• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

From the league that brought you Johnny "Big Balls" Sexton - Guinness Pro 14: R.14

Dave Kearney has gone from solid boring player to shaky at the back, surprised he's at fullback not having much experience there. Terrible dealing with that kick from falling over then losing it in contact. Hasn't looked good in an inexperienced team where he should be the settled head

Yeah I'd be really impressed if the young lads had the heads on them to win this, but I don't see it happening.

Grobler should get some minutes this weekend. Hopefully debuting him during an international window in one of Munster's least remarkable fixtures will prevent this story from reigniting. I'd be tempted to give Grobler a start at some point during the Six Nations too. Maybe by the time the tournament is over, the pundits will have forgotten about Gerbrandt.

It's the perfect time for Munster to blood some younger players, so it'll be interesting to see how they get on. Still plenty of experience in the side though, and it's a good looking team overall, so I can't imagine anything other than a comfortable win here. I could see all four provinces picking up wins this weekend, but Connacht and Leinster have tougher matches on their hands and I honestly don't know what to expect from Ulster at this point.
Just on Gerbrandt. He's selected on form and not as a novelty act. And well he will get what he has earned.

I'd say he'll be really pumped up for this week's game.
Not really as flu has infected our squad and training was cancelled 1 day due to it.
But as I said it was sad a topic that was possibly worth debate was turned in to a circus and made look like a joke by few journalists with a vendetta and bad taste. As was said before really blew the myth of "friendliest nation" to bullshit by a select few

Leinster blew it against Edinburgh. They were far superior and couldn't take their chances when they frequently made it to the 22. Two points given the huge list of missing players isn't a bad return though.

Lots of players underperformed. When a squad is down Jack McGrath, Cian Healy, Sean Cronin, James Tracy, Tadhg Furlong, Andrew Porter, Devin Toner, James Ryan, Rhys Ruddock, Sean O'Brien, Jamie Heaslip, Dan Leavy, Josh van der Flier, Jordi Murphy, Johnny Sexton, Joey Carbery, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, Isa Nacewa, James Lowe, Jordan Larmour and Rob Kearney, it's not surprising that they can't get a result away to Edinburgh.

EDIT - forgot Jack Conan too.

Well if all ye can do is keep the joke going I think that proves the point on the bias media from before. As I said it actually plays in to our hands and as I said a decent topic can't be properly debatable and well at least I know ye lads are of same views now lol

Also as the joke was if he scores to seal the true F You to the fraud that is Kimmage and Spoofed that is Gilroy along with the clown that is O'Connor. They are a joke and to have a laugh if GG scores he should do the famous Robbie Fowler celebration

Last edited:
Leinster blew it against Edinburgh. They were far superior and couldn't take their chances when they frequently made it to the 22. Two points given the huge list of missing players isn't a bad return though.

Yup. Leinster will likely rue those points come the end of the season as they need to be scoring more than the Scarlets during the 6N. The game should have been buried by halftime. The result keeps Conference B nice and interesting. Delighted to see Bennett get a try after his year long injury layoff.

Edinburgh being able to bring on internationals Hardie and Bradbury out of the doghouse and on as subs was pretty key for me.

Well if all ye can do is keep the joke going I think that proves the point on the bias media from before. As I said it actually plays in to our hands and as I said a decent topic can't be properly debatable and well at least I know ye lads are of same views now lol

Also as the joke was if he scores to seal the true F You to the fraud that is Kimmage and Spoofed that is Gilroy along with the clown that is O'Connor. They are a joke and to have a laugh if GG scores he should do the famous Robbie Fowler celebration
A zero tolerance policy on banter I see. Wish the IRFU's zero tolerance policy was equally strong.

Topic has been played to death. My questions on it and I'll leave it at that. I think these are reasonable points:

1. Munster and the IRFU reiterated they have a zero tolerance policy towards PED use in sport. At the same time they said they believe in giving people second chances. Does this mean if you dope while under an IRFU or provincial contract you'll be turfed out but it's okay to dope elsewhere and then come here?

2. Who taught Gerbrandt Grobler how to take the substances he was nabbed for? A 21 year old can't have that knowledge himself.

3. Grobler put his hands up when he was caught. Would he have done so had he not been caught?

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and expressed my displeasure with this signing last summer. You may not particularly like how Kimmage, Gilroy and O'Connor are making their point but it doesn't make them any less valid.

A zero tolerance policy on banter I see. Wish the IRFU's zero tolerance policy was equally strong.

Topic has been played to death. My questions on it and I'll leave it at that. I think these are reasonable points:

1. Munster and the IRFU reiterated they have a zero tolerance policy towards PED use in sport. At the same time they said they believe in giving people second chances. Does this mean if you dope while under an IRFU or provincial contract you'll be turfed out but it's okay to dope elsewhere and then come here?

2. Who taught Gerbrandt Grobler how to take the substances he was nabbed for? A 21 year old can't have that knowledge himself.

