• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues Vs Edinburgh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 2 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm gonna miss this match as I'm working again :( just hoping that they're showing it up there so I can keep an eye on the scores.
I still have bad memories from the last match of last season <_< Blues should have won that but completely flopped in the 2nd half (mind you the ref didn't help either)
It should be evenly balanced, but I;m looking forward to seeing how Cooper and Norton-Knight do. Nice to see Blair and Halfpenny back too. Not a big fan of Gareth Thomas atm, but Dai Young said he's been impressed with him in the pre-season so just have to see how it goes. I rate Daf Hewitt highly too, nice to see him getting a chance in the starting line up, though Roberts will claim the 12 shirt back when he returns.
Blues re really gonna miss Nugget, Sowden-Taylor is alright, but nowhere near the same class as Martyn.
Don't think this is Czekaj's first start on the wing, didn;t he have a few games at the start and end of last season? I remember him playing in the Blues v Leinster game last season, he didn't have a great game but I kinda expected that.
When's Laulala arriving in Cardiff then? I'd have thought he'd be here by now, or does he have to finish his ANZ Cup season first?[/b]

Are you able to watch it online? P2P usually carries all the games. Laulala is due to arrive "late autumn" after his Crusaders commitment- no actual date given last I heard.

Does anyone know what the craic is with the Scottish tv rights this year? It would seem a pretty raw deal for fans and sponsors alike if one of the 3 nations involved didn't have access to the games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 2 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone know what the craic is with the Scottish tv rights this year? It would seem a pretty raw deal for fans and sponsors alike if one of the 3 nations involved didn't have access to the games.[/b]
All games but Glasgow V Edinburgh should be on TV due to Seneta Ireland and S4C/BBC Wales.

Anyway, it's a pretty strong Blues team. I thought this Gavin Evans was excellent when I saw him against Leicster- As was Gareth Thomas, probaly Man of the Match. As for Czajai, I thought he was good at fullback a fortnight ago as well, although I was pretty sure he started on the wing when the Blues played Edinburgh at the end of last year, but I'm not 100%.

SRU have cocked it up again and only games shown on s4c and bbc wales will be available to Scotish viewers.

Will like to see SNK play well.

Also, Czekaj is poor. Was before, and never showed signs of potential. Good to see him recover but he'll never be class.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bgrugbyfan @ Sep 2 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 2 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna miss this match as I'm working again :( just hoping that they're showing it up there so I can keep an eye on the scores.
I still have bad memories from the last match of last season <_< Blues should have won that but completely flopped in the 2nd half (mind you the ref didn't help either)
It should be evenly balanced, but I;m looking forward to seeing how Cooper and Norton-Knight do. Nice to see Blair and Halfpenny back too. Not a big fan of Gareth Thomas atm, but Dai Young said he's been impressed with him in the pre-season so just have to see how it goes. I rate Daf Hewitt highly too, nice to see him getting a chance in the starting line up, though Roberts will claim the 12 shirt back when he returns.
Blues re really gonna miss Nugget, Sowden-Taylor is alright, but nowhere near the same class as Martyn.
Don't think this is Czekaj's first start on the wing, didn;t he have a few games at the start and end of last season? I remember him playing in the Blues v Leinster game last season, he didn't have a great game but I kinda expected that.
When's Laulala arriving in Cardiff then? I'd have thought he'd be here by now, or does he have to finish his ANZ Cup season first?[/b]

Are you able to watch it online? P2P usually carries all the games. Laulala is due to arrive "late autumn" after his Crusaders commitment- no actual date given last I heard.
[/b][/quote]

Ah I work in a Pub as a 'Glass Collector' so can't really get on a computer and am pretty much always busy <_< They should be showing it (depending what Football is on), so I'll just have to pretend to look busy while watching :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 2 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will like to see SNK play well.

Also, Czekaj is poor. Was before, and never showed signs of potential. Good to see him recover but he'll never be class.[/b]
I find Czekaj is poental, poental, poental. But he's never turned out as mroe than that. The likes of Dan Biggar, Jason Tuvey and Sam Warbutton could eaisly turn out being that as well.

It took me a while to figure out what "poental" meant. Then I realised it isn't a word at all!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 4 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It took me a while to figure out what "poental" meant. Then I realised it isn't a word at all![/b]
It's been a long day. I've got to the stage I cam'p speil or raedd paticully wull.

16 minutes and Edinburg get their second try.

3 - 14

Look ominous unless Cardiff do something quickly

Norton-Knight as I predicted....can't handle the 10 spot. Been used as a utility back too much.

Czekaj scores. Still don't rate him. And... He was in touch actually. Not a try. Poor call by the ref.

EDIT: Revised statement: poor call by the touch judge who was staring directly at Czekaj's foot as it hit the touchline.

We're resembling a train wreck so far. I hope things switch around in the second half. Shockingly bad call on Czekaj's try.

Blues got schooled. Norton-Knight was appalling. Edinburgh were solid and played very well as a team. Cardiff shouldn't even have got a bonus point out of this one.

Latest posts