• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Leinster

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Aye, he's been far from great in the loose.

Very nice from Eoin O'Malley there, sets Jackman under the posts. 23-17 now. This one is a little bit of a belter actually.

Stephen Keogh is getting through a crazy amount of work. I still don't think he's an 8 (he's a flanker in my view) but he's an excellent squad player.

Ceri Sweeney in the bin. Hopefully Leinster can turn the screw.

Edit - f'n hell Jackman.

Edit 2 - Jackman's blushes spared by a Cardiff brainfart.

Edit 3 - now it's Shaun Berne's turn to have a brainfart.

I've been quite impressed with this Leinster display. The Cardiff backs in particular are far more experianced than their Leinster counterparts yet the guys have been their match to say the least.

Excellent kick by Shaun Berne forced Tom James to carry it into touch. Leinster lineout 5 metres from the tryline. 10 minutes left.

Edit - Leinster cross the line but it goes to the TMO. Will be a 5 metre scrum.

Yeah, very harsh. They deserved something out of the game. I was very impressed with their backrow.

The win puts Leinster top with two games in hand on 2nd placed Edinburgh and one game on the rest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 7 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, very harsh. They deserved something out of the game.[/b]
Didnt think so. No scrum, no lineout and little ambition. If it wasnt for the ref letting them off the hook time and time again Leinter would have been way out of sight.

Lads it's hard to say this but Leinster are the best team in Europe at moment and it not just on form.

Munster had it few years and it clear Leinster have it now ... that bit of bite.
Like many fringe players excelled for Leinster today and don't get me wrong any of the top teams in europe can beat the others on any given time but Leinster are the bench-mark at moment.

Great result that saves some face on a poor weekend for Irish rugby also Connacht did well.

If anything our triumph highlights how crap Munster are. We're so awesome.

Didn't see all the match. Leinster outhalf very poor kicking and decision making, but very impressive squad to have the second string playing so well together.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 7 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If anything our triumph highlights how crap Munster are. We're so awesome.[/b]
Not really as it just show's Munster don't have alot of depht.
Take in to account Dragons are having great season and had full strength and Blues are going badly and weren't full strength.

It just at the moment Leinster are probably the best assembled squad in Europe,
But it ok gloating but it come back to haunt.

Munster I agree had likes of ROG and JDV in team vs Dragons but I think at times these guys seem to just treat these type of games as chores and don't do alot yet come H'Cup time they'll perform.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 7 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 7 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anything our triumph highlights how crap Munster are. We're so awesome.[/b]
Not really as it just show's Munster don't have alot of depht.
Take in to account Dragons are having great season and had full strength and Blues are going badly and weren't full strength.

It just at the moment Leinster are probably the best assembled squad in Europe,
But it ok gloating but it come back to haunt.

Munster I agree had likes of ROG and JDV in team vs Dragons but I think at times these guys seem to just treat these type of games as chores and don't do alot yet come H'Cup time they'll perform.
[/b][/quote]

You boys know all about that :bleh!:

Well deserved win for Leinster. They took their chances well and took advantage of the poor set piece from Cardiff, as I thought may happen.

However, thats probably the most lack of ambition from Cardiff I have seen all season. They looked slow and uninterested as a whole, bar one or two individuals who were mainly NZ players. The defensive organisation was a joke and the amount of school boy errors made was ridiculous considering they weren't under massive amounts of pressure. Knock ons, forcing offloads, not looking for support, I could go on. Also, Cardiff just didn't go through the motions and kicked away possession far to much.

I don't mean to take anything away from Leinster because they came out and really wanted to win and were on the whole fairly clinical. However, with respect, Cardiff had alot more experience and should have won that game. I am disgusted with them. Gloucester may well get revenge next weekend.

Latest posts