• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Booze Thread

Can you see the traditional pub being replaced in your city/town/village by this?
I think the basic concept of the pub is outdated. In the past it was a place for the community to gather, but people don't do that as much anymore. On top, many people are drinking less and alcohol is cheaper in supermarkets. Pubs now have to be more varied and offer more. Especially I don't think there is the market for the number of pubs in previous generations.

Does it stop you or would you just buy bottles at the pub, or just more likely to drink at home?
Tbh I think most people would drink less. Many people choose options purely because they are available and just think why not. Very few people go out for a meal thinking "I'll have a 250ml glass of wine today." Most will think in number of glasses.

Tbh I think most people would drink less. Many people choose options purely because they are available and just think why not. Very few people go out for a meal thinking "I'll have a 250ml glass of wine today." Most will think in number of glasses.
Yeh, I don't drink wine per Se but even thinking about it two glasses 250ml of red wine is an awful lot of alcohol in terms of units 6.5 units based on 13% ABV. Part of the culture and normalisation.

I liked Spain's approach in bars out there with their small carafes of wine. Preferred it to the beer there.

I really enjoy wine but rarely if ever buy it by the glass. Either a bottle for the table at a restaurant or one at home.

People who go to a pub on the lash on wine terrify me.

Tried some of the "Woodgate" cider from Lidl, it's really not that good. The Woodgate Vintage in the bottle is good though, but that's made by Westons.

Picked up a 4 pack of Guiness nitrosurge and then put it back after I saw the nitrosurge gadget costs £25 on top. Anyone tried it yet?

Picked up a 4 pack of Guiness nitrosurge and then put it back after I saw the nitrosurge gadget costs £25 on top. Anyone tried it yet?
Guy I work with is a big Guinness fan and got one - said it's just a novelty, no different to just tipping the can fully upside down

Though I have seen people raving about it on social media so YMMV

Guy I work with is a big Guinness fan and got one - said it's just a novelty, no different to just tipping the can fully upside down

Though I have seen people raving about it on social media so YMMV
Yeh that's what I thought, so I put it back and went for a normal 4 pack of Guiness.

Got the gadget for Christmas, but I had some draught to get through so it only debuted today.

Really quite impressed. Hic!

Latest posts