• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues - Racing Métro 92 (22/01/2012, 15:15)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Heineken%20Cup.png

Cardiff City Stadium (22/01/2012, 15:15)
Cardiff.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Racing%20M%e9tro.png

Live on Sky Sports/Rugby+​

There's your case for the TMO to be able to go back one phase - Replays show that Cuthbert knocks the ball on and then recollects and scores a try but the ref thought it came off of a RM92 hand and awarded the try.

Gethin injured, so that's wonderful.
Yapp comes on and destroys RM scrum. Andrews offering the scrummaging force of a newborn.

Yaaasssss Racing! You can do it! Obviously been watching the Edinburgh game, so what is really happening in this game?

Cardiff have been given two tries (one by Steyn, one by the IRB by not allowing video reffing in the lead up to a try), Racing scored two very nice tries. A few kicks each and that's it.

Was a good game with lots of attacking rugby. Pity Racing didn't won the game.

Paterson was probably one of the standout Blues players today I thought. Good in the air, and generally worked hard. I see him as a bit of a Jon Thomas kinda player though, so not sure if I want him around the Wales squad. I personally think Pretorius is a better player, but the Blues management seem to think differently.

Blues weren't great today. All they really offered was a Parks up and under or 12. Gavin Evans' choice really payed off didn't it! There's no guarantee Henson would have done better, but almost everyone but the Blues management could forsee Evans' meh performance.

I thought Czekaj butchered a couple of opportinities early in the first half from deep. The first time, he cut back in instead of passing out to a 3 man overlap. The second time, he gave Laulala a hospital pass despite Laulala telling him to by-pass him. Pretty much summs Czekaj up though, almost zero rugby brain to go along with a decent all round skillset.

Halfpenny was a class act once again. Kicking improving every game aswell, should be Wales' first choice kicker imo. Cuthbert proved that he can finish if nothing else!

Up front, Warburton was everywhere as usual. Andrews atarted well with some decent scrummaging and a lovely missed pass, but he got mullered in the majority of scrums, and went quiet. One other choice I don't understand from the Blues management is Turrell at hooker. I know Rhys Thomas is injured, and Gareth Williams was forced to retire, but I'd opt for the young Rhys Williams who was impressive in his cameo a couple of weeks ago. Tyrrell is an average player, and his poor lineout throwing towards the end really cost the Blues.

Extremely tough trip to Dublin ahead of them now. Leinster have handed the Blues a couple of thrashings this season, so I'm not expecting much. However, with a full squad that includes Gethin Jenkins, Warburton, Jamie Roberts, Gavin Henson (if they use him) and Halfpenny they've always got a chance.

I hope you only see Paterson and Thomas as similiar in their versatility.
Paterson is a good lad, puts in a solid shift and not shy of hitting rucks. I wouldn't mind him or Pretorius representing Wales, if they are good enough.

I hope you only see Paterson and Thomas as similiar in their versatility.
Paterson is a good lad, puts in a solid shift and not shy of hitting rucks. I wouldn't mind him or Pretorius representing Wales, if they are good enough.

I think they've got similar playing styles and physique. I feel both lack a little physicality for international rugby, although Paterson's workrate is probably a little better as you say, hitting rucks etc. I feel Pretorius adds pure physicality and an immense workrate, something that the Blues lack slightly, with Warburton expected to do the majority. Molitika used to offer exactly that, and did when well he came on in this game, but for the most part, Molitika is simply too old now, and is becoming something of a liability. Hopefully Pretorius is given more gametime after his injury, because I've always seen something a little special in him.

I think they've got similar playing styles and physique. I feel both lack a little physicality for international rugby, although Paterson's workrate is probably a little better as you say, hitting rucks etc. I feel Pretorius adds pure physicality and an immense workrate, something that the Blues lack slightly, with Warburton expected to do the majority. Molitika used to offer exactly that, and did when well he came on in this game, but for the most part, Molitika is simply too old now, and is becoming something of a liability. Hopefully Pretorius is given more gametime after his injury, because I've always seen something a little special in him.
Yep, totally agree.
They also need a good tighthead and a backup hooker. Ken Owens???
Hopefully one of Cook, Hill, Screech will come through within a year, and perhaps Hamilton or Sheppeard at 8.
Then they just need a 10...

Latest posts