• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig Joubert and TV officials are cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Barnes has been confirmed as final ref.......................................................................................

;)

Sorry but isn't the whole idea of TMO's to eradicate incorrect decisions.
Or is that maybe just too simple a concept ?

Owens to ref the final then? from what people are saying.

Well to a point it is, but there is some structure around how it can and cant be used. This is clearly defined by World Rugby, so in the context of a discussion around how well Joubert officiated the game it is a moot point. It could of course be a seperate discussion all together.

As far as I can tell you are just wrong here and look to have misunderstood the rules and/or the situation!

Under World Rugby rules, the TMO can only be called into play for:

• Determining the grounding of the ball in goal for a try, and/or whether players were out of the field of play before the grounding;
  • Determining whether a kick at goal has been successful;
  • Confirming an infringement has occurred in the build up to a try or prevention of a try within two phases of the try, and;
  • Considering acts of possible foul play.
The offside ruling does not fall into any category and therefore Joubert's decision on the field stands.

Sorry mate, you are going to have to find a different avenue of attack ;)

TMO protocol 4.1 states: They are unsure of the exact circumstances.

JOUBERT was unsure. He could of referee it.

TMO protocol 4.4 says the referee has the right to watch replays on the stadium big screen, he did and should have been man enough to say I got it wrong. He didn't and until otherwise as far as I am concerned he is a cheat for this.

And if the TMO can only be used for acts of foul play why was he not used for the late tackle on hogg?

Because that is exactly what it was a late tackle were Australia would have been penalised negating what would have happend a minute latter.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can tell you are just wrong here and look to have misunderstood the rules and/or the situation!

• Determining the grounding of the ball in goal for a try, and/or whether players were out of the field of play before the grounding;
  • Confirming an infringement has occurred in the build up to a try or prevention of a try within two phases of the try, and;
The offside ruling does not fall into any category and therefore Joubert's decision on the field stands.

TMO protocol 4.4 says the referee has the right to watch replays on the stadium big screen, he did and should have been man enough to say I got it wrong. He didn't and until otherwise as far as I am concerned he is a cheat for this.

And if the TMO can only be used for acts of foul play why was he not used for the late tackle on hogg?

Because that is exactly what it was a late tackle were Australia would have been penalised negating what would have happend a minute latter.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't buy the cheating angle one bit. The last call was a bang bang play and he got it horribly wrong. I'm actually more upset about him not reviewing the late hit on Hogg, and in the first half, the Aussie 3 had been penalized three times for bring down scrums. Immediately after the disallowed Aussie try he clearly brought down the scrum again but Joubert just played on as the ball was at the back and as far as I'm aware never even gave him a warning at any point. Don't get me started on Maitlands YC or Genia killing the ball in a ruck on the Aussie line. Even after all that if we could simply secure the ball on our own throw we'd have won. Can't get more Scottish than that.

@Monkeynuts
I'm not sure what you are reading, but World Rugby have made a public statement on this and it is:
"World Rugby have confirmed that Joubert ... could not have consulted with the TMO about the decision. The TMO, they insist, can only be used to determine on acts of foul play, ruling on an infringement in the build-up to a try and to check both grounding of the ball and kicks at goal – but not whether the penalty for offside was correct."

So either you are wrong or Wrold Rugby is wrong.

But again, from t
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/96575

OFFICIAL WORLD RUGBY MEDIA RELEASETelevision Match Officials' role at Rugby World Cup 2015
The objective of the television match official (TMO) system is to ensure accurate and consistent decisions are made on the field in a timely and efficient manner. The TMO is a tool to help referees and assistant referees with their on-field calls and the referee remains the decision-maker who is in charge of the process.

The TMO can be used only in the following circumstances:

• Determining the grounding of the ball in-goal for a try or touchdown and/or whether players were in touch or touch in goal before grounding
  • Determining whether a kick at goal has been successful
  • Confirm if an infringement has occurred in the build-up to a try or prevention of a try (infringement must be within two phases of the try or touchdown)
  • Considering acts of possible foul play
Therefore Joubert was correct, World RUgby is correct, and it would seem you are wrong.

What exactly are you reading? Do you have a link?

Last edited:
you need to stop being a zombie my friend, rugby is one of the most corrupt sports on the planet, it is 99% institutional corruption and it is 100% exclusively carried out by the refs and the tmos

and im not referring to this particular match either

You're bonkers.

I don't buy the cheating angle one bit. The last call was a bang bang play and he got it horribly wrong. I'm actually more upset about him not reviewing the late hit on Hogg, and in the first half, the Aussie 3 had been penalized three times for bring down scrums. Immediately after the disallowed Aussie try he clearly brought down the scrum again but Joubert just played on as the ball was at the back and as far as I'm aware never even gave him a warning at any point. Don't get me started on Maitlands YC or Genia killing the ball in a ruck on the Aussie line. Even after all that if we could simply secure the ball on our own throw we'd have won. Can't get more Scottish than that.

Again, what did he get horribly wrong?

Scots were so lucky that Australia gave 2 tries (Foley and Slipper). In a normal situation, it wouldnt be happen. Australia played relaxed, they even dont pick their two best players, this wont be repeated

To be fair, going back on Scotland's last couple games they're not really a side that "creates" too many tries off their own ball, but rather seem to try and attack with their defensive pressure and score off that. We saw that in their game against Samoa too - they come up and try more to "steal" tries off flustered attack rather than create them themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

you need to stop being a zombie my friend, rugby is one of the most corrupt sports on the planet, it is 99% institutional corruption and it is 100% exclusively carried out by the refs and the tmos

and im not referring to this particular match either

*coughs* I take it you've never heard of FIFA?

Tired of these "cheating" threads. Anytime something doesn't go your way, "oh the ref must have been paid". South African fans of 4 years ago all over again "we lost so Bryce Lawrence cheated".

I'm not going to rehash everything that's already been said, there were several strange calls which benefited both teams. ABs2011 is absolutely accurate with everything he has said. Joubert couldn't use the TMO in the last instance, he had no slow motion multiple angle replay and he had to make a decision on the spot so he did.

Man up and deal with it, Scotland almost won buy unfortunately fell short.

Well to a point it is, but there is some structure around how it can and cant be used. This is clearly defined by World Rugby, so in the context of a discussion around how well Joubert officiated the game it is a moot point. It could of course be a seperate discussion all together.
This. If you insert the TMO into every decision in the game, then what little flow the game has will be completely removed. Referees already massively over-use the TMO and ultimately they don't always get it right themselves anyway.

Last edited:
Tired of these "cheating" threads. Anytime something doesn't go your way, "oh the ref must have been paid". South African fans of 4 years ago all over again "we lost so Bryce Lawrence cheated".

I'm not going to rehash everything that's already been said, there were several strange calls which benefited both teams. ABs2011 is absolutely accurate with everything he has said. Joubert couldn't use the TMO in the last instance, he had no slow motion multiple angle replay and he had to make a decision on the spot so he did.

Most Scotland fans including me are doing that. Fair play to Auz.

- - - Updated - - -

This. If you insert the TMO into every decision in the game, then what little flow the game has will be completely removed. Referees already massively over-use the TMO and ultimately they don't always get it right themselves anyway.

Especially as people seem to think because it was in the last few minutes it should be special and more likely to be referred to TMO. Are people suggesting they do that for every ruck and tackle in the last 5 mins just to make sure?!

No, Insnane Asylum, it's more than reasonable to blame the referees and call them cheats. Or didn't you see Joubert taking out all those Scottish players to allow the Wallabies to score all 5 of their tries? The conspiracy goes deeper than you think!

Again, what did he get horribly wrong?

You still think he got it right? You are in an ever shrinking minority if you do. And it's horrible because it cost us the game.

im sure the Aussies had some calls go against them too, but can you seriously argue we weren't harder done? Again, if we secure the line out we probably win, no argument on that.

Or didn't you see Joubert taking out all those Scottish players to allow the Wallabies to score all 5 of their tries?
I managed to get a screencap of him doing just that:

X641eOD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts