realises. (I only saw the second half of today's game, though.)[/b]

:cryy: :cryy: :cryy: dry your eyes bru.

All Blacks coach Graham Henry was gracious in defeat after his side went down 28-19 to the Springboks in a Tri-Nations Test in Bloemfontein on Saturday.

"I first of all want to congratulate South Africa on their victory. They were the better team and deserved to win," he said at the media conference shortly after the match. Although Henry thought there were many positives for his side and that they at times played some good rugby "the Springboks played better than us." He added, "There are no excuses. We have no complaints about the altitude or the turnaround time between last week's Test (against the Wallabies) and today's.

"This is a very good Springbok side. They deserve to be number one in the world," he said -- but pointed out that he didn't know how the ratings worked and that it could easily change again if his side won the Test in Durban next weekend.

"We needed more composure and discipline and should've created more opportunities. A side can't afford to make errors when you have the ball. We lost the battle, but not the war," Henry said. His captain Richie McCaw said he felt the All Blacks were getting on top at one stage in the second half, "but we were forced into mistakes. There are things you just cannot afford to do in Test matches," he said about the many turnovers in the tackle and handling errors.

McCaw was disappointed with the discipline, but was convinced that his side were up there with the physicality of the Springboks. The home side's head coach Peter de Villiers congratulated his side on a good win, and said that the Springboks were an organised side, disciplined and patient.

"Hats off to the tight five. I think the positive approach helped us, we knew we had to create our own chances," De Villiers said.

Springbok captain John Smit said the Boks wanted to keep the ball in hand in the first 10 minutes but that it didn't materialise in a slow Springbok start to the match. However, he was happy that they didn't give many opportunities to the All Blacks in the last half hour. "It was a great start for South Africa," he said, "hopefully we can take it further.

"It's a great Test to win," Smit said, and was especially pleased that the Springboks had denied the All Blacks a bonus point which could have a bearing on the outcome of the competition later on.

"The All Blacks got their intensity up after the halftime," Smit said, but pointed out that the turnaround from the Test against the Wallabies just a week ago would not have been easy for the All Blacks to overcome.

"It's difficult to turn around from one week to the other and play at altitude," Smit said.

Man of the Match Heinrich Brussow said he was pleased to have done well and to have beaten the world's number one side on his home field in Bloemfontein with his family in the stands. Denied a place in the original squad for the British and Irish Lions series, he was roped in to fill in for Schalk Burger who was injured for the first test and suspended for the third. Brussow came on as a replacement in the second test, and was a star for the Boks and a thorn in the Lions' flesh.

All Blacks assistant coach Steve Hansen admitted afterwards that Brussow had played very well and was especially good in the tackle area.

"He is a phenomenal find (at this level) and is making a big difference for us and also making it very difficult for the opposition," Smit added to the accolades of the 23-year-old who was playing in only his fifth Test.

From SARUGBY.com

The All Blacks are awesome sportsmen. Also saw an interview with Conrad Smith after the game, really nice guys. I thought it was a BRILLIANT game. My throat is hoarse and I'm still happy and cheerful. I actually dreamed about the game Friday night. (Os du Randt punched a guy and Butch James was playing...)

Congrats S.A game well played, The ref made a few cock up calls but hey wel'' the take the lost FOR NOW!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 26 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, prior to Tri-Nations you had a much better record, but then you did have the advantage of having the 16th player (i.e. your cheating "home-town harry" referees like Gert Bezuidenhout, Ian Gourlay, Piet Robbertse and "Boetie" Malan) when you were playing at home.[/b]

AAAhhh good old suzie. Yes the Kiwis ref's before isolation were priests. Come on Smartcooky suprised by this comment.
[/b][/quote]

I'm old enough to remember watching in frustration as Gert Bezuidenhout cheated us out of a series win 1976. We were stuck with this crooked prick of a referee for all four tests.

You were probably still ******** in your nappies.

Some good signs from the AB's, I though Donald, Smith, Kaino and maybe Sivivatu stood out. But Nonu and Rokocoko just didn't look like threatening at all, it seemed like Joe was trying but he just isn't able to beat players as easily as he once could (see avatar). Leonard seemed totally out of his depth, Henry put a lot of pressure on him bringing him into a test away against SA, although he seems to have been around for a while I don't think he's played enough tests yet to be starting in a game like that.

Eaton and Weepu were disappointing off the bench as well, only Franks and Read made any sort of impact. What is Weepu thinking when he stands at the ruck for 30 seconds waiting for everyone to get ready? It's a bad habit of his, the resulting bullet pass at Eatons head followed by a suicidal infield pass lead to the decisive try to SA. He can be the best halfback in NZ when he's playing well but I'd rate Cowan over him at the moment, just because Cowan is less inclined to take unnecessary risks.

The lineout was awful once again, no wet conditions to blame this time for NZ. The scrum seemed to be fairly evenly matched though, when the AB's weren't giving away penalties.

