• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig Joubert and TV officials are cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Scotland fans including me are doing that. Fair play to Auz.

Scotland played well too, take nothing away from them. If the Wallabies went down the headlines would have been "Brave Scotland put the Wallaby to the sword" or something to that effect.

You still think he got it right? You are in an ever shrinking minority if you do. And it's horrible because it cost us the game.

im sure the Aussies had some calls go against them too, but can you seriously argue we weren't harder done? Again, if we secure the line out we probably win, no argument on that.

No, I've seen an angle now that has changed my mind, for me it shows Phipps playing at (and touching) the ball, so no offside and a scrum should have been awarded to OZ.

What he did get right is the non-use of the TMO.

So certainly Scotland can feel aggrieved at the decision IMHO, but the insane outrage is not warranted. It took me several replays and angles to finally come to the conclusion I have. To expect referees to do this in full speed with one view is just not reasonable. It's just a shame that this decision looks to have cost Scotland the match. I do feel for you guys. I just think we need to be careful how we all (as rugby viewing public) react. These things will always happen.

You still think he got it right? You are in an ever shrinking minority if you do. And it's horrible because it cost us the game.

im sure the Aussies had some calls go against them too, but can you seriously argue we weren't harder done? Again, if we secure the line out we probably win, no argument on that.
Nooe. The 5 tries the Scots let in cost you the game.

That's not the point though. Do you still think he got it right?
From what ive yes.

It is the point. The scots and aussie haters are wanting to murder a bloke for ruling a very line ball decision against them
And they are blowing up about the yellow that while soft was totally correct.
Oh and i think they got it wrong with the try disallowed.

Instead of being proud of their boys and thinking we will get em next time all they do is act like bad sports.

No amount of whinging will change the fact they lost fair and squire.

From what ive yes.

It is the point. The scots and aussie haters are wanting to murder a bloke for ruling a very line ball decision against them
And they are blowing up about the yellow that while soft was totally correct.
Oh and i think they got it wrong with the try disallowed.

Instead of being proud of their boys and thinking we will get em next time all they do is act like bad sports.

No amount of whinging will change the fact they lost fair and squire.

Have a look again then mate, and then please let us know on what basis you determine the call to be correct.

And it is definately not the point. I get what you are trying to say, but you are on a thread dedicated to the officating of this game. So whether or not OZ scored 5 tries is not relevant!

Have a look again then mate, and then please let us know on what basis you determine the call to be correct.

And it is definately not the point. I get what you are trying to say, but you are on a thread dedicated to the officating of this game. So whether or not OZ scored 5 tries is not relevant!
It may well have been wrong, but come the following week I'm almost certain someone will have gone through the 30 odd penalties that Joubert awarded Wales and more than likely will have found a couple that were wrong.

It may well have been wrong, but come the following week I'm almost certain someone will have gone through the 30 odd penalties that Joubert awarded Wales and more than likely will have found a couple that were wrong.

It was definately wrong, but, again, as someone else said what you are subsequently saying its not really the point, largely because "The closer to the end of a game that a very bad error like this is made, the more difficult it is for the disadvantaged team to recover from" and also because this is the call Joubert is getting berated on so I think it's improtant for everyone to at least understand what went on here cause there are a lot of people getting it wrong (me included at the start).

In the greater scheme of things I dont think it matters much - OZ were the better team IMO. BUT I think Scotish fans deserve some sympathy as it was the call of the match and did probably change the match outcome.

It was definately wrong, but, again, as someone else said what you are subsequently saying its not really the point, largely because "The closer to the end of a game that a very bad error like this is made, the more difficult it is for the disadvantaged team to recover from" and also because this is the call Joubert is getting berated on so I think it's improtant for everyone to at least understand what went on here cause there are a lot of people getting it wrong (me included at the start).

In the greater scheme of things I dont think it matters much - OZ were the better team IMO. BUT I think Scotish fans deserve some sympathy as it was the call of the match and did probably change the match outcome.
I do sympathise with them to be honest, but frankly if we'd have lost because of that call I'd have still been way more ****** off with our performance because we let in 2 stupid tries and the Scots created virtually nothing on their own. I'd be much more focused on what Australia did wrong and the mistakes we made frankly, and wouldn't be freaking out too much about the ref.