3. Grobler put his hands up when he was caught. Would he have done so had he not been caught?

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and expressed my displeasure with this signing last summer. You may not particularly like how Kimmage, Gilroy and O'Connor are making their point but it doesn't make them any less valid.
Again as I said GG never failed on IRFU or Munster watch. They said zero tolerance in terms of on their watch but also maybe it was built after saying D. Ryan was too old for a central contract but another similar aged guy was given 1 with huge wage and well we all know which 1 is on form. But again zero policy BS wasn't an issue for certain media clowns when he signed. And well if it's the zero policy bit then why attack a player. Why not attack Joe Schmidt, David Nucifora and Phillip Browne as they are last 3 to sign off on deal. Or before that Garrett Fitzgerald. Why attack player. As You said on another topic Snoop. Isn't main thing just what's best for player and your happy on case by case basis. There no written rule ;) so like Schmidt did with the Zebo case maybe They are consistent.

2. Gerbrandt gave an interview on how the gym gave him the goods and education as he was under pressure to keeps up size. He's been open on it.

3. Yes he said that he would've had the guilt and may not have come clean through the official channels but that he couldn't keep the guilt in.

On Journalists it actually BS they got no point across. Just attacked a player and looked pathetic and bias on the way. Gilroy had a tape from the past saying he hates Munster from past brought up and he tried to spin it as yes it revenge. Kimmage came out at a stage saying sure Munster had it in for him with our pitchforks. And O'Connor had vendetta after being made looking a fool in UL. They became the story and GG more than the topic. Kimmage is a failed doper himself who only came clean after being caught and he was **** poor even with doping.
No actual point was made well. And it never would be when the journalists become the topic. If anything it raised awareness to people who may not have been aware of the PEDs for rugby that they are available and I guarantee you'll see it in junior rugby.
Which IRFU confirmed a player with Naas Rugby failed in 2015. But again surely thatbwas forgot to be mentioned or any player attacked

Again as I said GG never failed on IRFU or Munster watch. They said zero tolerance in terms of on their watch but also maybe it was built after saying D. Ryan was too old for a central contract but another similar aged guy was given 1 with huge wage and well we all know which 1 is on form. But again zero policy BS wasn't an issue for certain media clowns when he signed. And well if it's the zero policy bit then why attack a player. Why not attack Joe Schmidt, David Nucifora and Phillip Browne as they are last 3 to sign off on deal. Or before that Garrett Fitzgerald. Why attack player. As You said on another topic Snoop. Isn't main thing just what's best for player and your happy on case by case basis. There no written rule ;) so like Schmidt did with the Zebo case maybe They are consistent.

2. Gerbrandt gave an interview on how the gym gave him the goods and education as he was under pressure to keeps up size. He's been open on it.

3. Yes he said that he would've had the guilt and may not have come clean through the official channels but that he couldn't keep the guilt in.

On Journalists it actually BS they got no point across. Just attacked a player and looked pathetic and bias on the way. Gilroy had a tape from the past saying he hates Munster from past brought up and he tried to spin it as yes it revenge. Kimmage came out at a stage saying sure Munster had it in for him with our pitchforks. And O'Connor had vendetta after being made looking a fool in UL. They became the story and GG more than the topic. Kimmage is a failed doper himself who only came clean after being caught and he was **** poor even with doping.
No actual point was made well. And it never would be when the journalists become the topic. If anything it raised awareness to people who may not have been aware of the PEDs for rugby that they are available and I guarantee you'll see it in junior rugby.
Which IRFU confirmed a player with Naas Rugby failed in 2015. But again surely thatbwas forgot to be mentioned or any player attacked
In no way am I attacking Gerbrandt Grobler personally in my views below. Don't take this the wrong way but believing the player would have come clean is naive. I can't recall a single sportsman who in the prime of his career has ever come clean without being caught about their doping unless under oath. Maybe this player is the exception. I highly doubt it. Saying guilt would have gotten the better of him is a case of preaching to the converted. Some Munster supporters may believe it but nobody else will.

I said what's best for Irish rugby is what should be adhered to, not what's best for the player. What's best for Irish rugby is zero tolerance towards PED usage. I don't believe this player should have been signed by an Irish province based on the IRFU's supposed zero tolerance policy towards PED use. On that I've been very clear. I also wish no ill towards him and hope he plays well for Munster if called upon and stays clear of PEDs from now on.

The IRFU are being attacked on this, it's not solely Munster bashing. Philip Browne was doorstepped about it be Newstalk. They pulled no punches in the interview in pointing out the hypocrisy of stating there's a zero tolerance policy and signing a player who used PEDs. Garrett Fitzgerald have been called out on it too. Yesterday's press release was extremely clumsy. What I read into it is that it's okay to cheat and serve your time if it's on somebody else's watch. It's not zero tolerance if you tolerate drug cheats coming in.

In the main, the media and fans don't care which I think is a sad state of affairs. Grobler is a pawn in this. The problems go much deeper. Somebody showed him how to dope and where to get the products. Those are the people we really need to target and eradicate from this sport and all sports.

Southern Kings really are a shambles. To concede almost 60 points to an Ulster team containing that pack is dreadful.

Latest posts