I think the AB's have mostly themselves to blame for this loss. They looked potent enough on a couple of occasions when they had a chance to attack but were just always in the wrong position on the field. The Boks did well to keep them pinned back in their own half for most of the game, although really they looked lacking in imagination on attack. A few changes need to be made for Durban next week I think. Cowan should replace Leonard, possibly switch Rokocoko and Jane and bring in Evans on the bench instead of Eaton. Replacing Nonu with McAlister at 12 is a possiblity but it's probably a bit too risky.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 26 2009, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seemed very clear in his refing. Could have allowed a SA advantage in first half for try opportunity in right corner. And there was plenty of arm binding on beast's side of the scrum that he let go.[/b]

Both players were binding incorrectly, but since the scrums were not going down, its immaterial.[/b][/quote]
Interesting. There were several scrums that collapsed, several that popped up.

Beast's scrumming was very controversial in the Lions tour. He killed Vickery, but then got half-killed by Vickery's replacements. That inconsistency was a teeth grinder for me.

Now Rolland comes along and decides, Hey - let the props cancel each other out, I'm getting on with the game. Good judgment, I reckon. Suppose it has to be played by ear.

Second half the ABs got more control in the scrum, which took some momentum away from SA and Wonder Boy. But AB lineout is incompetent, so they couldn't get a grip on the match.

Plus there was so much dross in the midfield that neither side could expand the game. Mind you, Nonu did have some sweet moments in defence. And I'm declaring JDV a genius - because he's coming to Munster (except he'll probably spend all his time sidelined by injuries, like Cristiano Cullen).

I didn't watch the match because I couldn't manage to wake up enough before falling back asleep again. Just wondering if anyone has a link to Conrad Smith's try? Sounds like it was a peach.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Jul 26 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't watch the match because I couldn't manage to wake up enough before falling back asleep again. Just wondering if anyone has a link to Conrad Smith's try? Sounds like it was a peach.[/b]

Very reminiscent of Joe Morgan's try in the second test in 1976. At the same ground too.

The All Blacks need to remember their basics, a bit better this week but too much drop ball, easy turn overs, and lack of communication, players need to step up.
Was an interesting game, and the second half was much better proformance from NZ, where they really worked together, and were able to get their hands on the ball and build some phases, hopefully they start like they did in the second half.
If they can get the basics sorted again will be good, Line outs and simple things like that need to be sorted asap,
they will take a lot from it, but NZ was never expected to win, but like a lot of these games one mistake between these two teams normally ends it, so no surprises there.
NZ to take it out next week

Congrats to the Boks. That was an amazing game I thought. Nail biting really. The Boks defence was really solid for the most part. ABs looked better when running with ball in hand and spreading it outwide. When the ABs kept things tight it was evident that they were hardly making any progress. SA applied a lot of pressure in the rucks and mauls, thats what the Wallabies didn't/couldn't do last week. All in all, not panic stations for ABs. Its the ABs simple errors during line outs and general play that is cost them the game. Also they need to learn to play for the full 80 not just the second 40. Slow starts are fatal against the Boks. I believe the ABs can turn things around. Bring back Cowan and probably Corey Jane and Mealamu to start.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 26 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I'm old enough to remember watching in frustration as Gert Bezuidenhout cheated us out of a series win 1976. We were stuck with this crooked prick of a referee for all four tests.

You were probably still ******** in your nappies.
[/b][/quote]

Settle down, what about the "Flour bomb" test in Eden Park where a bullshit penalty 3 minutes past full time won the series for the All Blacks? To say it was only refs in SA that were biased is very one eyed

Well done SA, you were the better team.

All Blacks I hope never to see again.

1. Leonord - Usless, two bad misfeeds and every pass was slow and easily read.
2. Tialata - All right scrumager but general play and work rate is pathetic.
3. Sivivatu - Had a few good runs, but most of the time jogged up to line to get tackled.

Rokocoko had a very good game as a matter of fact. He didn't get many great runs, but he fielded every high ball despite being put under pressure, and needless to say he was very heavily marked especially by Habana. The ref, without trying to sound like a really bad loser, was sooooooo bad. Like no question about it, he was shocking. SA scored a try due to his repetitive mistakes. He seemed very one-eyed, no to say SA had anything to do with it, it just seemed he would pick up AB's alot more then SA despite simular mistakes.

SA refs were famously biased. But I'm sure there has been some bias in NZ refs over the years as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Settle down, what about the "Flour bomb" test in Eden Park where a bullshit penalty 3 minutes past full time won the series for the All Blacks? To say it was only refs in SA that were biased is very one eyed[/b]

Before you try taking me on in a history lesson sonny, you'd better know your history!

The referee on that occasion was Clive Norling, a Welshman, and if you are going to try claiming bias on Norling's part, well he was also the referee when your team won 24-12 two weeks before at Athletlic Park. :p

The first test referee was Laurie Prideaux, an Englishman with a French name.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jul 26 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Settle down, what about the "Flour bomb" test in Eden Park where a bullshit penalty 3 minutes past full time won the series for the All Blacks? To say it was only refs in SA that were biased is very one eyed[/b]

Before you try taking me on in a history lesson sonny, you'd better know your history!

The referee on that occasion was Clive Norling, a Welshman, and if you are going to try claiming bias on Norling's part, well he was also the referee when your team won 24-12 two weeks before at Athletlic Park. :p

The first test referee was Laurie Prideaux, an Englishman with a French name.
[/b][/quote]

Smartycooky: 1 KZNSharksFan: 0

Latest posts