Like Paul Green said to the Cowboys when they lost to the Roosters in the finals in last years NRL when they came from 30-0 down to losing by a couple points "you don't let a side put 30 on you and blame the ref"

I do sympathise with them to be honest, but frankly if we'd have lost because of that call I'd have still been way more ****** off with our performance because we let in 2 stupid tries and the Scots created virtually nothing on their own. I'd be much more focused on what Australia did wrong and the mistakes we made frankly, and wouldn't be freaking out too much about the ref.

Like Paul Green said to the Cowboys when they lost to the Roosters in the finals in last years NRL when they came from 30-0 down to losing by a couple points "you don't let a side put 30 on you and blame the ref"

Yeah I know what you mean man, but its a lot easier said that done if you will.

Some Scotish fans will likely be forever gutted at this call and I dont blame them to be honest. But it is just one of those things in Rugby (and sport), and it certainly is a call that when you step back from the emotion of it all, was a tough one to get right so IMO Joubert really shouldnt be crucifed for it.

Yet on an other thread you are banging on about Barnes?

Its a pretty predictable outcome really I said at the start of the year that at least one team in this world cup was going to be sorely ****** off over reffing decisions by the time its all said and done.

And to think theres still three (important) games to go....

Massive overreaction, it's marginal and hard to tell if he even got the call correct or wrong but to call him a cheat and all that? Emotions are high and I think you need to rest on this and come back to it

It's a 80 minute game so seems silly to blame one incident, Scotland let in 5 tries.....that is where they lost this match. Defense should have been stronger and they should of cleanly won that lineout which would of prevented this whole debate

NZ got called sore losers for blaming wayne baynes in 07 etc, sorry son it's a game and you just gotta suck it up and move on with life. Craig Joubert also reffed the Super Rugby Final last year and called a 79th minute penalty against the Crusaders which he admitted later was wrong, I was disappointed at the time but I didn't call him a cheat, human error will always occur in every single rugby match.

- - - Updated - - -

He made one error, a whopper at that, should of gone to TMO, just draw that box and Scotland would have 99% probability of winning.

he isn't allowed to check the TMO on that unfortunately

Yet on an other thread you are banging on about Barnes?
I think you might have me mixed up with someone else... On the thread you speak of I think you'll find I said the All Blacks lost in 2007 because they took Carter off too early.

There was no problem with the decision at the end. What was baffling though was that he ran off so quickly. I guess he either questioned his decision, or he was fearing an enormous backlash.

There was no problem with the decision at the end. What was baffling though was that he ran off so quickly. I guess he either questioned his decision, or he was fearing an enormous backlash.

People were throwing stuff at him.

Massive overreaction, it's marginal and hard to tell if he even got the call correct or wrong but to call him a cheat and all that? Emotions are high and I think you need to rest on this and come back to it

It's a 80 minute game so seems silly to blame one incident, Scotland let in 5 tries.....that is where they lost this match. Defense should have been stronger and they should of cleanly won that lineout which would of prevented this whole debate

NZ got called sore losers for blaming wayne baynes in 07 etc, sorry son it's a game and you just gotta suck it up and move on with life. Craig Joubert also reffed the Super Rugby Final last year and called a 79th minute penalty against the Crusaders which he admitted later was wrong, I was disappointed at the time but I didn't call him a cheat, human error will always occur in every single rugby match.

- - - Updated - - -

he isn't allowed to check the TMO on that unfortunately

Yes he is. Check the IRB definition of foul play.

- - - Updated - - -

People were throwing stuff at him.

Crap. That just didn't happen, and frankly it's getting old already. Frankly, the only time I remember a rugby player being hit by a bottle was Peter Wright, the Scottsih prop, having his skull opened up by a bottle thrown from the crowd in Australia as he walked down the tunnel.

Yes he is. Check the IRB definition of foul play.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap. That just didn't happen, and frankly it's getting old already. Frankly, the only time I remember a rugby player being hit by a bottle was Peter Wright, the Scottsih prop, having his skull opened up by a bottle thrown from the crowd in Australia as he walked down the tunnel.
Ok ok your right. The IRB sent down a message after screwing the japanese with their turn around time against you, that they didnt want Scotland in the finals.
Dont blame them really.
But hey you got a moral victory.
We will have to console ourselves by going further in the tournament.

The way some fans behave on this thread leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Please check out the Wales threads, and learn how to lose with dignity.

The way some fans behave on this thread leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Please check out the Wales threads, and learn how to lose with dignity.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts